- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Healing Yoga Training for Old Women on Physical Ability and Stress Levels
노인여성들의 힐링요가 수련을 통한 신체능력 및 스트레스 수치 변화
- Received : 2016.01.12
- Accepted : 2016.05.09
- Published : 2016.06.30
Healing Yoga is old women know the change of stress and physical ability. The purpose of the study, to live a healthy life articles. Research for A living in the city. And B goes to the welfare center. The elderly women over the age of 65 and have no problem with physical activity in daily life. 8 experimental group control group 8 to 12-week healing yoga. Body composition and physical ability in the experimental group had changed. The change of stress levels, there was no statistical change in the sub factors. The average value by deep social role in the exam group many growth and self-reliance. Depressed, sleep disorders, general health and vitality in the control group showed a reduction greater than the factors.
Old Woman;Healing;Yoga training;Physical ability;Stress Levels
- M. J. Yu, "An Effect by Participating yoga for Elderly Woman on Confidence and Life Satisfaction", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Education, Konkuk University, Seoul, 2013.
- Y. J. Ko, J. G. Seo, “The Effect of Aged Sports Participants' Satisfaction of Program Participation on Self-esteem and Life Satisfaction,” Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 641-651, 2009.
- H. J. Yoon, "The Effects of Aerobic and Flexibility Exercise Program on Health-Related Fitness, Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors and Inflammatory Markers in Elderly Populations", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Gyeongsang National University, Gyeongsangnam-do, 2012.
- S. M. Yang, "The Effects of Yoga Asana on Women's Physical Strength and Body Composition", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Oriental Studies, Wonkwang University, Jeollabuk-do. 2005.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "Ministry of Health and Welfare: MW", Sejong Special Self-Governing City: Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2011.
- Statistics Korea, "2013 The Aged Statistics", Daejeon: Statistics, 2013.
- H. J. Pai, H. R. Ahn, H. S. Kim, "The Effect of the Aqua Exercise Program on the Pain and Subjective Well-being of the Rural Elderly Women with Osteoarthritis," The Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 2, 139-148, 2005.
- S. C. Lee, S. J. Yun, S. H. Park, H. J. Kim, H. R. Jung, "Effect of Hata-yoga performance on the Health Status in the Middle Age Women. Korean Journal of Aesthetic Society, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 35-45. 2011.
- H. J. Shin, "The Effects of Yoga Exercise Types on Health Related Physical Fitness and Psychological Stress", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School, Seoul National University. Seoul. 2006.
- K. Y. Yoo, "The Development of Zen Dance Meditation Program for Senil Health", Unpublished master's thesis, The Graduate School of Buddhist Culture, Dongguk University. Seoul. 2009.
- H. N. Kim, "The Definition and Meanings of Slow Exercise," Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies, Vol. 29, pp. 23-34. 2005.
- J. Y. Choi, K. H. Suh, "The Effects of Yoga Practice on Stress Responses," The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 455-473. 2005.
- J. S. Park, "The Effect of Yoga on stress related hormone and pulmonary function", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School, Yeungnam University. Gyeongsangbuk-do. 2007.
- C. W. Lee, "A Study of the Influence of Yoga Practice on the Stress Control", Unpublished master's thesis, The Graduate School of Oriental Study, Wonkwang University. Jeollabuk-do. 2005.
- I. S. Wang, "Effects of Yoga Postures, Yoga Breathing, and Yoga Relaxation Program on physical symptoms og stress, fatigue, stress response and self-esteem for Irregular Women Workers," The Korean Journal of Health Psychology. Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 67-90. 2010. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2010.15.1.005
- H. S. Kim, "The relationship between self-efficacy and school life adjustment of high school students," The Korea Journal of Sports Science. Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 213-226. 2006.
- G. S. Jun, "Effects of the Hatha Yoga Program on Physical Training, Body Composition and Blood Lipidin Middle-aged Women in 8 Weeks", Unpublished master's thesis, Sports Industry Graduate School of KookMin University, Seoul. 2005.
- H. N. Lim, R. H. Lim, "The Effect of the Body Composition by Yoga Program for Elderly Women," Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 57-66. 2008.
