- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Ontology-based Semantic Matchmaking for Service-oriented Mission Operation
서비스 지향 임무 수행을 위한 온톨로지 기반 시맨틱 매칭 방법
Song, Seheon;Lee, SangIl;Park, JaeHyun
- Received : 2016.05.27
- Accepted : 2016.06.29
- Published : 2016.06.30
There are technological, operational and environmental constraints at tactical edge, which are disconnected operation, intermittent connectivity, and limited bandwidth (DIL), size, weight and power (SWaP) limitations, ad-hoc and mobile network, and so on. To overcome these limitations and constraints, we use service-oriented architecture (SOA) based technologies. Moreover, the operation environment is highly dynamic: requirements change in response to the emerging situation, and the availability of resources needs to be updated constantly due to the factors such as technical failures. In order to use appropriate resources at the right time according to the mission, it needs to find the best resources. In this context, we identify ontology-based mission service model including mission, task, service, and resource, and develop capability-based matching in tactical edge environment. The goal of this paper is to propose a capability-based semantic matching for dynamic resource allocation. The contributions of this paper are i) military domain ontologies ii) semantic matching using ontology relationship; and (iii) the capability-based matching for the mission service model.
Service-oriented architecture;Mission service;Semantic matching;Capability-based;Ontology
- F. Dandashi, P. Glasow, D. Kaplan, W. Lin, S. Semy, J. Valentine, and B. Yost, Tactical edge characterization framework. vol 3: Evolution and application of the framework. MITRE Technical report, MTR080310, 2008.
- T. Erl, Service-oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design, 1st ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR, 2005.
- J. H. Sheehan, P. H. Deitz, B. E. Bray, B.A. Harris and A.B.H. Wong, "The military missions and means framework," in Proceedings of the Interservice/Industry Training and Simulation and Education Conference, Orlando: FL, pp. 655-663, 2003.
- M. P. Johnson, H. Rowaihy, D. Pizzocaro, A. Bar-Noy, S. Chalmers, T. F. La-Porta, and A. Preece, "Sensor-mission assignment in constrained environments," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 21, No. 11, pp. 1692-1705, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2010.36
- C. Rueda, N. Galbraith, R. A. Morris, L.E. Bermudez, J. Graybeal, and R.A. Arko, The MMI device ontology: enabling sensor integration, AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, Dec. 2010.
- D. Russomanno, C. Kothari, and O. Thomas, "Building a sensor ontology: a practical approach leveraging ISO and OGC models," in Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Las Vegas: NV, pp. 637-643, 2005.
- I. Niles, and A. Pease, "Origins of the standard upper merged ontology: a proposal for the IEEE standard upper ontology," in Working Notes of the IJCAI-2001 Workshop on the IEEE Standard Upper Ontology, Seattle: WA, 2001.
- A. Robin, S. Havens, S. Cox, J. Ricker, R. Lake, and H. Niedzwiadek, OpenGIS sensor model language (SensorML) implementation specification, Technical report, Open Geospatial Consortium Inc., 2006.
- M. Gomez, A. D. Preece, M. P. Johnson, G. de Mel, W. Vasconcelos, C. Gibson, A. Bar-Noy, K. Borowiecki, T. F. La Porta, D. Pizzocaro, H. Rowaihy, G. Pearson, and T. Pham, "An ontology-centric approach to sensor-mission assignment," in Proceedings of International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management Knowledge Patterns(EKAW), Acitrezza: Italy, pp. 347-363, 2008.
- M. Paolucci, T. Kawamura, T.R. Payne, and K.P. Sycara, "Semantic matching of web services capabilities," in Proceedings of the First International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), Sardinia: Italy, pp. 333-347, 2002.
- G. Fenza, V. Loia, and S. Senatore, "A hybrid approach to semantic web services matchmaking," International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 808-828, August. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijar.2008.01.005
- G. Cassar, P. Barnaghi, W. Wang, and K. Moessner, "A hybrid semantic matchmaker for IoT services," in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communications, Besancon: France, pp. 210-216, 2012.
- S. Shin, H. Koo, and I. Ko, "A mission situation oriented dynamic service composition framework," in Proceedings of Korea Conference on Software Engineering, Pyeongchang: Korea, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2013.
- Universal joint task list(UJTL) [Internet]. Available: http://www.dtic.mil/cjcs_directives/cdata/unlimit/m350004.pdf
- The army universal task list (AUTL) [Internet]. Available: www.apd.army.mil/doctrine/DR_pubs/dr_a/pdf/fm7_15.pdf
- G. M. Levchuk, Y. N. Levchuk, J. Luo, K. R. Pattipati, and D. L. Kleinman, "Normative design of organizations. I. Mission planning," in IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 346-359, May. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCA.2002.802819
- OWL web ontology language [Internet]. Available: http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/
- Protege 3.5 [Internet], Available : http://protege.stanford.edu/
- SPARQL Query language for RDF, W3C Recommendation [Internet]. Available : http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/