- Volume 49 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influence of Groundwater on the Hydrogeochemistry and the Origin of Oseepchun in Dogye Area, Korea
도계지역 오십천에서의 지하수 영향분석 - 수리지화학적 특성과 기원
Hwang, Jeong Hwan;Song, Min Ho;Cho, Hea Ly;Woo, Nam C
- Received : 2016.04.15
- Accepted : 2016.06.22
- Published : 2016.06.28
Water quality of Oseepchun, Dogye area, was investigated quantitatively for its origin and hydrogeochemistry in relation to the influence of groundwater. Groundwater appears to be the principal source of Oseepchun from the water-quality monitoring data including redox potentials, composition of dissolved ions and their correlations, hydrogen and oxygen stable isotopic ratios, and the distribution and occurrence of contaminants. Water-quality type of the surface water was grouped by the water-rock interactions as
Oseepchun;groundwater-surface water interaction;hydrogeochemistry;water-rock interaction;stable isotopes
- Brunner, P., Cook, P.G. and Simmons, C.T. (2009) Hydrogeologic controls on disconnection between surface water and groundwater, Water Resources Research, Vol.45, W01422.
- Buzzi, D.C., Viegas, L.S., Rodrigues, M.A.S., Bernardes, A.M. and Tenorio, J.A.S. (2013) Water recovery from acid mine drainage by electrodialysis, Minerals Engineering, v.40, p.82-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2012.08.005
- Choung, S.W., Woo, N.C. and Lee, K.S. (2004) Temporal and Spatial Variations of Groundwater Quality in Hanlim, Jeju island, Journal of The Geological Society of Korea, v.40, n.4, p.537-558.
- Choi, J.Y., Um, J.G., Kwon, H.H. and Shim, Y.S. (2010) Relationship between fracture distribution and the acidity of mine drainage at the Il-Gwang mine, The Journal of Engineering Geology, v.20, n.4, p.425-436.
- Fleckenstein, J.H., Krause, S., Mannah, D.M. and Boano, F. (2010) Groundwater-surface water interactions: New methods and models to improve understanding of processes and dynamics, Advances in Water Resources, v.33, p.1291-1295. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advwatres.2010.09.011
- Gibbs, R.J. (1970) Mechanism controlling world water chemistry, Science, v.170, p.135-137.
- Haria, A.H., Shand, P., Soulsby, C. and Noorduijn, S. (2013) Spatial delineation of groundwater-surface water interactions through intensive in-stream profiling, Hydrological Processes, v.27, p.628-634. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.9551
- Hounslow, A.W. (1995) Water quality data analysis and interpretation, Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, p.80-81.
- Howard, C.S. (1933) Determination of Total Dissolved Solids in Water Analysis, Industrial And Engineering Chemistry, Analytical Edition, v.5, n.1, p.4-6. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac50081a004
- Hughes, D.A. (2004) Incorporating groundwater recharge and discharge functions into an existing monthly rainfall-unoff model, Hydrological Sciences Journal, v.49(2), p.297-311.
- Hyun, Y.J., Kim, H.J., Lee, S.S. and Lee, K.K. (2011) Characterizing streambed water flux using temperature and head data in Munsan stream, South Korea, Journal of Hydrology, v.402, p.377-387. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2011.03.032
- Hyun, Y.J. and Kim, Y.S (2013) Environmental aspects and management of hyporheic zones, Korea Environment Institute, p.1773-1892.
- Ivkovic, K.M., Letcher, R.A. and Croke, B.F.W. (2009) Use of a simple surface-groundwater interaction model to inform water management, Australian Journal of Earth Sciences, v.56, p.71-80. https://doi.org/10.1080/08120090802541945
- Ivkovic, K.M. (2009) A top-down approach to characterise aquifer-river interaction processes, Journal of Hydrology, v.365, p.145-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2008.11.021
- Jacobs, J.A., Lehr, J.H. and Testa, S.M. (2014) Acid Mine Drainage, Rock Drainage, and Acid Sulfate Soils: Causes, Assessment, Prediction, Prevention, and Remediation, Wiley, p.3-8.
- Kim, G.B., Son, Y.C., Lee, S.H., Jeong, A.C., Cha, E.J. and Ko, M.J. (2012) Understanding of Surface Water-Groundwater Connectivity in an Alluvial Plain using Statistical Methods, The Journal of Engineering Geology, v.22, p.207-221. https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2012.22.2.207
- Kim, H.J., Hyun, Y.J. and Lee, K.K. (2009) Hydro-ecological characterizations in groundwater dependent ecosystem, Journal of Korean Wetlands Society, v.11, n.3, p.1-8.
- Kim, H.J., Lee, J.Y., Lee, S.S., Hyun, Y.J. and Lee, K.K. (2011) Characterization of vertical temperature distribution in hyporheic zone, Journal of Korean Wetlands Society, v.13, n.2, p.265-273.
- Kim, J.H., Yoon, U.S., Choi, J.W., Bae, G.H. and Kwon, H.S. (2000) Development Characteristics of Osheepchun Fault Zone, Proceedings of Annual Conference, Journal of The Geological Society of Korea, p.17.
