- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and Development of the TPS action games Integrated with RPG
RPG를 융합한 TPS 액션 게임 설계 및 구현
- Kim, Hyun-Jun (Department of Game Engineering, PaiChai University) ;
- Park, Dong-Won (Department of Game Engineering, PaiChai University)
- Received : 2016.03.24
- Accepted : 2016.06.01
- Published : 2016.06.30
This paper analyses the main aspects the aspects of the Third-person shooting game and then investigates the released TPS games which are integrated with Role-playing game types of genres. Then we propose the technical points in designing and developing of the integrated action games to increase the immersion in playing the games. Also we propose the artifice in order to cut down the cost and enhance the portability to the mobile platform.
Third-person shooting game;Game Design;Action;Bot;Contents;Mobile
Supported by : Pai Chai University
- Christopher Dristig Stenstrom, "Gameplay Design for Role-Playing Battle Systems," Master of Science Thesis, Chalmers University of Technology, 2012.
- Clara Fernandez Vara, "The Tribulations of Adventure Games: Integrating Story into Simulation Through Performance," Ph.D. dissertation, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009.
- Heo Tae-In, Jeong Hyung-won, Kim Tae-Gyu, “Proposal of popular Profitable Model of Kakaogame,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 455-461, 2015.
- Andre Widjaja, Stefanus Arvin, "Study of Genre: Battle Gameplay in Action and RPG Game," Thesis A Report, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011.
- Mi-Ra Seo, Ae-Kyung Kim, “Fashion Styles and Characteristics of Game Characters,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 343-349, 2015.
- Bradford Allen Towle Jr, "Combining Role Playing Game Constructs Toward Real Time Strategy Games," Master's Thesis, University of Nevada, 2007.
- Juha-Matti Pulkkinen, "Design Values of Digital Role-Playing Games," Master's Thesis, University of Tampere, 2014.
- Philip Boonyew Tan, "Tensions in Live-Action Roleplaying Game Design," Master's Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011.
- Jin-Su Joo, Seung-Hwan Oh, “The Study on Positioning of Giant Characters of Sci-Fi Movies & Games in Media Convergence Ages,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 349-357, 2015.
- Kieran G. Blasingim, "Hero Myths in Japanese Role-Playing Games," Master's Thesis, Bowling Green State University, 2006.
- Jennifer Ann Grouling, "Tabletop Role-Playing Games: Perspectives from Narrative, Game, and Rhetorical Theory," Master's Thesis, North Carolina State University, 2005.
- Il-Kyoung Kwon, Sang-Yong Lee, “Evaluation of AHP-Based Mobile MMORPG Game Interface Usability,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 255-261, 2015.
- Jens Berglind, "Choices and characters in roleplaying games," Degree Project, Uppsala University, 2014.
- Csenge V.Zalka, "Adventure in the Classroom Creating Role-Playing Games Based on Traditional Stories for the High School Curriculum," Master's Thesis, East Tennessee State University, 2012.
- Riordan Frost, "The Ethics of Role-Playing Video Games," Connecticut College Philosophy Honors Thesis, Connecticut College, 2010.
- Jong-Nam Sohn, Tae-Woo Han, “Texture mapping of 3D game graphics-characteristics of hand painted texture,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 331-336, 2015.
- William Saar, "Quest System for Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games," Master's Degree Project, Royal Institute of Technology, 2004.
- Myoun-Jae Lee, “A Study on Game Production Education through Recent Trend Analysis of 3D Game Engine,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 15-20, 2013.
- Hana Marni Mohamad, "Adventurous Game for Education: Role-Playing Game Based," Multimedia Undergraduate Research Project, University of Malaya, 2009.
- Martin Kratochvil, "The Educational Contribution of RPG Video Games: Modern Media in Modern Education," Charles University, 2014.
- Bo Sebastian Wunderlich Jensen, "The Formats' Significance for the Experience of Role Playing Games," Master's Thesis, Aalborg University, 2014.
- Xuanxin-Li, Seuc-ho Ryu, Byung-pyo Kyung, Dong-yeol Lee, Wan-bok Lee, “Proposal a case study for an interactive game content of a genre convergence with Racing and Shooting,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 51-56, 2011.