- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
365 nm LED laser treatment on beagle for gingival whitening without gum dermabrasion
잇몸 박피술 없는 치은 미백을 위한 비글에서 365 nm LED 레이저 치료
- Lee, Sung-Ho ;
- Kim, Ryun Kyung ;
- Seo, Na-Ri ;
- Lim, Ho-Kyung ;
- Byun, Soo-Hwan ;
- Lim, Young-Joon ;
- Kim, Soung-Min ;
- Lee, Jong-Ho
- Received : 2016.05.18
- Accepted : 2016.06.14
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose: Gingival whitening is one of dental treatment purposes which is close to treating aesthetic disorders. Initial gingival whitening treatment was done by dermabrasion using a high power Diode Laser. However, this treatment method cannot be free from any infection or pain after the treatment. Therefore, we have decided to progress gingival whitening treatment using a low power LED laser. Materials and Methods: The laser was irradiated on pork meat then the safety of output power, temperature change and skin denaturalization was measured. Bison 365 nm LED laser was irradiated on oral mucosal pigment of a 15 - 20 kg beagle for 15 min for 1 - 2 weeks, one or two times each. Any pigment loss was checked through Hematoxyline-Eosin staining. Results: The melanin pigments at the area of 365 nm LED Laser irradiation were decreased. Conclusion: The 365 nm LED Laser proposed in this study is considered to compensate the bleaching effect achieved by either using Diode laser or surgical methods.
gingival whitening;melanocyte;laser treatment;365 nm laser
- Yousuf A, Hossain M, Nakamura Y, Yamada Y, Kinoshita J, Matsumoto K. Removal of gingival melanin pigmentation with the semiconductor diode laser: a case report. J Clin Laser Med Surg 2000;18:263-6.
- Patil KP, Joshi V, Waghmode V, Kanakdande V. Gingival depigmentation : a split mouth comparative study between scalpel and cryosurgery. Contemp Clin Dent 2015;6:S97-S101. https://doi.org/10.4103/0976-237X.152964
- Monteiro LS, Costa JA, da Camara MI, Albuquerque R, Martins M, Pacheco JJ, Salazar F, Figueira F. Aesthetic depigmentation of gingival smoker's melanosis using carbon dioxide lasers. Case Rep Dent 2015;2015:510589.
- Chandna S, Kedige SD. Evaluation of pain on use of electrosurgery and diode lasers in the management of gingival hyperpigmentation: a comparative study. J Indian Soc Periodontol 2015;19:49-55. https://doi.org/10.4103/0972-124X.145823
- Fekrazad R, Chiniforush N. One visit providing desirable smile by laser application. J Lasers Med Sci 2014;5:47-50.
- Berk G, Atici K, Berk N. Treatment of gingival pigmentation with Er, Cr:YSGG Laser. J Oral Laser Applications 2005;5:249-53.
- Soliman MM, Al Thomali Y, Al Shammrani A, El Gazaerly H. The use of soft tissue diode laser in the treatment of oral hyper pigmentation. Int J Health Sci 2014;8:133-140. https://doi.org/10.12816/0006079
Supported by : Ministry for Trade, Industry, and Energy