- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Two Unresolved Target Angle Estimation in Phase Comparison Monopulse Radar
위상비교모노펄스를 이용한 근접한 두 표적 분리에 관한 연구
Lee, Seung-Phil;Cho, Byung-Lae;Kim, Young-Soo
- Received : 2016.03.23
- Accepted : 2016.06.22
- Published : 2016.07.07
This paper improves Sherman's two-pulse method for angle estimation of two unresolved targets in phase comparison monopulse radar. The proposed method provides the angle information with only a single-pulse measurement instead of two pulses. The proposed method can estimate a single-target angle by single-target indicator, in contrast with previous techniques. The accuracy of angle estimation for proposed method is demonstrated by simulations.
Sherman's Method;Multi-Target Extraction;Direction-of-Arrival;Angle-of-Arrival
- S. M. Sherman, D. K. Barton, Monopulse Principles and Techniques, 2nd ed. Boston: Artech House, pp. 187-223, 2011.
- S. M. Sherman, "Complex indicated angles applied to unresolved radar targets and multipath", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. AES-7, no. 1, Jan. 1971.
- S. M. Sherman, "Complex indicated angles in monopulse radar", Ph.D. dissertation, University of Pensylvania, Philadelphia, Dec. 1965.
- Z. Lu, M. Gao, H. Jiang, and J. Yan, "Closed-form solutions for directions of two steady targets with two pulses in monopulse radar", IEEE Radar Conference, pp. 74-78, 2012.
- S. P. Lee, B. L. Cho, S. M. Lee, J. E. Kim, and Y. S. Kim, "Unambiguous angle estimation of unresolved targets in monopulse radar", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 51, pp. 1170-1177, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2014.140178
- Y. Zheng, S. M. Tseng, and K. B. Yu, "Closed-form four-channel monopulse two-target resolution", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 39, pp. 1083-1089, Jul. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2003.1238760
- W. D. Blair, G. A. Watson, T. Kirubarajan, and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Monopulse DOA estimation of two unresolved rayleigh targets", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 31, no. 2, Apr. 1998.
- Z. Wang, A. Sinha, P. Willett, and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Angle estimation for two unresolved targets with monopulse radar", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 40, no. 3, Jul. 2004.
- P. Willett, W. D. Blair, and X. Zhang, "The multitarget monopulse CRLB for matched filter samples", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 8, Qug. 2007.
- A. Sinaha, T. Kirubarajan, and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Maximum likelihood angle extractor for two closely spaced targets", IEEE transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 38, no. 2, Jan. 2002.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소