- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
WLAN OFDMA Random Access Based Communications for In-Aircraft Wireless Sensor Networks
비행체 무선 센서망을 위한 무선랜 OFDMA 임의접근 기반 통신
Ahn, Woojin;Kim, Ronny Yongho
- Received : 2016.05.24
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this paper a novel access scheme for uplink multiuser transmission based on IEEE 802.11ax random access in in-aircraft wireless sensor networks is proposed. The proposed scheme provides an efficient access control mechanism with three divisions of OFDMA backoff counter (OBO): access, deferring, dropping, which controls the number of potential uplink transmission stations. The proposed scheme can be used efficiently in in-aircraft wireless sensor network where a large number of sensors need to be supported. By using the proposed scheme, since in-aircraft sensors attempt channel access using the proposed differentiated OBO parameters, the number of stations exceeds the access capacity can be efficiently controlled. This paper also provides the mathematical analysis of the proposed scheme, regarding the optimal parameters. According to the performance analysis, the proposed scheme is able to efficiently control the access behavior of wireless sensors in the network.
In-aircraft wireless sensor network;Wireless local area network;Internet of things;Random access;Load balancing
- S. Lee, D. Yoon and D. Kim. "In-vehicular wireless sensor network technology." Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineerings, Vol. 54, No. 12, pp. 32-35, Dec. 2014.
- IEEE Computer Society, "IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, IEEE 802.11", Mar. 2012
- R. Stacey, Proposed draft specification, IEEE 802.11 TGax, Piscataway: NJ, 16/24r1, pp. 1-159, Jan. 2016.
- S. Shilo, 11ax support for IoT - requirements and technological implications, IEEE 802.11 TGax, Piscataway: NJ, 15/1375r1, pp. 1-21, Nov. 2015.
- L. G. Roberts, "ALOHA packet system with and without slots and capture," SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 28-42, Apr. 1975. https://doi.org/10.1145/1024916.1024920
- W. Ahn, R. Y. Kim and Y. Y. Kim, "An energy efficient multi-user uplink transmission scheme in the next generation WLAN for internet of things," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (Online Journal), 2016, pp. 1-9, May. 2016.
Supported by : 정보통신기술센터