- Volume 49 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Review of the Current Policy Related to Exploration and Development of Mineral Resources in China
중국의 광물자원 탐사개발 관련 최신 정책 고찰
Kim, Seong-Yong;Bae, Jun-Hee;Lee, Jae-Wook;Heo, Chul-Ho
- Received : 2016.02.26
- Accepted : 2016.06.21
- Published : 2016.06.28
Due to growing problems securing stable mineral and energy resources with international political and economic changes, China has dedicated itself to strategies and policies to enhance its stable mineral and energy resources security. China has established a rare earth elements(REE) industry policy after the abolition of the REE exports quota system. China's six large REE companies have also been integrated into REE mining, smelting and refining companies. Efforts have been increased to enhance China's energy security through unconventional oil and gas exploration and development investment, as well as effort in R&D. The country will focus on technology development and exploration to promote commercial production of unconventional oil and gas based on countries with shale gas. China is making long-term contracts and joint ventures to ensure the acquisition of reliable mineral and energy resources from abroad. Government of China has proposed a range of initiatives, such as the integration of resources development strategies and environmental development strategies, internationalization of resource management, supply diversification and advancement, strengthening industry linking strategy, grouping and diversification strategy.
mineral and energy resources security;resources development strategies;internationalization of resource management;mineral resources in China
- Bo Xiao-ping, Zhao Ya-li, Meng Gang, Shang Yu and Fei Ming-ming (2009) Discussion on output control problem of Chinese preponderant strategic mineral resources. Jour. of China Mining Magazine, v.18, pp.5-8.
- Deng Xu, Jiang Zheng (2009) Chinese global strategy of mineral resources competition in the world. Jour. of China Mining Magazine, v.18, pp.9-12.
- Fu Lei and Zhong Bing (2008) Views on Current Status of Minerals Resources in China. Jour. of Liaoning Technical University (Natural Science), v.34, pp.810-815.
- Federation of Korean Industries(FKI) (2016), Overseas Mineral and Energy Resources Development of Korea, China and Japan, FKI Issue Paper, p.21.
- Gao Tianming, Yu Wenjia and Shen Lei (2015) New guidelines for China's superiority mineral resources management policy. Jour. of Resources Science, v.37, pp.908-914.
- Guo Yan-hong (2009) Discussion on Mineral Resources Tax and Fee System in China. Jour. of Resources and Industries, v.11, pp.127-130.
- Hu Zhen-peng and Wang Qin-feng (2007) Analysis on Recycling Economy in Exploiting and Utilizing Miner al Resources, Jour. of natural Resources, v.22, pp.236-242.
- Humphries, Marc (2015) China's Mineral Industry and U.S. Access to Strategic and Critical Minerals: Issues for Congress. Specialist in Energy Policy(March 20, 2015), CRS Report, Congressional Research Service, 7-5700, R43864, 26p.
- Korea Resources Corporation(KORES) (2015) Analysis on China Rare Earth Element Industry Policy. Mineral Resources Information Focus v.2015-06, KOMIS Service (www.kores,net)
- Lee Chaeyoung, Yoon Junil, Lee Hong, Lee Youngsoo and Shin Changhoon (2015) Investigation on Supporting Policies and Problems of Shale Gas Development in China. Jour. of the Korean Institute of Gas, v.19, pp.54-65.
- Lee Jae-Wook, Kim Seong-Yong, Ahn Eun-Young and Park Jung-Kyu (2014) Analysis on Survey, Exploration and Development Policy and Technology of China : Focused on Shale Gas Resources. Jour. of Economic and Environmental Geology, v.47, pp.291-302. https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2014.47.3.291
- Li Ji-yan, Du Jin-rui, Ye Shui-sheng, Xu Ya-ming (2010) Discussion on SWOT analysis applied in exploitation and utilization of mineral resources. Jour. of Global Geology, v.29, pp.677-682.
- Li Lian-ying and Zhu Qing (2010) Analysis of problems of ecological compensation for mineral resources exploitation and countermeasures in China. Jour. of China Mining Magazine, v.19, pp.62-65.
- Li Ying, Chen Qishen, Liu Qunyi, Xing Jiayun and Lu Ting (2015) An indicator system for overseas mineral resource supply security and analysis of the security situation for China's overseas resource supply. Jour. of Resources Science, v.37, pp.900-907.
- Liu Zhao-Shun, Xu Wen-Liang and Yang De-Ming (2007) Study on Strategic Environmental Assessment in Exploitation of Mineral Resources, Jour. of Scientia Geographica Sinica, v.26, pp.231-236.
