- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Behavior of the Segment Lining due to the Middle Slab and the Lateral Pressure Coefficient in Duplex Tunnel
복층터널에서 중간슬래브와 측압계수에 따른 세그먼트 라이닝의 거동분석
Lee, Ho Seong;Moon, Hyun Koo
- Received : 2016.05.30
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
We analyzed the behavior of the lining segments considering the middle slab and lateral pressure coefficients when planning the construction of a duplex tunnel for the underground network. Reviewed segment lining analysis for research, the analytical model was determined for duplex tunnel. Also reviewed the vertical load, and a load of middle slab is considered the static load and the live load by vehicles. Section force by middle slabs a load applied was mainly generated in the lower tunnel had the greatest effect on the bending moment. In addition, the bending moment acting direction changes appeared with a large variable, and the section force according to the load applied to the middle slab is relatively constant and the effect on the segment lining from the smallest section force of the lateral pressure coefficient of 1.00 was found to occur appears most significantly. As a result of this research to identify the behavior of the slab and the segment lining by the effect of the lateral pressure coefficient (K) of the duplex tunnel will be able to present a method of the duplex tunnel structure is reasonable and economical design.
Duplex tunnel;Segment lining;Lateral earth pressure coefficients;Middle slab
- Choi, H.J., (2009) "A Study on Development of Live Load Model for Compact Vehicle-only Bridges" Dept. of Civil Engineering The Graduate School, Yonsei University.
- Deere, D.U., Peck, R.B., Parker, H.W., MONSEES, J.E., and SCHMIDT, B., (1970), "Design of Tunnel Support Systems: Highway Research Record", v. 339, p. 26-33.
- Duddeck, H., Erdmann J. (1985), "Structure design for tunnels", Tunnel82, Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium, Brighton, 7-11 June 1982, pp. 83-91.
- Muirwood, A.M. (1975), "The Circular Tunnel in Elastic Ground", Geotechnique, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 115-127. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1918.104.22.168
- Rose, D. (1982), "Revising Terzaghi's Tunnel Rock Load Coefficients", The 23rd U.S Symposium on Rock Mechanics (USRMS), 25-27 August, Berkeley, California, pp. 953-960.
- Ryu, D. H., Kim, S. C., Lee, C. J., Park, J. Y., Lim, J. G., Moon, J. W. (2012), "A study on the application based on the equations of loosening loads for the optimized design of concrete lining", Journal of the Korean society for railway, pp. 7-18.
- Terzaghi, K. (1943), "Theoretical Soil Mechanics", John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Terzaghi, K. (1946), "Rock defects and loads on tunnel support : in rock tunneling with steel supports by proctor, R. V. and white, T. L." Commercial Shearing Co, Ohio, pp. 17-99.
- Yoo, C.S., Jeon, H.M. (2012), “A comparative study onmethods for shield tunnel segment lining”, J. of KoreanTunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 14,No. 3, pp. 159-181. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.3.159
- Performance-Based Evaluation of a Double-Deck Tunnel and Design Optimization vol.11, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/su11010201