- Volume 20 Issue 3
In this paper, we propose a computationally efficient direction of arrival (DoA) estimation algorithm based on propagator method with non-uniform array. While the co-prime array techniques can improve the resolution of DoA, they generally lead to high computational complexity as the length of the coarray aperture. To reduce the complexity we use the propagator method that does not require singular value decomposition (SVD). Through simulations, we compare MUSIC with uniform lineary array, propagator method with uniform linear array, MUSIC with co-prime array, and the proposed scheme and observe that the performance of the proposed scheme is significantly better than MUSIC or propagator method with uniform linear array while it is slightly worse than computationally much more expensive co-prime array MUSIC scheme.
Direction of arrival;Coprime array;Propagator method;Non-uniform array;Multiple signal classification
- R. O. Shcmidt, "Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 34, No. 3, 1986.
- R. Roy and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT-estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp. 984-995, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/29.32276
- A. Barabell, "Improving the resolution performance of eigenstructure-based direction-finding algorithms," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP'83), Boston: MA, Vol. 8, pp. 336-339, April, 1983.
- R. Kumaresan and D.W.Tufts, "Estimating the angles of arrival of multiple plane waves," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. AES-19, No. 1, pp. 134-139, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.1983.309427
- S. Marcos, A. Marsal and M. Benidir, "The propagator method for source bearing estimation," Signal Processing, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp.121-138, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1684(94)00122-G
- P. Palanisamy and A. R. Nandan, "A new L-shape 2-dimensional angle of arrival estimation based on Propagator Method," in TENCON 2008-2008 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Hyderabad: Pakistan, pp. 1-6, 2008.
- J. Xin, J. Wang, N. Zheng, and A. Sano, "Subspace-based two-dimensional direction estimation and tracking of multiple targets," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 1386-1402, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2014.130018
- A. Moffet, "Minimum-redundancy linear arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 172-175, 1968. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1968.1139138
- P. Pal and P. P. Vaidyanathan, "Nested arrays: a novel approach to array processing with enhanced degrees of freedom," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 58, No. 8, pp. 4167-4181, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2010.2049264
- P. Pal and P. P. Vaidyanathan, "Sparse sensing with coprime arrays," in 2010 Conference Record of the Forty Fourth Asilomar Conference on Signals and Computers (ASILOMAR), Pacific Grove: CA, pp.1405-1409, 2010.
- P. Pal and P. P. Vaidyanathan, "Coprime sampling and the music algorithm," Digital Signal Processing Workshop and IEEE Signal Processing Education (DSP/SPE), Sedona: AZ, pp. 289 - 294, 2011.
- S. Qin, Y.D. Zhang and M.G. Amin, "Generalized coprime array configurations for direction-of-arrival estimation," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 65, No. 6, pp. 1377 - 1390, 2015.
- J. Xin and A. Sano, "Computationally efficient subspace-based method for direction-of-arrival estimation without eigendecomposition," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp.876-893, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2004.823469
- P. Stoica and K. Sharman, "Maximum likelihood methods for direction-of-arrival estimation," IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Vol. 38, No. 7, pp. 1132-1143, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/29.57542
- D. S. Yoo, "A Low complexity subspace-based DOA estimation algorithm with uniform linear array correlation matrix subsampling," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2015, Article ID323545, pp.10, 2015.
Supported by : 한국연구재단