- Volume 4 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Reliability Study of Hip Range of Motion Measurement by Smartphone Inclinometer
스마트폰 경사계를 사용한 엉덩관절 가동범위의 측정 신뢰도 연구
- Received : 2016.05.10
- Accepted : 2016.06.23
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to evaluate inter-tester reliability and Intra-tester reliability about range of motion(ROM) measurement of hip joint with smartphone inclinometer. Method : Six observers performed goniometric and smartphone inclinometer measurements of various hip movements, including both active ROM for flexion, extension, external rotation, internal rotation. Measurements were performed in the right hip of fifty normal subjects. All measures were performed three times for evaluating reliability of observer. Inter- and intra-observer reliabilities were evaluated using the intraclass correlation coefficient(ICC). Result : The results were as follows, inter-observer reliability ICC value showed .948-.974 in smartphone inclinometer. And showed .781-.827 in goniometer. Intra-observer reliability ICC value showed .653-.992 in smartphone inclinometer. And showed .613-.854 in goniometer. Conclusion : Smartphone inclinometer are portable and widely available tools that are mostly reliable and valid for assessing active hip range of motion, with potential use when a goniometer is not available.
goniometer;hip joint range of motion;reliability;smartphone inclinometer
- 고재문, 구자영, 심재환 등(2009). 사람해부학. 서울, 현문사, pp.166-167.
- 김경훈, 이해동, 이성철(2006). 하지 관절 운동범위에 대한 고니오미터 측정이 가지는 신뢰성. 한국체육측정평가학회지, 8(2), 13-25.
- 박흥기, 김근조, 주무열(2003). 한국인의 고관절 회전 가동 범위의 측정 및 비교 고찰. 대한정형물리치료학회지, 9(1), 39-52.
- 이충휘(2005). 물리치료사와 작업치료사를 위한 연구방법론. 서울, 계축문화사. pp.395.
- 채윤원, 유환석, 김경윤 등(2009). 근골격계의 구조와 기능: 인체운동학. 서울, 현문사, pp.275-277.
- Cadogan A, Laslett M, Hing W, et al(2011). Reliability of a new han-held dynamometer in measuring shoulder range of motion and strength. Man Ther, 16(1), 97-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2010.05.005
- Cuthbert SC, Goodheart GJ Jr(2007). On the reliability and validity of manual muscle testing: a literature review. Chiropr Osteopat, 15(4), doi: 10.1186/1746-1340-15-4. https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-1340-15-4
- de Winter AF, Heemskerk MA, Terwee CB, et al(2004). Inter-observer reproducibility of measurements of range of motion in patients with shoulder pain using a digital inclinometer. BMC Musculoskelet Disord, 5(18), doi:10.1186/1471-2474-5-18. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-5-18
- Domholdt E(1993). Physical therapy research: Principles and applications. Philadelphia, WB Saunders.
- Gajdosik RL, Bohannon RW(1987). Clinical measurement of range of motion. Review of goniometry emphasizing reliability and validity. Phys Ther, 67(12), 1867-1872. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/67.12.1867
- Hoving JL, Buchbinder R, Green S, et al(2002). How reliably do rheumatologists measure shoulder movement?. Ann Rheum Dis, 61(7), 612-616. https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.61.7.612
- Hyuk B, Kim SW, Kim KS, et al(2006). Comparison of inclinometer with universal goniometer in evaluating cervical and lumbar spine and shoulder range of motion. The Acupuncture, 23(1), 15-23.
- Kolber MJ, Vega F, Widmayer K, et al(2011). The reliability and minimal detectable change of shoulder mobility measurements using a digital inclinometer. Physiother Theory Pract, 27(2), 176-184. https://doi.org/10.3109/09593985.2010.481011
- Mullaney MJ, McHugh MP, Johnson CP, et al(2010). Reliability of shoulder range of motion comparing a goniometer to a digital level. Physiother Theory Pract, 26(5), 327-333. https://doi.org/10.3109/09593980903094230
- Norkin C, White D(2003). Measurement of joint motion: a guide to goniometry. 3rd ed, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: F.A. Davis Co.
- Shin SH, Ro DH, Lee OS, et al(2012). Within-day reliability of shoulder range of motion measurement with a smartphone. Man Ther, 17(4), 298-304. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2012.02.010
- Stratford P, Agostino V, Brazear C, et al(1984). Reliability of joint angle measurements: A discussion of methodology issues. Physiother Can, 36, 5-9.
- van den Beld WA, van der Sanden GA, sengers RC, et al(2006). Validity and reproducibility of hand-held dynamometry in children aged 4-11 years. J Regabil Med, 38(1), 57-64.