- A. R. Kristal., A. J. Littman., D. Benitez., E. White, "Yoga practice is associated with attenuated weight gain in healthy, middle-aged men and women," Alternative Therapies In Health And Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 28-22. 2005.
- K. S. Kim, H. L. Seo, S. J. Kim, H. M. Lee, H. S. Jo, B. H. Jhun, Y. H. Baek, "Effects of Dance Sports on Body Composition, Serum Lipids and Leptin in the Middle-Aged Women," Journal Society of Life Science, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 8-13. 2004. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.1.008
- H. J. Kim, "The Effect of Yoga Training to Serum Lipid and Physical Component of Middle Aged Women. Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Sports Science, Yeungnam University. Gyeongsangbuk-do. 2009.
- J. Y. Back, "The Effect of Yoga on Resting Metabolic Rate, Body Composition, and Fitness", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Sports Science, Dankook University. Seoul. 2007.
- H. M. Kim, "The Effect of Yoga on Cardio-Pulmonary Function, Musculoskeletal Function and perception of health status of some Students in College," The Korean Journal of East West Science. Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 15-30. 2005.
- D. Hee. Kim, H. S. Park, J. S. Baek, H. Y. Lee, H. W. Kim, S. H. Shin, S. W. Jang, "Effect of Yoga Exercise on the Activity of Antioxidation Enzyme and Lipid Peroxidation of Middle-aged Women for 16 Weeks. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies," Vol. 31, pp. 873-882. 2007.
- Y. H. Kim, H. S. Park, "The Effect of Yoga on Health in the Elderly," Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing. Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 196-207. 2001.
- ACSM, "Position statement on the recommended quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining fitness in healthy adults," Medicine and Science and Sports Exercise, Vol. 10, pp. 7-10. 1998.
- J. G. Kim, S. J. Lee, "It analyzes the effect of stretching exercises for the neck and shoulder pain from work-related musculo skeletal disorders," The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 655-662
- J. H. Lee, Therapy Yoga. Seoul: Haneon. 2004.
- Y. S. Kim, Y. S. Kwak, B. S. Cho, “Effect of a Yoga-based Exercise Program on Psychological, Physiological Factors and Physical Fitness in Elderly,” Journal of Life Science, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 584-588, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2006.16.4.584
- The Korean Geriatrics Society, "Geriatric Medicine", Seoul: Panmun Education, 2005.
- Korea National Statistical office, "2008 The Aged Statistics", Daejeon: Korea National statistical, 2008.
- Nathaniels, "Yoga for all", Nursing Times, Jan, 1984.
- Y. J. Nam, "Effects of 12 Weeks' Regular Exercise Program on Physical Fitness, Lipid Profile, and Liver Function in Obese Elderly Women", Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Women University, Seuol. 2008.
- S. Y. Park, "The Effects of Exercise Types on Physical Fitness, Balance and Changes in Brainderived neurotrophic factor, Insulin-like growth factor-1 and Cortisol in Elderly Women", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Chosun University. Gwang-ju, 2012.
- Gauchard, G. C., Gangloff. P., Jeandel. C., & Perrin. P. P., "Physical activity improves gaze and posture control in the elderly. Neuroscience Research, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 409-417, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-0102(03)00008-7
- Yokoya, T., Demura, S., & Sato, S., "Fall risk characteristics of the elderly in an exercise class," Journal of Physiological Anthropology, Vol. 27, No. 1, 25-32, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2114/jpa2.27.25
- Y. S. Han, S. J. Lee, “Effects of Combined Exercise Program for 8 Weeks on Physical Fitness in Elderly Farmers,” The Korean Journal of Growth and Development, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 313-318, 2008.
- H. G. Heo, "A Study on Development and Effectiveness of Meditation program for elderly stress reduction", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Graduate School Yeungnam University, Gyeongsangbuk-do. 2009.
- S. M. Kim, "The Influence of Hatha Yoga Training on a Middle-aged Woman's Psychological Stress", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Social Education, Myongji University, 2014.
- A. D. Kim, H. G. Kim, "A Study on the Effects of Yoga and Dance Meditation Program to Improve the Middle-Aged Women's Various Stress," Journal of Arts Psychotherapy, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 141-166
Supported by : 영남대학교