- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Convergence Study of Interpersonal Caring Behaviors on Anger, Job Stress and Social Support in Nurses
간호사의 분노, 직무스트레스, 사회적 지지에 대한 대인돌봄행위의 융합적 연구
- Han, Jin-Ah (Dept. of Nursing, DANKOOK University) ;
- Kim, Mi-Jin (Dept. of Nursing, KYUNGDONG University)
- Received : 2016.04.21
- Accepted : 2016.05.18
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study comprised descriptive research into nurses' anger, job stress and social support, and the impact thereof on interpersonal caring behaviors. This study focused on the anger and interpersonal caring behaviors of nurses. From December
Anger Rumination;Anger Expression;Job stress;Social support;Interpersonal caring behaviors;convergence
- P. Benner, M. Sutphen, V. Leonard, L. Day, Educating Nurses-A Call for Radical Transformation, Seoul: Hyunmoon, 2012.
- B. S. Lee, “Concept Analysis of Caring,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 337-344, 1996.
- Yeter D. O., Huya O., Ayhan A. L., “Implementation of Watson's Theory of Human Caring: A Case Study,” International Journal of Caring Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 25-3, 2015..
- S. H. Hong, "A Phenomenological Study of the Caring in Nursing Science,"Research in Philosophy and Phenomenology, Vol. 50, pp. 213-241, 2011.
- Thomas, S. P., Transforming nurses' stress and anger: Steps toward healing (3rd ed). NY: Springer, 2009.
- J. I. Lee, “Anger, Anxiety, Depression in the Workplace-Differences of Evoking Causes and Coping Methods among Emotions, Relationships of Emotion Regulation and Psychological Well-being, Job Effectiveness,” Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 19-58, 2003.
- Pierce, Linda L. Pierce, Scott W. Gies, Cheryl E.. "Choices: Anger and Anger Management in Rehabilitative Care," Rehabilitation Nursing, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 80-7, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/rnj.71 https://doi.org/10.1002/rnj.71
- Caraballo, R. S., Rye, M. S., Pan, W., Kirscman, K. B., Lutz-Zois, C., Lyons, A. M., "Negative Affect and Anger Ruminationas Mediators between Forgiveness and Sleep Quality," Journal of behavior and Medicine, Vol. 31, pp. 471-488, 2008.
- Eliss, A., Tafrate, R. C., How to Control Your Anger before It Controls You. NY: Citadel Press, 1997.
- M. J. Kim, H. Y. Kim, “The Impact of Social Support and Self-esteem on Nurses' Empower ment,” J Korean AcadNurs Adm, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 558-566, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.5.558
- Sukhodolsky, D.G., Golub, A., and Cromwell, E. N., “Development and Validation of the Anger Rumination scale,” Personality and Individual Difference, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 689-700, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(00)00171-9
- G. B. Lee, H. C. Cho, “Validation Study of the Korean Version of the Anger Rumination Scale,” Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 1-22, 2008.
- Conger J. C., Conger A. J., Edmondson C., TescherB., & Smolin J.. "The Relationship of Anger and Social Skills to Psychological Symptoms," Assesment, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 248-258, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1073191103255004
- M.A. Kim,. "The Eeffects of Belief about Anger and Anger Expression on Psychopathology," Master dissertation, Catholic University, 2012.
- D. M. Kang, S. B. Ko, S. A. Kim, S. Y. Kim, Y. J. Kim, J. S. Park, J. D. Sung, J. M. Woo, S. J. Chang, J. J. Jung, H. S. Jung, S. I. Cho, J. J. Cho, J. H. Chae, B. G. Choi, S. C. Choi, M. N. Ha, Work-related Stress, Seoul: KoreaMecical, 2005.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. M. Kang, S. A. Kim, M.G. Kang, C. G. Lee, J. J. CHung, J. J. Cho, M.. Son, C, H. Chae, J. W. Kim, J. I. Kim, H. S. Kim, S. C. oh, J. B. Park, J. M. Woo, S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Kim, M. Ha, J. S. Park, K. Y. Rhee, H. R. Kim, J. O. Kong, I. A. Kim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Park, S. J. Huyun, D. K. Son, “Developing an Occupational Stress Scale for Korean Employe,” Korean J Occup Environ Med, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317, 2005.
- Cohen, S., “Social Relationships and Health,” American Psychologist, Vol. 59, No. 8, pp. 676-684, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.59.8.676
- Cohen, S., Mermelstein, R., Kamarck, T., Hoberman, H. M.. "Measuring the Functional Components of Social Support. In I. G. Sarason & B. R. Sarason (Eds.), Social Support: Theory, Research, and Applications," The Hague: Martinus Nijhof,. pp. 73-94, 1985. doi:10.1007/978-94-009-5115-0_5
- Erin L. M., Scott C. R.,Vanessa L. M., Frank J. P., Maria M. L., Orit B. W., Elena L. N., Krista M. P., Franklyn G., Liliana A. P., Timothy P. J., Linda C. G., “Validation of Interpersonal Support Evaluation List-12(ISEL-12) Scores Among English-and Spanish-Speaking Hispanics/Latinos From the HCHS/SOL Sociocultural Ancillary Study,” American Psychological Assessment, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 384-394, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0035248
- J. H. Kim. "Relations of Perceived Stress, Cognitive Set, and Coping Behaviors to Depress ion," Ph. D. dissertation, Seoul University, 1987.
- S. W. Lee, J. H. Kim, B. S. Lee, E. H. Lee, M. S. Jung, Nursing Theory, Paju: Soomoonsa, 2009.
- Susie Kim, "International Conference on Interpersonal Relationships in Community-based Mental Health Nursing: Effect of community-based psychiatric and mental health nursing in Korea," Nursing Science, pp. 62-78, 1997.
