- Volume 43 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of pre-planting application of dolomite at various rates in coir-dust containing root media on the growth of red-leaf lettuce
- Received : 2016.04.14
- Accepted : 2016.06.27
- Published : 2016.06.30
This research was conducted to evaluate various levels of dolomitic lime incorporated as pre-planting fertilizers on the growth of red-leaf lettuce. To achieve this, three root media were formulated by mixing coir dust with expanded rice hull (CD+ERH, 8:2, v/v), carbonized rice hull (CD+CRH, 6:4, v/v), and ground pine bark (CD+GRPB, 6:4, v/v). During formulation, equal amounts of essential nutrients, except dolomitic lime, were incorporated into all root media and the levels of dolomitic lime were varied from 0 to
carbonized rice-hull;expanded rice-hull;pine bark;plant nutrition
- Bunt AC. 1988. Media and mixes for container grown plants. Unwin Hyman, London.
- Choi JM. 2006. Effect of dolomite levels in various root media containing micronutrient mixes on growth of marigold plug seedlings. Journal of Bio-Environment Control 15:217-224. [in Korean]
- Choi JM, Kim IY, Kim BK. 2009. Root Substrates. pp. 278-279. Hackyesa. Daejeon, Korea. [in Korean]
- Choi JM, Park EY. 2011. Physico.chemical properties of various pine barks as root medium components circulated in Korea. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology 29:78. [in Korean]
- Choi JM, Park EY, Shim CY. 2014. Development of root media containing carbonized and expanded rice hull for container cultivation of horticultural crops. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology 32:157-164. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2014.13002
- Jones JB. 2005. Hydroponics: A practical guide for the soilless grower 2nd ed. CRC Press, London.
- Lim SW. 2005. Fertilizers; Principles of nutrient supply and practical application method. Ilsinsa, Seoul, Korea. [in Korean]
- Lindsay WL. 2001. Chemical equilibria in soils. The Blackburn Press, Caldwell, NJ, USA.
- Nelson PV. 2003. Greenhouse operation and management, 6th ed. Prentice Hall, NJ, USA.
- Paul EA. 2006. Soil microbiology, ecology, and biochemistry. 3rd ed. Academic Press, San Diego, USA.
- Sonneveld C, Voogt W. 2009. Plant nutrition of greenhouse crops. Springer. New York, USA.
- Sposito G. 1994. Chemical equilibria and kinetics in soils. Oxford University Press, New York.
Supported by : 충남대학교