- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Runway Occupancy Time Using ADS-B Message about Landing Airplane
ADS-B를 이용한 착륙 항공기의 활주로 점유 시간 분석
- Ku, SungKwan (Department of Aviation Leisure & Industry Management, School of Aeronautical Science, Hanseo University) ;
- Baik, Hojong (School of Air Transport, Transportation and Logistics, Korea Aerospace University)
- Received : 2016.04.13
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
Runway and taxiway is base facilities for aircraft take off and landing and runway capacity is one of major factor for airport capacity. Runway occupancy time is affect on the runway capacity. The identification of aircraft using taxiway by analysis of airport ground surveillance data and the measurement of pass time on the points is general method for the confirmation of the runway occupancy time. This study is runway occupancy time analysis of landing airplane using ADS-B message, in this study we surveyed landing aircraft runway occupancy time and analysis of serviced record using taxiway include rapid exit taxiway. The result of analysis is to confirm the different of landing direction and aircraft category on the same runway caused by structure of airport. Also the result of runway occupancy time analyzed data, it is base input data for the air transportation simulation.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- FAA AC150/5060-5, Airport capacity and delay, Federal Aviation Administration, Sep. 1983.
- ICAO Doc9157 Part2, Aerodrome design manual - Taxiway, aprons and holding bays, International Civil Aviation Organization, 2005.
- A. G. Hobeika, A. A. Trani, H. D. Sherali and B. J. Kim, "Microcomputer model for design and location of runway exits," Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 119, No. 3, pp. 385-401, May 1993. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-947X(1993)119:3(385)
- V. Kumar, L. Sherry and R. Kicinger, Runway occupancy time extraction and analysis using surface track data, Research report, George Mason University, Jul. 2009.
- D. D. Lee, A. Smith, R. Cassell and B. Abdul-Baki, "NASA low visibility landing and surface operations (LVLASO) runway occupancy time(ROT) analysis," in Digital Avionics System Conference, 1999. Proceedings 18th, St Louis: MO, pp 5.D.5-1- 5.D.5-9 vol.1, Oct. 1999.
- ICAO Annex14, Volume 1, Aerodrome design and operations, , Jul. 2013.
- S. K. Ku, Y. J. Lee and D. W. Shin, "The deviation distribution of target on the ILS final approach segment using ADS-B message," Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 403-410, Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.12673/jant.2015.19.5.403
- S. K. Ku and H. J. Baik, "Analysis of ADS-B ground trajectory data using non-aviation approval public data," Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 6-11, Dec. 2016. https://doi.org/10.12985/KSAA.2015.23.4.006
- ICAO Doc8643, Aircraft type designators, International Civil Aviation Organization, Apr. 2015.