- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Joint Size Distribution Using a Contained Trace Length Distribution in a Cylindrical Window
원통형 조사창에서의 양끝내포선 길이분포를 이용한 절리크기분포 추정 연구
Suh, Ga Hyun;Song, Jae-Joon
- Received : 2016.06.17
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
A method for estimating rock joint size distribution using contained traces length distribution from 3D cylindrical window survey was suggested. To reduce the numerical error, an improved technique was applied. The accuracy was verified by referring to Monte-Carlo simulation and it was found that the error can be decreased with suitable gamma values.
Joint size distribution;Cylindrical window survey;Contained trace;Fredholm integral equation of the 1st kind;Monte-Carlo simulation
- Jeon, K., J.J. Song and Y.D. Jo, 2011, A study for the estimation of joint diameter distribution using the trace length distribution from cylindrical window survey, Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 21, No. 5, 386-393.
- Phillips, D.L., 1962, A Technique for the numerical solution of certain integral equations of the first kind, J. Assoc. Comput. Machinery, Vol. 9, 84-97. https://doi.org/10.1145/321105.321114
- Song, J.J., 2005, A study of estimation of diameter distribution and volumetric frequency of joint discs using the least square method, Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 15, No. 2, 137-144.
- Song, J.J., 2009, Distribution-free method for estimating size distribution and volumetric frequency of rock joints, Int. J. Rock Mech. & Min. Sci., Vol. 46, 748-760. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2008.10.004
- Towmey, S., 1963, On the numerical solution of Fredholm integral equations of the first kind by the inversion of the linear system produced by quadrature, J. Assoc. Comput. Machinery, Vol. 10, 97-101. https://doi.org/10.1145/321150.321157
- Villaescusa, E. and E.T. Brown, 1992, Maximum likelihood estimation of joint size from trace length measurements, Rock Mech. Rock Eng. Vol. 25, 67-87. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01040513
Supported by : 서울대학교