- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Type-2 Fuzzy Self-Tuning PID Controller Design and Steering Angle Control for Mobile Robot Turning
이동로봇 선회를 위한 Type-2 Fuzzy Self-Tuning PID 제어기 설계 및 조향각 제어
- Received : 2016.04.25
- Accepted : 2016.06.29
- Published : 2016.06.30
Researching and developing mobile robot are quite important. Autonomous driving of mobile robot is important in various working environment. For its autonomous driving, mobile robot detects obstacles and avoids them. Purpose of this thesis is to analyze kinematics model of the mobile robot and show the efficiency of type-2 fuzzy self-tuning PID controller used for controling steering angle. Type-2 fuzzy is more flexible in verbal expression than type-1 fuzzy because it has multiple values unlike previous one. To compare these two controllers, this paper conduct a simulation by using MATLAB Simulink. The result shows the capability of type-2 fuzzy self-tuning PID is effective.
Mobile robot;Type-2 fuzzy controller;Self-tuning proportional-integral-derivative;Steering angle control;MATLAB simulink
- A. A. Pervozvanski and L. B. Freidovich, "Robust stabilization of robotic manipulators by PID controllers," Dynamics and Control, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 203-222, 1993.
- S. Bentalba, A. El Hajjaji and A. Rachid, "Fuzzy control of a mobile robot: a new approach," IEEE Transactions on Control Applications, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 69-72, 1997.
- C. D. Jung, J. Mook, Kang and C. H. Park, "Study of engine oil replacement time estimate method using fuzzy and neural network algorithm in ubiquitous environment," International Journal of Control and Automation (IJCA), Vol. 6, pp. 267-280, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14257/ijca.2013.6.6.26
- Q. Xu, J. Kan, S. Chen and S. Yan, "Fuzzy PID based trajectory tracking control of mobile robot and its simulation in simulink," International Journal of Control and Automation (IJCA), Vol. 7, pp. 233-244, 2014.
- Y. Kanayama, Y. Kimura, F. Miyazaki, and T. Noguchi, "A stable tracking control method for an autonomous mobile robot," in Proceeding. of IEEE International. Conference. on Robotics and Automation, Cincinnati: OH, pp. 384-389, 1990.
- L. A. Zadeh, "Fuzzy sets," Information and Control, Vol. 8, pp. 338-353, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X
- B. J. Choi and S. Kim, "Design of simple-structured fuzzy logic system based driving controller for mobile robot," Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.1.1
- P. Corke, Robotics Vision and Control Fundamental Algorithms in MATLAB, Berlin: Germany, Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- J. P. Laumond, P. E. Jacobs, M. Taix and R. M. Murry, "A motion planner for nonholonomic mobile robots," IEEE Transaction on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 557-593, 1994.
- S. Thongchai and K. Kawamura, "Application of fuzzy control to a sonar-based obstacle avoidance mobile robot," in Proceeding. of IEEE International. Conference. on Robotics and Automation on Control Applications, Anchorage: AL, pp. 425-430, 2000.
Grant : 공항운영
Supported by : 한국산업기술시험원