- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Features and Applications of Bluetooth Beacon Technology for Utilization in the Mining and Construction Industries
블루투스 비콘 기술의 광업 및 건설 분야 활용을 위한 특징과 적용사례 분석
- Jung, Jihoo ;
- Baek, Jieun ;
- Choi, Yosoon (Dept. of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.01.27
- Accepted : 2016.03.17
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study analyzed the features and various applications of Bluetooth beacon technology for utilization in the mining and construction industries. Through a literature survey, the concept and version-specific features of Bluetooth were reviewed, and representative types of the Bluetooth beacon-based service and its real-world applications in other fields were analyzed. Although a few previous studies that used the Bluetooth Classic (the old version of Bluetooth technology) in the mining industry have been reported, no mine site could be found where the Bluetooth beacon technology was utilized. In the construction industry, this study could find a site where the Bluetooth beacon technology was used to improve the haulage works of construction raw materials. Since the Bluetooth beacon technology has low power consumption and is easy to integrate with smartphones, it will be effectively utilized to improve the productivity and safety in the mining and construction industries.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Eun, Y,S., 2015, Bulguksa temple in my hand, Asia news agency, http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=811232&thread=07r02 (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- Ha, T.Y., Jo, S.W., Park, J.H., Shin, S.J and Chung, J,M., 2015, Analysis of BLE Beacon Device's Industrial Trend and Possible Problem, Proceedings of Korean Society for Internet Information, Gangneung, Korea, May 1-2, pp. 199-200.
- Jang, Y.J., 2011, Trends of Bluetooth Low Energy Technology, Telecommunications Technology Association, http://www.tta.or.kr/data/weekly_view.jsp?news_id=3345 (accessed on 2 Mar 2016).
- Jung, Y.H., 2015, Latest IT Technology Trend, Central Radio Management Office, http://webzine.crms.go.kr/57/pdf_down/trands.pdf (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- Kang, I.Y., 2015, Bluetooth, IT donga, http://it.donga.com/22106/ (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- Kim, C.H., 2014, BLE based Data Communication Technology, DaTaNet, http://www.datanet.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=78060 (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- Kim, D.Y., Kim, S.H. and Jin, S.H., 2014, The Reaserch on iBeacon technology trend and issue, Proceedings of Korea Computer Congress 2014, Pusan, Korea, Jun 25-27, pp. 390-392.
- Kim, J.Y., 2015a, Bluetooth beacon-based service in a hospital, The Kukmin Daily, http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0009299769&code=61121111&cp=nv (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- Kim, J.Y., 2015b, The improvement of work efficiency by using Bluetooth beacon, Industry solution, http://www.industrysolutions.co.kr/?s=%EB%B8%94%EB%A3%A8%ED%88%AC%EC%8A%A4+%EB%B9%84%EC%BD%98 (accessed on 1 Mar 2016).
- Kim, M.H., 2015c, Bluetooth Beacon-based Automated Attendance Management System, Etnews, http://www.etnews.com/20150408000085 (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- NIA, 2014, IT & Future Strategy Report, National Information Society Agency, http://www.nia.or.kr/bbs/board_view.asp?BoardID=201408061314547894&id=14622&Order=020102&search_target=&keyword=&Flag=020000 (accessed on 26 Jan 2016).
- Radinovic, G. and Kim, K., 2008, Feasibility Study of RFID/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Wireless Tracking System for Underground Mine Mapping-Oklahoma, Proceedings of Incorporating Geospatial Technologies into SMCRA Business Processes, Atlanta, USA, March 25-27, pp. 1-34.
- Ryu, D.H., 2015, Development of BLE Sensor Module based on Open Source for IoT Applications, The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Vol. 10, No. 3, 419-424.
- Song, J.H., Jang, Y.G. and Jeon, H.S., 2015, Construction Method of Disaster Prevention/Prediction and Site Management System on Construction Site, Proceedings of Korea Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry, and Cartography, Changwon, Korea, April 23-24, pp. 325-327.
- Yim, J.C. and Keum C.S., 2015, Technology Trends on Proximity Services, Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 30, No. 1, 123-132.
- Wu, Y., Feng, G. and Meng, Z., 2014, The Study on Coal Mine Using the Bluetooth Wireless Transmission, IEEE Proceedings of Electronics, Computer and Applications, Ottawa, Canada, May 8-9, pp. 1016-1018.
- BBUNS: Bluetooth Beacon-Based Underground Navigation System to Support Mine Haulage Operations vol.7, pp.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/min7110228