- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Nutritional Aspect of Tofu
두부가 인체에 미치는 영양학적 고찰
- Jung, Moon-Kyung (Health and Medical Foundation of Oriental Medicine for Healing) ;
- Kim, Sung-Hwan (Health, Sports and Medical Science Foundation)
- Received : 2016.05.28
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study was to nutritional aspect of tofu. Tofu is a widely-enjoyed food made from soybeans, and it is a great example of how a simple food like soybeans can be woven into human food traditions in a way that is natural, inexpensive, and nourishing. One of the most important things to remember about tofu is its basic whole food nature. Tofu is produced with significantly less processing than most low-fat soymilks, it is a soy food that is much closer to a "whole foods" category than soy protein isolates and concentrates. From a health benefits standpoint, there are also benefits to tofu that has been fermented. Replacing meat and dairy with tofu and other soy products would also lower our total cholesterol intake by about 125 mg per day and our saturated fat by about 2.4 g per day. These nutritional changes, in turn, would lower our risk of several chronic diseases, including cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
tofu;soy;soybean;Health benefits;Chronic disease
- E. H. Ko. A survery of food purchase behavior of housewives following health striving dietary living. Sookmyung Women's University. 2005
- S. W. Lee. A study on old Korea food-related lifestyle in east asia, Hyungmunsa, 1992.
- J. H. Jang. Korean traditional soy bean food cooking .processing history, Soohaksa Publishing, 1993.
- S. T. Oh, and Y. B. Cho. A study succeed to tobu cuisine and development. Culinary Society of Korea, p47. 2005.
- J. H. Jung. Quality Characteristics of Soybean Curd Prepared with Loquat Leaf Powder, Mokpo National University. 2010.
- K. J. Ryu. Effect of Natural Coagulant on the Quality of Dubu, Pusan National University. 2012
- M. H. Kim, M. K. Shin, G. I. Hong, K. S. Kim, and K. A. Lee. Qualty Assessment of Soybean Curd Supplement With Saltwort(Salicomia herbacea L.). Korean J Food Cookery Sci, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp 406-412. 2010
- J. S. Kim, & S. Y. Choi. Quality Characteristics of Soybean Curd with Omija Extract. Korean J Food & Nutr, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp43-50. 2008. 2010
- S. S.. Kim, M. K. Pard, N. S. Oh, D. C. Kim, M. S. Han, AND M. J. In. Studies on quality characteristics and shelf-life of chlorella soybean curd(Tofu). J Kor Sci Agric Chem Biotechnol. No. 46, pp12-15. 2003.
- M. Kim. Quality Characteristics of Soybean Curd prepared with Ligularia fischeri Powder. Mokpo National University. 2011.
- k. H. Kim. About nutrition of tofu. Korean Soybean Digest No. 2, pp36-44. 1985.
- T. H, Son. Food processing, Hyungseul publishing. pp. 319-326. 2002.
- B. Y. Lee, D. M. Kim, and K. H. Kim. Studies on the Processing Aptitude of the Korean Soybean Cultivars for Soybean Curd. Korean Society of Food Science and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp363-368, 1990.
- C. F. Shen, L. Deman, R. I. and Buzzell, J. M. Deman. Yield and quality of tofu as affected by soybean and soymilk characteristics: Gluconodeltalacton coagulant, Journal of Food Science, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp109, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1991.tb07987.x
- N. Sun, and W. M. Breene. Calcium sulphate concentration influence on yield and quality of tofu from five soybean varieties, Journal of Food Science, No. 56, pp1604-1607, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1991.tb08651.x
- H. L. Wang, E. W. Swain, and W. F. Kwolek. Effect of soybean varieties on the yield and quality of tofu, Cereal chemistry, Vol. 60, No. 3, pp 245-259, 1983.
- K. Saio. Tofu-relationships between texture and find structure, Cereal Foods World, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp 342-3541, 1979.
- C. G. Beddows, and J. Wong,. Optimization of yield and properties of silken tofu from soybeans. II. Heat processing. International Journal of Food Science Technology, No. 22, pp23-27, 1987.
