- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Breeding of biparental sex-limited larval marking yellow cocoon variety "Hanbyeolnue"
- Kim, Kee-young ;
- Seo, Sang-deog ;
- Kim, Mi-ja ;
- Ji, Sang-duk ;
- Sung, Gyoo-byung ;
- Kim, Yong-soon ;
- Ju, Wan-taek ;
- Kwon, Hae-yong ;
- Sohn, Bong-hee ;
- Kang, Pil-don
- Received : 2016.05.02
- Accepted : 2016.06.20
- Published : 2016.06.30
All of silkworm varieties reared in farmhouses are first generation hybrids, for the production of these hybrid silkworms precise and labor-saving sex discrimination is necessary. The new variety "Hanbyeolnue" is biparental sex-limited larval marking yellow cocoon variety which was bred from biparental sex-limited strain of Japanese originated Jam 319 and Chinese originated Jam 320. Productivity test of Hanbyeolnue in 2015 showed high healthiness and short larval period. The Hanbyeolnue was evaluated as an excellent variety which can be utilized for special purpose silkworm such as male pupae or Cordyceps production.
silkworm;sex-limited larval marking yellow cocoon;Hanbyeolnue;breeding
- Kim JW, Kim SU, Lee HS, Kim I, Ahn MY, Ryu KS (2003) Determination of 1-deoxynojirimycin in Morus alba L. leaves by derivatization with 9-fluorenylmethyl chlorofomate followed by reversed-phase high- performance liquid chromatography. J. Chromatogr. A, 1002(1-2) 93-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(03)00728-3
- Kang PD, Kim KM, Sohn BH, Woo SO and Ryu KS (2000) Breeding of Yangwonjam, a Both Parent Sex-limited Larval Marking Variety Suitable for Spring-Autumn Rearing Season. Korean, J. Seri. Sci 42(1), 24-27.
- Kang PD, Sung GB, Kim KY, Lee HS, Kim MJ, Ji SD, Hong IP, Kweon HY, Park KY, Lee KG and Sohn BH (2011) Breeding of Hansaengjam a Parental Sex-Limited Larval Marking Strain Suitable for Spring Rearing Season. Int. J. Indust. Entomol. 23(1) 179-182. https://doi.org/10.7852/ijie.2011.23.1.179
- Kim KY, Sung GB, Kim MJ, Ji SD, Kweon HY, Park KY, Sohn BH and Kang PD (2013) Breeding of Whangbojam Sex-Limited Yellow Silk Silkworm Variety Suitable for Spring Rearing Season. J Seri Entomol Sci 51(1) 63-67.
- Harada C (1961) Heterosis of the quantitative characters in the silkworm. Bull Sericul Exp Sta 17(1), 1-52.
- Hasimoto, H (1948) Sex-limited zebra X-ray mutation in the silkworm. J. Seri. Sci. Jap., 16:62-64
- Lee SP, Kim SE, Kim KM, Lee SM, Lea HZ and Lee YI (1989) Induction of Sex-limited Cocoon Color Character by Translocation of Yellow Blood Gene Y(II-25.6) on to W Chromosome by γ-Irradiation in Silkworm, Bombyx mori. Korean. J. Breed. 21(3) : 219-223.
- Sohn KW, Hong KW (1986) Combining ability test of silkworm varieties Top-cross. Res Rept RDA 26-1(E. Fm & S) 28(1), 66-70.
Grant : 신품종개발공동연구
Supported by : 국립농업과학원