- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of Fuzzy-PID Controller for Turbojet Engine of UAV Using LabVIEW
LabVIEW를 이용한 무인항공기용 소형 터보제트 엔진의 Fuzzy-PID 제어기 설계
Shin, Haeng-Cheol;Jie, Min-Seok
- Received : 2016.05.30
- Accepted : 2016.06.29
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this paper, Propose to prevent compressor surge and improve the transient response of the fuel flow control system of turbojet engine. Turbojet engine controller is designed by applying Fuzzy-PID control algorithm. To prevent any surge or a flame out event during the engine acceleration or deceleration, the Fuzzy-PID controller effectively controls the fuel flow input of the control system. Fuzzy-PID results are used as the fuel flow control inputs to prevent compressor surge and flame-out for turbo-jet engine and the controller is designed to converge to the desired speed quickly and safely. Using LabVIEW to perform computer simulations verified the performance of the proposed controller. Response characteristics pursuant to the gain were analyzed by simulation.
Turbojet engine;Surge control;Fuzzy proportional integral derivation;controller;Fuel flow control;LabVIEW
- B. Lehtinen, "Application of advanced control techniques to aircraft propulsion systems," in First Annual NASA Aircraft Controls Workshop, Hampton: VA, Oct. 1983.
- R. A. Harrison, and M. S. Yates, "Gas turbine fuel control systems for unmanned applications," Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Vol. 110, No. 1, pp. 33-40, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3240083
- J. H. Boo, M. S. Pang, K. W. Lee, S. S. Yoo, and C. D. Kong, "Characteristics of a turbojet engine linear model using DYGABCD code," Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 21, No 1, pp.81-90, 1993.
- L. X. Wang, and J.M. Mendel, "Fuzzy basis functions universal approximation and orthogonal least squares learning," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 804-814, 1992.
- D. Misir, H.A. Malki, and G. Chen, "Design and analysis of a fuzzy proportional integaral derivative controller," Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 79, No 3, pp. 297-314, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(95)00149-2
- S. Chae and Y. S. Oh, Fuzzy Theory and Control, 1st ed. Seoul, Korea: Cheongmoongak, 1995.
Supported by : 국토교통부