- S. H. Yoon, Study on Clinical Nurse's Performa nce and Satisfaction of Using Communication Skills by Interpersonal Caring Technique, Master dissertation, Ewha Women University, 2005.
- Y. S. Son. "Interpersonal Caring Behavior and Job Satisfaction According to the Enneagram Personality Types of Nurses in Medium Sized Hospitals," Master dissertation, Dankook University, 2012.
- J. W. Baek. "Factors Influencing on Interpers onal Caring Behavior of Nursing Students," Master dissertation, Dankook University, 2013.
- Alvisa P., Marco T., Riitta S., Georgios E., Haritini T., Anastasios M., Darja J., Helena L., Elisabeth P., Chrysoula K., Zoltan B., Evridiki P.. "Surgical Patient Satisfaction as an Outcome of Nurses' Caring Behaviors: A Descriptive and Correlational Study in Six European Conturies," Journal of Nursing Scholarship, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 341-350, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2011.01413.x
- C. G. Kim, "Influencing Factors and Importance of Nurses' Caring Behaviors for Chronically Sick Elderly," J Korean Acad Adult Nurs. Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 303-311, 2010.
- Y. I. Kim, B. S. Lee, "Importance of Nurses's Caring Behaviors as Perceived by Staff Nurses and Patients," J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs, Vol 6, No. 1, pp. 18-34, 1999.
- C. G. Kim, “Importance of and Influencing Factors on Nurses' Caring Behaviors for Elders with Dementia,” J Korean Acad Adult Nurs, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 160-169, 2011.
- S. J. Oh, S. H. Shin, G. Y. Go, Bhandari Pratibha1a, "The Effect of Job Stress on Health Promoting Behaviors among Nurses: Mediating Selection, Optimization and Compensation Strategy," Korean Adult Nurs. Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 148-158, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014.26.2.149 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014.26.2.149
- S. J. Han, “The Effect of the Job Rotation and Occupational Stress on Job Satisfaction among Hospital Nurses,” Nursing Science, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- J. H. Kim, E. O. Park, The Effect of Job-stress and Self-efficacy on Depression of Clinical Nurses. Korean J Occup Health Nurs. Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 134-144, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.2.134 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.2.134
- N. H. Lee, “A Study on the Relationship among Self-Efficacy of Psychiatric Nurses, Job Stress and Burnout,” Nursing Science, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 47-58, 2001.
- K. O. Park, J. K. Kim, S. Y. Kim, S. J. Chang, "A Model on Turnover Intention of Chief Nurse Officers," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 9-18, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.1.9 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.1.9
- Lee, S. J., Kang, M. K., Kwon, S. H., Song, K. H., Lee, J. H., Choi, J. R., Hyun, E. S., & Park K. S.. "A Study on Job Stress between Experien ced Versus New Nurse," J Chung-Ang Nurs. Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 89-99, 2002.
- W. H. Lee, J. E. Song, J. H. Kim, H. J. Kim, J. M. Lee, U. Y. Kim, “The Relationships among Trait Anger, Anger Expression, Jab Satisfaction, Job Commitment, and Organizational Performance in Clinical Nurse,” J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 539-549, 2009.
- W. H. Lee, D. H. Kang, J. H. Park, S. H. Kim, S. G. Min, J. H. Nho, “Association of Anger Expression Patterns and Health Status in Health Care Workers,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 821-828, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.5.821
- H. S. Park, Y. J. Bae, S. Y. Jung, "A Study on Anger expression and Burnout of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses," J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs,Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 235-244, 2003.
- J. A. Oh, "The Effects of Nurse's Anger-Expression Mode and Emotional Labor on Psych ological Well-being and service Lebel," Master dissertation, Kwangwoon University, 2013.
- So Young, "The Moderation Effect of Thought Control Ability on Anger Rumination and Anger," Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Vol 15, No. 1, pp. 95-111, 2015.
- H. J. Kwon, A Study on the Relationship among Distress Tolerance, Anger Rumination and Dysfunctional Anger, Master dissertation, Seoul Women University, 2014.
- J. M. Shin, S. H. Cho, “The Effects of Emotional Clarity on Anger Expression Attitude: The Mediating Effects of Anger Rumination,” Journal of Human Understanding and Counseling, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 129-148, 2014.
- D. H. Kim, H. K. Lee, J. W. Kim, K. S. Lee, "Reliability and Validity of the Korean Version of Interpersonal Support Evaluation List-12 (ISEL-12)," J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 416-421, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.4306/jknpa.2012.51.6.416 https://doi.org/10.4306/jknpa.2012.51.6.416
- J. H. Kim, Y. M. Lee, H. Y. Jung, H. S. Choo, S. J. Won, S. Y. Kwon, H. J. Bae, H. K. An, E. M. Kim, H. J. Jang, “Effects of Emotional Labor, Emotional Intelligence and Social Support on Job Stress in Clinical Nurses,” J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 157-167, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.2.157
- Y. S. Kang, K. Y. Cho, “Relationship between Autonomy and Job Satisfaction of the Hospital Nurses,” The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 45-56, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.2.045
- H. J. Park, H. S. Kang, K. H. Kim, H. J. Kwon, "Exposure to Workplace Violence and Coping in Intensive Care Unit Nurses," Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing., Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 291-301, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.291
- Moderating Effects of Internal Marketing on the Relationship between Job Stress and Turnover Intention among Dental Hygienists vol.7, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.079
- Effect of Music Listening on Convergent Job Stress of Fire-Fighter vol.7, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.099
- Relationship between Career Plateau, Career Planning, Social Support, and Turnover Intention in Nurses vol.24, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.1.97