- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Fusion Art Make-Up Using Depaysement Surrealism -Focusing on Creating Artworks-
초현실주의 데페이즈망 기법을 활용한 융합아트메이크업 연구 -작품제작을 중심으로-
- Park, Li-La (Dept. of Beauty Art, Myongji College)
- 박리라 (명지전문대학 뷰티아트과)
- Received : 2016.03.29
- Accepted : 2016.05.18
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study is to examine the theoretical background of art make-up and surrealism in depth and shed new light on creative thoughts coming through application of Depaysement and various kinds of expression realized through art make-up, where art and make-up are incorporated. The study method is to conduct prior research followed by a theoretical study of the concept and techniques of Surrealistic Depaysement and theoretical background of art make-up through specialized books and internet sources and then to create 4 artworks representing characteristics of Depaysement technique categorized in dual image, fusion of heterogeneous objects, modification and conversion, and change of space. This examination resulted in first, a foundational ground for fusion and use of art and make-up sectors by creating a realm of expression based on creativity through incorporation of art and makeup and second, a sense of freshness and unfamiliar-ness by creation of an image in a completely unfamiliar space. Therefore, the researcher sets a direction for ways to come up with new ideas and expand the realm of expression and hopes that the art-makeup does not just become an aesthetic tool but turn itself as an art genre.
- Seung-eun Lee.Hee-ja Choi, "Art make-up Study Work Production on Surrealist Depaysement," Bulletin of Korean society of basic design & art. Vol. 12 No. 3, pp. 385-395, 2011.
- Young-joo Joo.Sung-nam Kim, "Surrealistic Make-up Represented in Modern Fashion," Journal of Fashion Business. Vol. 18 No. 2, pp. 42-53, 2014.
- Eun-Young Park, Dong-Gi Kwag, "The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. v.6, no.5, pp. 99-106, 2015.
- Naver Knowledge encyclopedia-(World Art Dictionary, (Note) Monthly Art), 1999.
- Youlhwadang editorial department, "Contemporary Art Glossary," Seoul: Youlhwadang, 1979.
- Yoon-hee Park, "Art Wear Development based on Depaysement Technique," master's thesis, Dongduk womens University, 2012.
- Matthew Gale, Moved ohjinyoung, "Dada and Surrealism," Seoul: Hangil Art, 2001.
- Hyun-sook Shin, "Le surrealisme," Seoul: Dong-A, 1992.
- Young-ju Ham, "A Study on the Handbag Design Adapting Depaysement," master's thesis, Hongik University, 2014.
- Chan-woo Bae, "A Study on beauty illustration of surrealistic trend : for the purpose of production for art makeup works," master's thesis, Konkuk University, 2013.
- Sung-ju Kang, "A Study on the Surrealistic Expression(Depaysement) in Fashion Illustration: Focused on digitally-printing matter," master's thesis, Ewha womens University, 2006.
- Yeon-A Kim, "A Study on Depaysement by Rafal Olbinski applied Make-up work production," master's thesis, Sungshin womens University, 2012.
- Ji-youn Chun.Sun-Ok Noh.Kwuy-young Lee. Yeong-kyu Kim.Young-yae Lee, "FACES IN MAKE UP, Seoul: Chung-Ku, 2003.
- Dae-young Gang, "Korea makeup art," Seoul: Giindang. 1999.
- Gong-woong Kim, "Airbrush Illustrations," Seoul: Johyeongsa, 1991.
- Woo-chan Park, "Western artists have in Western art," Seoul: Jaewon, 1998.