- B. T. Lim,. J. M. de Man, L. de Man, and R. I. Buzzell. Yield and quality of tofu as affected by soybean and soymilk characteristics. Calcium sulphate coagulant, Journal of Food Science, No. 55, pp 1088-1092, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1990.tb01605.x
- H. J. Hou, and K. C. Chang. Inter conversions of isoflavones in soybeans as affected by storage, Vol. 67, No. 6, pp 2083-2089, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2002.tb09505.x
- T. D. Cai, and K. C. Chang, Characteristics of production-scale tofu as affected by soymilk coagulation method: Propeller blade size, mixing time and coagulant concentration, Food Research International, No. 31, pp 289-295, 1998.
- M. C. Shih, H. J. Hou, and K. C. Chang. Process optimization for soft tofu, Journal of Food Science, No. 62, pp 833-837, 1997 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1997.tb15466.x
- H. J. Kim, B. Y. Kim and M. H. Kim. Rheological Studies of the Tofu upon the Processing Conditions, Korean Society of Food Science and Technology, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp 324-328, 1995.
- A. P. Gandhi, and M. C. Bourne. Effect of pressure and storage time on texture profile parameters of soybean curd(tofu), Journal of Texture Study, 19, 137-142, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4603.1988.tb00930.x
- T. I. Hwang, S. K. Kim, Y. S. Park, and K. E. Byoun. Studies on the storage of functional red soybean curd. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. No. 30, pp1115-1119, 2001.
- S. S. Kim, M.. K. Park, N. S. Oh, D. C. Kim, M. S. Han, and M. J. In. Studies on quality characteristics and shelf-life on chlorella soybean curd (Tofu). J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol No. 46, pp 12-15, 2003.
- J. G. Im, I. K. Park, and S. D. Kim. Quality characteristics of tofu with basil water extracts. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci, No. 20, pp144-150, 2004.
- J. Y. Jung, and E. J. Cho, The effect of green tea powder levels on storage characteristics of tofu. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci, No. 18, pp 129-135, 2002.
- M. K. Jeon and M. R. Kim. Studies on storage characteristics of tofu with herb. Korean J Food Cookery Sci, No. 22, pp 307-313, 2006.
- S. H. Kim, Quality characteristics of tofu made with anchovy powder, Kyung Hee University. 2009
- B. J. Han. The Comparative Study of Curinary of Tofu of the World, Journal of The East Asian of Dietary Life, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp 536-553, 1998.
- T. W. Kwon, S. D. Kim. W. J. Kim. Bean, Korea university, 2005.
- Rural Development Administration, Food composition table, 2007.
- Z. I. Shin, R. Yu, S. A. Park, D. K. Chung, C. W. Ahn, H. S. Nam, K. S. Kim, and H. J. Lee. His-his-leu, an angiotensin I converting enzyme Inhibitory Peptide Derived from Korean Soybean Paste, Exerts Antihypertensive Activity in Vivo, Journal of Agriculutural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp3004-3009, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf001135r
- M. R. Bennink. Dietary soy reduces colon carcinogenesis in human and rats, Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, No. 492, pp 11-18, 2001.
- H. J. McClung, L. Boyne, and L. Heitling. Constipation and Dietary fiber intake in children, AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, Vol. 96, pp 999, 1995.
- H. M. Choi, 21C nutrition, Kyomunsa. 2000
- D. S. Lee, and S. Y. B. Effects of the Dietary Mixture of Isoflavone on Osteoporosis, Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp 420-425, 2001.
- S. J. Cho. Studies on the ROS(Reactive Oxygen Species)-Scavenging Activities of DDMP saponins Isolated from Glycine max (L.) Merrill, The Journal of Applied Pharmacology, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp32-37, 2000.
- T. W. Kwon, Beans health travel, Sungha publishing, 1995.
- S. B. Han. Management system of Tofu in Korea. Food Industry and Nutrition, No. 10, pp 1-5, 2005.
- A. M. Altschul, in New Protein Foods. New York: Academic Press, p9. 1974.
- S. J. Lee, E. S. Chung, and G. S. Park. Quality characteristics of tofu coagulated by apricot juice, Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp825-831, 2006.
- Y. M. Park, H. S. Cho, and B. H. Park, Quality Characteristics of Tofu Prepared with Boehmeria nivea Powder, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp465-471, 2014.
