- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Convergence Effects of Commitment of Organization and Positive Psychological Capital in Nurse on Burnout
간호사의 조직몰입도와 긍정심리자본이 직무소진에 미치는 융복합적 영향
- Lee, Seung-hee (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Park, Ju-young (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-min (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Shin, Eun-hye (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Park, Jung-mi (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Nam, Hyun-a (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Noh, Sung-bae (College of Nursing, Konyang University)
- 이승희 (건양대학교 간호대학) ;
- 박주영 (건양대학교 간호대학) ;
- 이경민 (건양대학교 간호대학) ;
- 신은혜 (건양대학교 간호대학) ;
- 박정미 (건양대학교 간호대학) ;
- 남현아 (건양대학교 간호대학) ;
- 노성배 (건양대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2016.05.04
- Accepted : 2016.06.20
- Published : 2016.06.28
The purpose of this study is to determine the relationship among Organizational Commitment, Positive Psychological Capital and Burnout. Second one is to promote job satisfaction by identifying the effect of the relationship on Burnout. We conducted a survey of 107 nurses in the hospital. According to the relationship among Organizational Commitment, Positive Psychological Capital and Burnout. This study showed that equated resilience from of Organizational Commitment and dynamic stability from of Positive Psychological Capital are important factors to Burnout. Nurses with high Organizational Commitment and Positive Psychological Capital can provide improved medical service due to reduction of Burnout. Therefore, more effective base line data for nursing management is required through development and application of high Organizational Commitment and Positive Psychological Capital.
- J. H. Kim, M. Y. Hyun, S. Y. Kim, "Job Stress, Depression, Social Support, and Coping Strategies of Clinical Nurses", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 219-231, 2009.
- H. J. KIM, "Comparative study on the job satisfaction and intentions of quitting a job of nurses of small and medium sized clinics and university hospitals". Master's thesis, Kyunghee University, 2002.
- Y. T. Lee, The project analysis of medical organizations, http://www.khidi.or.kr/board/view?linkId=100730&menuId=MENU00085, January 10, 2016.
- S. Y. Yun, D. C. Uhm, "Impact on job satisfaction to job stress of physician assistant nurses", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 4914-4923, 2011. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4914 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4914
- E. J. OH, "Relations among verbal abuse, job satisfaction, burn out and turn over in nurses working in acute hospitals", Master's thesis, Hanyang University; 2010.
- M. R. Kim, G. A. Seomun, "Relationships among burnout, job satisfaction, organizational commitment and turnover intention to resign in hospital nurses", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 93-101, 2013. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.2.93 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.2.93
- H. K. Kim, "Factors influencing on burnout of the nurses in hospitals", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 7-18, 2005.
- R. T. Mowday, R. M. Steers, L. W. Porter, "The Measurement of Organizational Commitment", Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 224-247, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1
- R. C. King, V. Sethi, "The moderation effect of organizational commitment on burnout in information systems professional", European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 86-96, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000259
- H. J. Kim, T. Y. Yoo, "The effect of job overload on job burn out : the mediating effect of positive psychological capital and moderating effect of socail support and personality", The Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 317-340, 2013. https://doi.org/10.24230/ksiop.26.2.201305.317
- K. H. Park, "An empirical study on the effect of positive psychological capital on creativity and job involvement of small & nedium company employee", Korea Society for Learning and Performance. Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 155-132, 2012.
- Y. D. Choi, D. S. Lee, "Structural relationship between psychological capital of college students on job search self-efficacy and employment-preparation behavior", Korean Journal of Management. Vol. 2011, No. 2, pp.74-100, 2011.
- M. Y. Lee, K. H. Kim, "Influence of head nurses' Transformational leadership on staff nurse's psychological well-being, stress and somatization-focused on the mediating effect of psychological capital", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society. Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 166-175, 2012. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- K. S. HAN, A study on the positive psychological capita, organizational commitment and job stress of small and medium-sized hospital nurses, Master's thesis, Gwangju: Nambu University, 2015.
- K. H. Kang, S. A. Park, "Relationship between perception for appraisal of perioperative nurses and performance and organizational commitment" The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 189-197, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.189
- F. Luthans, C. M. Youssef, B. J. Avolio, Psychological capital, UK: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Y. D. Choi, A study on the antecedents and outcomes of the employee's positive psychological capital in Organization[master's thesis, ;Soekang University, 2009.
- A. M. Pines, E. Aronson, D. Kafry, Burnout from Tedium to Personal Growth, New York: A Division of Macmillian Publishing Co., 1981.
- G. P. Hong, An analytic study on burnout in relation with personal and job related characteristics and social support, Ph. D. dissertation, Yonsei University, 1984.
- I. S. Kim,. Impact of practice environment on job satisfaction and organizational commitment among hospital nurses, Master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2015.
- C. S, Leou, K. K. Kim, J. H. Kim, "Factors associated with burnout of nurses working for cancer patients". The Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care. Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 45-51, 2005.
- J. S. Choi, N. Y. Yang. "Factors Influencing Organizational Commitment Exprienced the JCI(Joint Commission Intermational) in Hospital Nurses", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 439-447, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.6.439
- Y. M. Cho, " The Influence of Autonomy, Competency, Relatedness on Burnout among Nurses", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 491-500, 2014.
- I. S. Kim, T. B. SEO, B. N. Kim, A. R. Min, "The effects of positive psychological capital, organizational commitment, customer orientation in clinical nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 10-19, 2015. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.10
- J. Y. Lee, H. S. Lee, "An analysis of structural relationships among managers' emotional leadership, salesperson's positive psychological capital, burnout, and work engagement", Korean Society for Learning and Performance, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 129-157, 2015.
- H. Y. Park, "A Study on the Structural Impact of Job Stress on the Organizational Commitment and Customer Oriented Boundary Spanning Behavior of Hospital Employees", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 603-611, 2013.
- J. H. Chun, J. H. Lee, J. Y. Yoo, " The Effect of Organizational Culture Types on Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Small and Medium Hospitals", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management Vol. 11, No. 7, pp. 289-296, 2013.
- Y. S. Song, E. K. Ahn, H. S. Sim, "Time management behavior, Job satisfaction and organizational commitment in nurses", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 345-351, 2014.
- K. Y. Choi, "Relationship among burnout and organizational commitment of certificated registed nurse anesthetist, Master's thesis, Pusan Catholic University, 2011.
- Y. J. Kim, " The Influence of a General Hospital Nurse's Emotional Labor, Emotional Intelligence on Job Stress", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 245-253, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.245
- B. M. Bang, S. Y. Lee, J. O. Cheong, "Empirical study on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses.", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 205-213, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.205
- Influences of Burnout, Emotional labor, and Positive Psychological Capital on Job Satisfaction of Nurses vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.2.201