- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Infinite Slope Safty Factor Applied to the Roots Cohesion
뿌리 점착력을 적용한 무한사면 안전률에 관한 연구
Choi, Won-Il;Choi, Eun-Hwa;Suh, Jin-Won;Jeon, Seong-Kon
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
The safety factor of an infinite slope tends to be analyzed as lower when the effects of root cohesion are not considered into the equation. Thus, it is essential to consider regional characteristics such as root cohesion and crown density in order to obtain a reasonable safety factor value. In this study, The safety factor of the landslide model, both before and after considering crown density and root cohesion, was calculated and a comparative analysis was carried out. The safety factor is increased by the effect of roots cohesion of the analysis results, the amount of increase in safety factor along the inclination of the slope angle has been analyzed with various things, the effect of reinforcing the roots cohesion, slope of the lower angle it was found that the higher the safety factor increase.
Infinited Slope stability;Safety factor;Root cohesion;Crown Density;TRIGRS
- Abe, K., Ziemer, R.R. (1991). "Effect of tree roots on a shear zone: Modeling reinforced shear stress", Canadian Journal of Forest Research, Vol.21, pp.1012-1019. https://doi.org/10.1139/x91-139
- Abernethy B, Rutherfurd I.D. (2001). "The distribution and strength of riparian tree roots in relation to riverbank reinforcement", Hydrological Processes, Vol.15, pp.63-79. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.152
- Baum, R.L., Savage, W.Z., Godt, J.W. (2002), TRIGRS-A Fortran Program for Transient Rainfall Infiltration and Grid-Based Regional Slope-Stability Analysis, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report, 02-424.
- Bischetti, G.B., Chiaradia, E.A., Epis, T., et al. (2009). "Root cohesion of forest species in the Italian Alps. Plant and Soil", Vol.324, pp.71-89. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11104-009-9941-0
- Cha, D.S., Ji, B.Y. (2003), "Spatial Distribution of Korean White Pine Tree Roots=A Study on Slope Stability Effects by the Tree Root Systems(III)", Journal of Korean Forest Society, Vol.92, No.1, pp.33-41.
- De Baets S, Poesen J, Reubens B, et al. (2008). Root tensile strength and root distribution of typical Mediterranean plant species and their contribution to soil shear strength. Plant and Soil, Vol.305, pp.207-226. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11104-008-9553-0
- Gray, D.H., Leiser, A.T. (1982). Biotechnical Slope Protection and Erosion Control. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company INC., New York.
- Gray, D.H., Sotir, R.B. (1996), Role of Vegetation in the Stability of Slopes, Biotechnical and Soil Bioengineering Slope Stabilization: A Practical Guide for Erosion Control, John Wiley & Sons INC, pp.54-82.
- Iverson, R.M., (2000), Landslide triggering by rain infiltration, Water Resources Research, Vol.36, No.7, pp.1897-1910. https://doi.org/10.1029/2000WR900090
- Kim, D.Y., Lee, S.H., Im, S.J. (2011), "Analysis of the Effect of Tree Roots on Soil Reinforcemen Considering Its Spatial Distribution", Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Tecnology, Vol.14, No.4, pp.41-54.
- Kim, D.Y., Im, S.J., Chun, K.W. (2014), "Quantitative Analysis of Tree Effects on Shallow Landslide Initiation Using Physically-based Modeling Approach", Journal of Korean Forest Society, 2014(0), pp.258-258.
- Kim, S.H., Kim, J.C., Ryu, J.H., Kim, J.S., Seo, S.A., Cho, H.G., Yoo, B.O., Sim, W.B., Sung, J.H., Park, B.B., Lim, J.S., Jeong, I.B., Sin, J.W., 6th National Forest inventory and Forest health monitering(2011), KOREA FOREST SERVICE, Korea Forest Research Institute, 2011.10, version 1.1, pp.34-36.
- Korea Forest Service, (2016), "Forest Soil Digital Mapping", National Spatial Information Clearinghouse, GRS80/TM/1:25,000
- Lee, I.M., Sung S.G., Im C.M. (1991), "An Experimental Study on the Effect of Vegetation Roots on Slope Stability of Hillside Slopes", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.7, No.2, pp.51-66.
- Ma, H.S., Jeong, W.O. (2007), "Analysis of Landslides Characteristics in Korean National Parks", Journal of Korean Forest Society, Vol.96, No.6, pp.611-619.
- Park, C.M., Ma, H.S., Kang, W.S., Oh, K.W. Park, S.H., Lee, S.J. (2010), "Analysis of Landslide Characteristics in Jeonlabuk-do, Korea", Journal of Agriculture & Life Science, Vol.44, No.4, pp.9-20.
- Pollen, N., Simon, A. (2005). Estimating the mechanical effects of riparian vegetation on stream bank stability using a fiber bundle model. Water Resources Research, Vol.41, doi:10.1029/2004WR003801, W07025, pp.1-11. https://doi.org/10.1029/2004WR003801
- Roering, J.J., Schmidt, K.M., Stock, J.D., Dietrich, W.E., Montgomery, D.R. (2003), "Shallow landsliding, root reinforcement, and the spatial distribution of trees in the Oregon Coast Range", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.40, No.2, pp.237-253. https://doi.org/10.1139/t02-113
- Schwarz, M., Preti, F., Giadrossich, F., Lehmann, P., Or, D. (2010). "Quantifying the role of vegetation in slope stability: A case study in Tuscany(Italy)", Ecological Engineering Vol.36, No.3, pp.285-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2009.06.014
- Simon A, Collison AJC. (2002). "Quantifying the mechanical and hydrologic effects of riparian vegetation on streambank stability" Earth Surface Processes and Landforms,Vol.27, pp.527-546. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.325
- Tosi M. (2007). "Root tensile strength relationships and their slope stability implications of three shrub species in the Northern Apennines(Italy)", Geomorphology, Vol.87, pp.268-283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2006.09.019
- Waldron, L.J., Dakessian, S., (1981). "Soil reinforcement byroots: Calculation of incresased soil shear restistance from root properties", Soil Sci, Vol.6, pp.427-435.
- Waldron, L.J. (1977). "The shear resistance of root-permeated homogeneous and stratified soil", Soil Science Society of America Journal, Vol.41, pp.843-849. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1977.03615995004100050005x
- Wu, T.H. (1976) Investigation of landslides on Prince of Wales Island, Alaska. Ohio State Univ., Dept. of Civil Eng., Geotech. Eng. Rpt. No5, pp.93.
- Wu, T.H., McKinnell III, W.P., Swanston, D.N. (1979). "Strength of tree roots and landslides on Prince of Wales Island, Alaska", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.16, pp.19-33. https://doi.org/10.1139/t79-003
Supported by : Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement(KAIA)