- Kim, J.W., Jun, H.P., Lee, C.J., Kim, N.J. and Kim, G.B. (2013) Groundwater-use Estimation Method Based on Field Monitoring Data in South Korea, The Journal of Engineering Geology, v.23, n.4, p.467-476. https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2013.4.467
- Kim, N.W., Yoo, S.Y., Chung, I.M. and Lee, J.W. (2009) Analysis on the Spatial-temporal Variation of Surface-groundwater Interaction on the Watershed Basis, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, v.42, n.1, p.21-31. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2009.42.1.21
- Kim, Y.J. and Kang, H.J. (2009) Biogeochemical reactions in hyporheic zone as an ecological hotspot in natural streams, Journal of Korean Wetlands Society, v.11, n.1, p.123-130.
- Ko, K.S., Kim, Y.G., Koh, D.C., Lee, K.S., Lee, S.G., Kang, C.H., Seong, H.J. and Park, W.B. (2005) Hydrogeochemical characterization of groundwater in Jeju island using principal component analysis and geostatistics, Journal of Economic and Environmental Geology, v.38, p.435-450.
- Kortatsi, B.K., Tay, C.K., Anornu, G., Hayford, E. and Dartey, G.A. (2008) Hydrogeochemical evaluation of groundwater in the river Offin basin, Ghana, Environmental Geology, v.53, p.1651-1662. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-007-0772-0
- Le Maitre, D.C. and Colvin, C.A. (2008) Assessment of the contribution of groundwater discharges to rivers using monthly flow statistics and flow seasonality, Water SA, v.34, n.5, p.549-564.
- Lee, B.S and Woo, N.C (2003) The effects of bed-rock formations on water quality and contamination : statistical approaches, Journal of Economic and Environmental Geology, v.36, n.6, p.415-429.
- Lee, E.S. (2004) Ground water sustainability and ground water - surface water interaction, Journal of The Geological Society of Korea, v.30, n.3, p.361-368.
- Lee, J.Y., Won, J.H. and Hahn, J.S. (2006) Evaluation of hydrogeologic conditions for groundwater heat pumps: analysis with data from national groundwater monitoring stations, Geoscience Journal, v.10, n.1, p.91-99. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02910336
- Lee, K.S. and Lee, C.B. (1999) Oxygen and hydrogen isotopic composition of precipitation and river waters in South Korea, Journal of The Geological Society of Korea, v.35, n.1, p.73-84.
- Lee, S.I., Kim, B.C. and Kim, S.M. (2004) Effective use of water resources through conjunctive use- (I) the methodology, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, v.37, n.10, p.789-798. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.10.789
- Marchand, C., Lallier-Verges, E., Allenbach, M. (2011) Redox conditions and heavy metals distribution in mangrove forests receiving shrimp farm effluents (Teremba bay, New Caledonia). Journal of Soils Sediments, v.11, p.529-541. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-010-0330-3
- Ministry of environment (2003) International Year of Freshwater Materials, p.15.
- Nimick, D.A. and Moore, J.M. (1991) Prediction of water-soluble metal concentrations in fluvially deposited tailing sediments, Upper Clark Folk Valley, Montana, U.S.A. Appled Geochemistry, v.6, p.285-304.
- Ryu, J.S., Chang, H.W. and Lee, K.S. (2008) Hydrogeochemistry and isotope geochemistry of the Han River system: a summary, Journal of The Geological Society of Korea, v.44, n.4, p.467-477.
- Shand, P., Haria, A.H., Neal, C., Griffiths, K.J., Gooddy, D.C., Dixon, A.J., Hill, T., Buckley, D.K. and Cunningham, J.E. (2005) Hydrochemical heterogeneity in an upland catchment; further characterisation of the spatial, temporal and depth variations in soils, streams and groundwaters of the Plynlimon forested catchment, Wales, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. v.9(6), p.611-634.
- Soulsby, C., Malcolm, I.A., Youngson, A.F., Tetzlaff, D., Gibbins, C.N. and Hannah, D.M. (2005) Groundwater-surface water interactions in upland Scottish rivers: hydrological, hydrochemical and ecological implications, Scottish Journal of Geology, v.41 p.39-49. https://doi.org/10.1144/sjg41010039
- Tanner, J.L. and Hughes, D.A. (2015) Surface waterground-water interactions in catchment scale water resources assessments-understanding and hypothesis testing with a hydrological model, Hydrological Sciences Journal, v.60(11), p.1880-1895.
- Winter, T.C., Harvey, J.W., Franke, O.L. and Alley, W.M. (1999) Ground water and surface water, a single resource, U.S. Geological Survey, Circular 1139, p.79.
- Woo, N.C (2013) Climate change and groundwater sustainability in Korea for next decade, Journal of Soil and Groundwater Environment, v.18, n.1, p.1-5.
- Yoon, S.O., Hwang, S.I. and Lee, G.R. (2007) Geomorphic evolution of fluvial terraces at Yeongdong.Yeongseo streams in Gangwon province, Korea, Journal of The Korean Geographical Society, v.42, n.3, p.388-404.
- Yoon, H.S., Gee, E.D., Ji, M.K., Lee, W.R., Yang, J.S., Park, Y.T., Kwon, H.H., Ji, W.H., Kim, K.J., Jeon, B.H. and Choi, J.Y. (2011) Developing for reduction technology of AMD through coating on the surface of pyrite using minerals, Journal of The Korean Geo-Environmental Society. v.12, n.2, p.15-22.
- Yu, J.Y., Choi, I.K. and Kim, H.S. (1994) Geochemical characteristics of the surface water depending on the bed rock types in the Chuncheon area, Journal of The Geological Society of Korea, v.30, n.3, p.307-324.
- Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater and stream water in a karst area of Samcheok, Korea vol.55, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2019.55.1.117
Supported by : 한국기상산업진흥원