- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Spike Rejection Method for Improving Altitude Control Performance of Quadrotor UAV Using Ultrasonic Rangefinder
초음파 거리계를 이용하는 쿼드로터 무인항공기의 고도 제어 성능 향상을 위한 스파이크 제거 기법
Kim, Sung-Hoon;Choi, Kyeung-Sik;Hong, Gyo-Young
- Received : 2016.05.11
- Accepted : 2016.06.21
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this paper, a stationary wavelet transform method is proposed for improving the altitude control performance of quadrotor UAV using an ultrasonic rangefinder. A ground tests are conducted using an ultrasonic rangefinder that is much used for vertical takeoff and landing. An ultrasonic rangefinder suffers from signal's spike due to specular reflectance and acoustic noise. The occurred spikes in short time span need to be analyzed at both sides time and frequency domain. It was known that stationary wavelet transform is the transferring solution to the problem occurred by down sampling from DWT also more efficient to remove noise than DWT. The analyzed spikes of the ultrasonic rangefinder using a stationary wavelet transform and experimental results show that it can effectively remove the spikes of the ultrasonic rangefinder.
Altitude;Quadrotor;Stationary wavelet transform;Spike;Ultrasonic rangefinder
- J. M. Jong, S. K. Han, T. S. Yoon and J. B. Park, "Hypothesis-based filtering method for improving altitude control performance of quadrotor UAV using ultrasonic sensor," in 43th Summer Conference on The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Jeongseon: Korea, pp. 1401-1402, Jul. 2012.
- A. Ei-Badawy, R. Rashad, "Ultrasonic rangefinder spikes rejection using discrete wavelet transform: application to UAV," Journal of Sensor Technology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 45-53, June. 2015. https://doi.org/10.4236/jst.2015.52005
- K. S. Choi, J. W. Hyun, J. W. Jang, D. M. Ahn, and G. Y. Hong, "Ground altitude measurement algorithm using laser altimeter and ultrasonic rangefinder for UAV," The Korea Navigation Institute, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 749-756, Dec. 2013.
- S. P. Kim, E. T. Kim, and K. J. Seong, "Sensor fusion of GPS/INS/Baroaltimeter using wavelet analysis," International Journal of control Automation and Systems, Transactions on Control Automation and Systems Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 1232-1237, Dec. 2008.
- H. R. Yu, "Study for the noise rejection threshold value decision with using band information of stationary wavelet," master's degree, Daejeon uni, Daejeon:Koera, Aug. 2007.
- H. Y. Ryu, K. W. Lee, and B. D. Kwon, "Noise rejection at satellite images using wavelet filter," in Autumn conference on The Korean Earth Science Society, Seoul: Korea, pp. 398-405, 2005.
- M. I. Choi, and J. C. Kim, "A study on the comparison of denoising performance of stationary wavelet transform for discharge signal data in cast-resin transformer," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 84-90, Mar. 2014.
- Y. Chen, and H. Ma, "Signal de-noising in ultrasonic testing based on stationary wavelet transform," Intelligent Systems, Vol. 2, No. 10, pp. 474-478, May. 2009.
- J. E. Lee and I. S. Kim, "A study on the fault detection technique of the grid-connected photovoltaic system using wavelet transformation," The Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 79-87, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2011.16.1.79
- E. O. sheybani, O. J. Mengshoel, and S. Poll, "Removing spikes while preserving data and noise using wavelet filter banks," in Aerospace Conference, Montana: MT, pp. 1-10, Mar. 2010.
- H. S. Lee, Blind estimation of hop timing and duration of FHSS systems, master's degree, Chungnam University, Chungnam, Korea, Feb, 2010.
Supported by : 국토교통부