- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Drainage Characteristics of PET Aggregates
PET 인공골재의 배수특성에 관한 실험적 연구
Shin, Eun-Chul;Shin, Hui-Su;Kim, Kyeong-Sig;Kim, Ki-Sung;Park, Jeong-Jun
- Received : 2016.04.18
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
PET aggregates were produced by mixing heated PET flakes with frictional soils. Using these artificially-made PET aggregates, horizontal drain tests in the laboratory, pilot scale model tests were conducted for the evaluation of the drainage characteristics of PET aggregates. Laboratory horizontal drain tests were conducted under twenty different conditions varying mixing ratios and surcharged pressures. Moreover, by utilizing the aggregates with a mixing ratio producing the lowest variation in terms of permeability against applied load, large scale tests were performed. Reliability of the test results was evaluated from comparison with the results of the laboratory horizontal drain test.
PET aggregates;Horizontal drain test;Drainage capacity;Permeability;Surcharged pressure
- Choi, Y.W., Jung, J.S., Moon, D.J., Shin, H.C., Hwang, Y.T. (2002), "An Experimental Study on the Properties of Lightweight Aggregate Concrete Using Waste PET Bottles", 2002 Korea Concrete Institute Conference, No.11, pp.211-216 (in Korean).
- Construction Economy Research Institute of Korea (2010), A study on status and consistency of the aggregate for supply and demand, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (in Korean).
- Han, M.W., Kang, K.S., Song, J.K. (2012), "Chemical Recycling Technology from Polyester Wastes", Elastomers and Composites, Vol.47, No.2, pp.96-103 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2012.47.2.96
- Kang, M.(2012), Manufacturing and characterization of artificial aggregation using coal ash form thermal power plant, Master Thesis, Kyonggi University (in Korean).
- Kim, B.C. (2014), Analysis on deformation of the water supply pipeline in PET fiber mixed ground under freezing temperature, Master Thesis, Incheon National University (in Korean).
- Kim, W.B. (2010), Engineering properties of artificial aggregate made from phosphogypsum as a drainage material, Master Thesis, Chonnam National University (in Korean).
- Korea Concrete Institute (2009), Standard Concrete Spe., Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (in Korean).
- Ministry of Environment (2013), National Statistics of Waste, http://www.me.go.kr (in Korean).
- Shin, E.C., Kim, B.S., Kim, K.S. (2013), "Frost heaving Sensitivity of Recycled PET Bottles Mixed Soil through laboratory Freezing Test", 2013 Korean Geosynthetics Society Conference, pp.121-124 (in Korean).
- Shin, E.C., Shin, H.S, Kim, K.S. (2014), "Analysis of frozen reduction effect and economic evaluation of recycled PET-soil", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol.13, No.4, pp.153-159 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2014.13.4.153
- Shin, J.K. (2013), Development of artificial lightweight aggregates using industrial by-products and its application to lightweight aggregates concrete, Ph. D. Thesis, Cheongju University (in Korean).
Supported by : Incheon National University