- B. H. Park, H. S. Cho, E. R. Jeon, and S. D. Kim. Quality characteristics of Jook prepared with lotus leaf powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp55-61, 2009.
- B. M. Jung, T. S. Shin, D. W. Kim and K. W. Chong. Originals : Physicochemical Quality Characteristics of Tofu Prepared with Mesangi(Capsosiphon Fulvescens) Powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci. Vol. 24, No. 5, pp691-698. 2008.
- Y. H. Min, J. Y. Kim, L. Y. Park, S. H. Lee, and G. S. Park. Physicochemical quality characteristics of tofu prepared with turmeric (Curcuma aromatica Salab.). Korean J Food Cookery Sc i, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp 502-551, 2007.
- J. Y. Kim, H. S. Park, N. Y. Park, S. H. Lee, and G. S. Park. Quality characteristics of tofu stake with turmeri c(Curcuma longaL.). J East Asian Dietary Life, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp345-335, 2008.
- B. H. Park, and E. R. Jeon, Quality characteristics of soybean curd prepared with the addition of yellow paprika juice. Korean J Food Cookery Sci, Vol. 24, No. 4. pp 439-444, 2008.
- S. H. An, S. H. Lee, and G. S. Park. Quality characteristics of tofu prepared with various concentrations of commercial Chungkukjang powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp 258-262, 2008.
- J. S. Kim, and S. Y. Choi. Quality characteristics of soybean curd with Omija extract. Korean J Food & Nutr, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp43-5, 2008.
- M. R. Han, and M. H. Kim. Quality characteristics and storage improvement studies of Rubus coreanus added soybean curd. Food Eng Prog, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp67-17, 2007.
- Y. T. Lee. Quality characteristics and anti oxidative activity of soybean curd containing small black soybean. Korean Soybean Digest, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp14-22, 2007.
- I. T. Woo, L. Y, Park, G. S. Park, and S. H. Lee. Effect of scutellaria baicalensis georgi on shelf life of tofu. Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, Vol. 36, No. 4, pp458-464, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.4.458
- M. K. Jeon, and M. R. Kim. Quality characteristics of tofu prepared with Herbs. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp30-36, 2006.
- E. J. Park, S. H. An, and G. S. Park. Quality characteristics of cuttlefish inky tou prepared with various coagulants. Korean J Food Culture, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp644-65, 2006.
- J. Y. Kim. Physicochemistry and sensual characteristics of tofu added with green tea powder. A master's thesis. Yongin University, 2009.
- G. S. Park, E. J. Park, S. Y. Kim and H. C. Chung. A study on recognition and using behavior for tofu(soybean curd). Korean J Food Cuture, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp713-720, 2007.
- I. D. Park. Quality characteristics of tofu added with loquat(Eriobotrya japonica lindl) leaf powder. Korean J Food Cuture. Vol. 22, No. 6, pp696-704, 2012.
- M. Y. Lee. and S. D. Kim.. Shelf-life and Quality Characteristics of Tofu Coagulated by Calcium Lactate, J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp412-419, 2004. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.412
- H. J. Kim, B. Y. Kim, and M. H. Kim. Rheological Studies of the Tofu upon the Processing Conditions, Korean J Food Sci Technol, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp324-328, 1995.
- T. Y. Kim. Study on the quality of milk Tofu and physicochemical characteristics of the cheese curd, Wongkwang Universtiy, 1994.
- S. W. Lee, H. J. Kim, D. S. Moon, A. R. Kim, and I. H. Jeong. Characteristics of Tofu Coagulants Extracted from Sea Tangle Using Treated Deep Ocean Water, J Kor Fish Soc, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp113-116, 2007.
- Y. m. Shin, O. Y. Kwon, S. Y. Kang, J. Y. Park, H. S. Park and M. R. Kim. Physicochemical Characteristics of Tofu Added with Spinach Juice, Chungnam National University, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp61-66, 2005.
- S. D. Kim, Quality Characteristics of Tofu Added with Powdered Green Tea and Spinach Juice, Catholic University of Daegu, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp109-116, 2003.
- Effect of curdlan on textural and cooking qualities of noodles made with tofu vol.42, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.13661