- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Efficient Multi-User Resource Allocation Scheme for Future IEEE 802.11 LRLP Communications
미래 IEEE 802.11 LRLP 통신을 위한 효율적인 다중 사용자 자원할당 기법
Ahn, Woojin;Kim, Ronny Yongho
- Received : 2016.04.17
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
As a possible standardization of wireless local area network (WLAN), IEEE 802.11 LRLP is under discussion in order to support long range and low power (LRLP) communication for internet of things (IoT) including drones and many other IoT devices. In this paper, an efficient adaptive resource unit allocation scheme for uplink multiuser transmission in IEEE 802.11 LRLP networks is proposed. In the proposed scheme, which adopts OFDMA random access based transmission scheme of IEEE 802.11ax, in order to enhance the efficiency of the slotted OFDMA random access, access point (AP) traces the history of the sizes of successfully transmitted uplink data, and adjusts the sizes of resource units for the next uplink multiuser transmission adaptively. Our simulation results corroborate that the proposed scheme significantly improves the system throughput.
Wireless local area network;Internet of things;Unmaned aerial vehicle;Resource allocation;Random access
- IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, IEEE 802.11, Mar. 2012
- T. Godfrey et. al., Long range low power (LRLP) operation in 802.11: use cases and functional requirements: guidelines for PAR development, IEEE 802.11 TIG LRLP, Piscataway: NJ, 15/1446r12, pp. 1-10, Mar. 2016.
- R. Stacey, Proposed draft specification, IEEE 802.11 TGax, Piscataway: NJ, 16/24r1, pp. 1-159, Jan. 2016.
- A. Asterjadhi et. al., Scheduled trigger frames, IEEE 802.11 TGax, Piscataway: NJ, 15/880r1, pp. 1-17, Jul 2015.
- C. Ghosh et. al., UL OFDMA-based random access procedure, IEEE 802.11 TGax, Piscataway: NJ, 15/1105r0,pp. 1-19, Sep. 2015.
- W. Ahn, R. Y. Kim and Y. Y. Kim, "An energy efficient multi-user uplink transmission scheme in the next generation WLAN for internet of things," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Vol. 2016, pp. 1-9, May. 2016.
- S. Merlin et. al., TGax simulation scenario, IEEE 802.11 TGax, Pistacaway: NJ, 14/980r16, pp.1-52, Jul. 2015.
Supported by : 정보통신기술센터