- Ministry of Land and Resources of the People's Republic of China (MLR) (2015), China Mineral Resources. Beijing, China, Geological Publishing House(October, 2015), 54p.
- Ministry of Land and Resources of the People's Republic of China (MLR) (2007), China Mineral Resource Survey and Exploration Planning. http://big5.mlr.gov.cn/tdzt/zxgz/kczyjyyzhly/gzdt_6994/201205/t20120530_1104692.htm (2012.05.30).
- Peng Ying, Deng Jun, Wang An-jian, Chen Qi-shen, Zhang Xiao-jia (2010) An Analysis of Japan's Acquisition System for Overseas Mineral Resources. Jour. of Acta Geoscientica Sinica, v.31, pp.711-719.
- Qi Kai-jing, Wang Bin, Zheng Yong-jun and Shi Xiao-chen (2009) Tungsten Resources Development and Suggestion from Global Comparison in Recent Ten Years. Jour. of Global Geology, v.11, pp.59-62.
- Shao Lin (2014) Research on the Development Policies of New Energy Industry of China, Japan and South Korea. Jour. of Contemporary Economy of Japan, v.195, pp.88-94.
- Shi Zhengkang (2015) Green Mining Technology in Mining. International Conference on Applied Science and Engineering Innovation(ASEI 2015), proceedings, pp.1371-1375.
- U.S. Geological Survey (2015), 2013 Minerals Yearbook, China [Advanced Release]. 27p. (http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/country/2013/myb3-2013-ch.pdf)
- Wang Jiachen, Wang Lei, Yang Yang and Yang Shengli (2015) Science Mining and Clean Coal Technology in China. Jour. of Clean Energy Technologies, v.3, pp.474-477. https://doi.org/10.7763/JOCET.2015.V3.244
- Wang Jian (2010) Development and Approaches to China's Resources Industry. Jour. of Resources and Industries, v.12, pp.21-29.
- Xiao Rong-ge, Wang Shu-li, Shi Xiao-chen and Zhang Fang-zhe (2009) Assessment of Mining Properties and Mineral Resources. Jour. of Global Geology, v.11, pp.38-43.
- Ya Jiang, Fu Li, Zhao Feng-hua and Zhang Shuai (2015) Study on Japan's Seamless Aid Mechanism of Overseas Mineral Resources Exploration and Development. International Conference on Mechatronics, Electronic, Industrial and Control Engineering (MEIC 2015), proceedings, pp.1404-1408.
- Yuan Zhen-lei, Qiu Bin and Song Wen-jie (2009) A Case Study on Henan Province: Mineral Resources Development and Recycling Economy. Jour. of Resources and Industries, v.11, pp.79-81.
- Zhang Daquan, Zhang Jiaqiang, Wang Yufang, Tang Yue and Yu Wenjia (2015) China's unconventional oil and gas exploration and development : progress and prospects. Jour. of Resources Science, v.37, pp.1068-1075.
- Zhang Fuliang, Yu Mingwei, Li Zengda, Ma Cheng and Du Yilun (2015) Reference and Inspiration on Mineral Resources Strategy of USA and Japan. Jour. of Sustainable Development, v.5, pp.43-50. https://doi.org/10.12677/SD.2015.52007
- Zhang Fu-liang and Hu Zhi-hong (2009) Suggestions for Mineral Resource Development and Consolidation Under New Situation. Jour. of Resources and Industries, v.11, pp.75-78.
- Zhang Rui, Pian Huayan, M. Santosh and Zhang Shouting, (2015) The history and economics of gold mining in China. Jour. of Ore Geology Reviews, v.65, pp.718-727. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oregeorev.2014.03.004
- Zhang Xinhua, Gu Shuzhong, Wang Xingjie (2011) Regional Effects of Mineral Resources Exploitation and Inpacts on Stakeholders in Xinjiang. Jour. of Resources Science, v.33, pp.441-450.
- Zhao Yang, Ju Mei-ting, Shen Lei (2011) Situation and Approaches to China's Ore Resources Security. Jour. of Resources and Industries, v.13, pp.79-83.
- Zhao You Sheng, Du Xue Ling and Yang Peng Fei (2014) Discuss about the Sustainable Development Way for China Mining. Jour. of Advanced Materials Research, v.869-870, pp.479-483.
- Zhou Zong-ying, Liu Shi-liang and Liu Jin-xia (2015) Study on the Characteristics and Development Strategies of Geothermal Resources in China. Jour. of Natural Resources, v.30, pp.1210-1221.
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원