- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Numerical study on the Moisture Transport of Concrete Tunnel Linings with the Sprayable Waterproofing Membrane
뿜칠 방수 멤브레인이 시공된 터널 라이닝의 수분이동에 관한 수치해석 연구
- Received : 2016.06.17
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
The sprayable waterproofing membrane is installed between shotcrete to provide crack bridging and hence prevent flow of liquid water as a waterproofing system. Because of its material characteristics, the sprayable membrane can be constructed at more complex structure than sheet membrane. The main component of the sprayable waterproofing membrane is a polymer-based material, therefore, moisture can migrate through sprayable waterproofing membrane materials by capillary and vapor diffusion mechanisms. The moisture transport mechanisms can have an influence on the degree of saturation and may influence the pore pressure and risk of freeze-thaw damage on concrete linings and membrane. In this study, long-term hygrothermal behavior was simulated with considering moisture transport and long-term effects on saturation of tunnel linings. From the simulation, due to water absorption and vapor transport properties of sprayable membrane, change of relative humidity and water content in tunnel lining can be evaluated.
Sprayable waterproofing membrane;Tunnel;Waterproof;Moisture transport;Numerical analysis
- Gomes, A.R.A., 2005, Waterproofing and drainage systems for transport tunnels-a review of current practices. Felsbau 3:46-49
- Holter K.G., 2016, Performance of EVA based sprayed membranes in hard rock, Rock Mech Rock Eng, Vol. 49(4), pp. 1329-1358. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-015-0844-5
- Holter, K.G. and S. Geving, 2016, Moisture Transport Through Sprayed Concrete Tunnel Lining, Rock Mech Rock Eng, Vol.49(1), pp. 243-272. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-015-0730-1
- Holter, K.G., 2015, Properties of waterproof sprayed concrete tunnel lining, Doctoral theses, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
- Holter, K.G., H. Buvik, B. Nermoen, B., Nilsen, 2013, Future trends for tunnel lining design for modern rail and road tunnels in hard rock and cold climate. In: Anagnostou G, Ehrbar H (eds) Proc. ITAAITES World Tunnel Congress Geneva 2013-underground the way to the future
- International Tunnelling Association (ITA/AITES), 2013, ITAtech Report No 2. Design Guidance for Spray Applied Waterproofing Membranes. International Tunnelling Association
- Kunzel, H.M., 1995, Simultaneous heat and moisture transport in building components. One-and two-dimensional calculation using simple parameters. Fraunhofer IRB Verlag, Stuttgart.
- Lee, C., 2012, Performance of Ground Heat Exchangers for Civil Infrastructures, Ph.D. Thesis, Korea university, Seoul, South Korea.
- Lee, C., K. Lee, H. Choi, H-P. Choi, 2010, Characteristics of thermally-enhanced bentonite grouts for geothermal heat exchanger in South Korea, Science in China Series E: Technological Sciences, Vol. 53(1), pp. 123-128. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11431-009-0413-9
- Lemke, S., 2014, A blessing or Pandora's box-spray applied membranes: an objective review. In: Proceedings of the seventh international symposium on sprayed concrete, Sandefjord. Tekna/Norwegian Concrete Association, Oslo.
- Maidl, B, 2013, Handbook of tunnel engineering I, structures and methods. Wilhelm Ernst & Sohn, Berlin.
- SINTEF, 2011, Testing of sprayed concrete. Determination of water penetration, air pores and frost resistance. Report no. 3D0059.21, SINTEF, Trondheim
- Slanina P. and S. Silarova, 2009, Moisture transport through perforated vapour retarders, Building and Environment, Vol. 44(8), pp. 1617-1626. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2008.10.006
- WTA 6-2-0, 2004, Simulation of heat and moisture transfer, WTA Publicatons, Munchen, Germany, p. 16.
- WUFI, 2014, http://www.wufi.de/index_e.html
Grant : 지반함몰 발생 및 피해저감을 위한 지반 안정성 평가 및 굴착.보강 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원