- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Design and Development of Healing Depression Convergence Content using Movement of Thought, HMD, Leap Motion, Color and Music Therapy
생각 이동, HMD, 립 모션, 색채 치료, 음악 치료를 이용한 우울증 치유 융합 콘텐츠 설계 및 개발
- Kim, Ji-Soo (Korea Culture Technology Institute, Gwang-Ju Institute Science Technology)
- 김지수 (광주과학기술원, 한국문화기술연구소)
- Received : 2016.04.06
- Accepted : 2016.05.18
- Published : 2016.06.30
The development of advanced technology gives us many problems. In mentally view point, the major one is depression. Depression appears in various forms. In worst case, it leads into suicide. This study designs and develops a new type of healing content which the convergence in the virtual space, Movement of Thought, Head Mounted Display, Leap Motion, Color Therapy, Music Therapy methods in order to improve the symptoms of depression. The developed convergence content will be effective in healing methods instead of the existing medication relieve depression and improve self-esteem of patients with depression. Future research will try to apply the clinical development of a prototype content.
Depression;HMD;Virtual Reality;Leap Motion;Movement of Thought;Color Therapy;Music Therapy;Convergence Content
Supported by : 문화체육관광부
- T. N. Hanh, "Planting Seeds : Practicing Mindfulness with Children," Panmidong Book, May, 2013.
- J. H. Park, J. S. Kim, "The Development of Digitized Seokgulam Process and HMD Content," Journal of Korea Culture & Contents Technology Association, Vol. 10, No. 1. June, 2015.
- S. H. Kim, "Study on Light Environment of Art Therapy Space," University of Chosun, Ph.D dissertation, 2013.
- J. S. Park, H. K. Cho, Y. T. Kim, "Impact of Music Terapy Program on the Self-Esteem and Depression of Middle-Aged Women," The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 1, April, 2012.
- Walker, Morton, "Power of Color," 1996.
- R. Gerare, "Differential effects of colored lights on psychophysiological functions," University of California, Los Angeles, Ph.D dissertation, 1958.
- M. R. Ali, "Pattern of EEG recovery under photic stimulation by light of different colors," Electroencephalography Clinial Neurophysilogy. Vol. 33, 1972.
- W. S. Jung, "A Study on Human Response to Color Light Stimulation," University of Chonbuk, MS dissertation, 2002.
- D. Y. Yi, "The Effect of Red Light and Blue Light on human Blood Pressure and Pulse," University of Daegu, MS dissertation, 2003.
- S. M. Chae, "Color Marketing," International Book. 2002.
- M. H. Na, "The Effects of Therapeutic Music Activities on the Depression Scale and the Self-Esteem Scale of the Elderly," University of Sookmyung, MS dissertation, 1999.
- K. R. Hong, "The effect of Orff Music Therapy on Depression and Interpersonal Relations of Older Persons in Nursing Home," University of Wonkwang, MS dissertation, 2004.
- J. Y. Chang, "The Effect of Song Psychotherapy on Depression for Elderly Stroke Patients," University of Ewha, MS dissertation, 2005.
- S. J. Kim, "The effect of music activity leading participation in society upon the life satisfaction and the depression of the stroke patient.," University of Sookmyung, MS dissertation, 2002.
- I. R. Song, "Case study of Music & Imagery for Adults with Depression," Journal of music and human behavior, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2008.
- Andew, Wilson-Dickson, "The story of Christian Music," Oxford: Lion Publishing. 1992.
- H, M. Hussey, D. & Heng, M, "Music therapy with severely emotionally disturbed children in a residential treatment setting," Music Therapy Perspectives, Vol. 16, No. 2, 1991.
- Palmer, M. "Music therapy in gerontology: A review and projection," Music Therapy Perspectives, Vol. 6, 1989.
- C. A. Prickett, "Effectiveness of music therapy," Documentation of research and clinical practice (2end), 1996.