- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis for FOD Automatic Detection System
FOD 자동탐지시스템 요구사항 분석
Kim, Sung-Hoon;Park, Myoung-Kyu;Hong, Gyo-Young;So, Jun-Soo;Kim, Sang-kwon;Kim, Uri-Eol
- Received : 2016.05.27
- Accepted : 2016.06.29
- Published : 2016.06.30
Damage caused by FOD which is a foreign substance at the movement area in airports around the world has reached 200 million every year. In 2000, the casualties occurred 133 people at charles de gaulle airport due to FOD. The occurrence of damage by FOD has continuously influenced in domestic also it makes equipment repair indirectly or directly. Accordingly, One of the solutions to the problem is the development of FOD automatic detection system. That is ongoing for plane movement area in airport. As the analyzed result, the military airport prefered mobile type and the civil airport prefered fixed type due to the characteristics of the operating type. In this paper, we analyzed the minimum performance specifications meeting the domestic requirements by investigating military and private FOD detection systems.
Aircraft;Airport;Detect;Foreign object defective;Radar
- Iain McCreary, Runway Safety: FOD, Birds, and the Case for Automated Scanning, Insight SRI, pp.103-153, 2010.
- K. B. Lee, FOD automatic detection system a study on the development direction for localization, Ph.D. dissertation, Incheon University, Incheon, Korea, July 2014.
- J. G. Lee, Inside Runway FOD automatic detection system development planning final report, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Sejong, Korea, Technical Report MONO1201509307, pp.3-5, 2014 .
- K. B. Lee, J. G. Lee, and D. H. Kim, "A Study for efficient foreign object debris detection on runways," The Journal of Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 130-135, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2014.22.1.130
- Tarsier - QinetiQ Automatic Runway Debris Detection 2009 [Internet], Available: http://www.QinetiQ.com/Tarsier
- Xsight - Advanced Radar and Optic Sensors for FOD Detection and Homeland Security 2009 [Internet], Available: http://xsightsys.com
- Stratech, iFerretTM System [Internet], Available: http://www.stratechsystems.com/
- FOD Finder system [Internet], Available: http://www.fodfinder.com
- Niu. B, Gu. H, Sun. J, Chen N, "Research of FOD recognition based on gabor wavelets and SVM classification," The Journal of Information & Computational Science, Vol. 10, No.6, pp 1633-1640, Apr. 2013. https://doi.org/10.12733/jics20101633
- Karim. M, Armin. Z, Jerrome. L, Christian. P, Jean-Yves D, Claire. M, Naruto. Y, Akiko. K, and Shunichi. F, "76.5 GHz millimeter-wave radar for foreign object debris detection on airport runways," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Manchester: MHT, pp. 222-225, 2011.
Grant : 공항운영
Supported by : (주)웨이브텍