- Volume 17 Issue 4
Background: Gall bladder cancer (GBC) usually presents as unresectable or metastatic disease. We conducted a feasibility study to evaluate the effect of neoadjuvant therapy (NAT) on radiologic downstaging and resectability in unresectable GBC cases. Materials and Methods: Patients with locally advanced disease were treated with chemoradiotherapy [CTRT] ( external radiotherapy (45Gy) along with weekly concurrent cisplatin
Radiologic downstaging;neoadjuvant therapy;unresectable gallbladder cancer
- ctep.cancer.gov/protocolDevelopment/electronic.../docs/ ctcaev3.pdf
- de Aretxabala X, Roa I, Burgos L, et al (1999). Preoperative chemoradiotherapy in the treatment of gallbladder cancer, Am Surg, 65, 241-6.
- https://cancerstaging.org/.../AJCC6th Ed Cancer Staging Manual Part1.pdf
- Gangopadhyay A, Nath P, Biswas J (2015). Reduced dose intensity of chemotherapy may not lead to inferior palliation in locally advanced carcinoma of the gall bladder: An experience from a regional cancer center in Eastern India, J Gastrointest Cancer, 46, 297-300 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12029-015-9742-z
- Kato A, Shimizu H, Ohtsuka M, et al (2013). Surgical resection after downsizing chemotherapy for initially unresectable locally advanced biliary tract cancer: a retrospective singlecenter study, Ann Surgical Oncol, 20, 318-24. https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-012-2312-8
- Randi G, Franceschi S, La Vecchia C (2006). Gallbladder cancer worldwide:geographical distribution and risk factors, Int J Cancer, 118, 1591-2. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.21683
- Saxena R, Sikora SS, Kaushik SP (1995). A triple bypass procedure for advanced carcinoma of the neck of the gall bladder. Br J Surg, 82, 394-5. https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.1800820337
- Sirohi B, Mitra A, Jagannath P, et al (2015). Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced gallbladder cancer. Future Oncol, 11, 1501-9. https://doi.org/10.2217/fon.14.308
- Therasse P, Arbuck SG, Eisenhauer EA, Kaplan RS, Rubinstein L (2000). New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in Solid Tumors. J Natl Cancer Inst, 9, 205-6.
- Long-Term Survival with Chemoradiation Alone in Locally Advanced Unresectable Gallbladder Cancer: First Case Report of a New Paradigm vol.49, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12029-016-9893-6
- Prognostic significance of neutrophil–lymphocyte ratio and carbohydrate antigen 19-9 in patients with gallbladder carcinoma vol.98, pp.8, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000014550