- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Precision evaluation of crown prosthesis manufactured by two bur and three bur
2종류의 버와 3종류의 버를 이용해 제작된 크라운 보철물의 정밀도 평가
- Received : 2015.12.30
- Accepted : 2016.06.03
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to assess precision of crown prostheses that were fabricated by using 2 kinds of bur or 3 kinds of bur. Methods: The crowns were fabricated by using the first molar of the right maxillary in this study. The abutments that were prepared were scanned by using a scanner and designed by using CAD software. Based on the crown design, NC data were created with CAM software. The created NC data were used while fabricating the crown prostheses by using 5-axis milling machine. Scanning was done for the internal and external surface of the completed crown prostheses and 3-dimensional measurement was conducted for precision assessment. Results: The
Dental CAD/CAM systems;Milling bur;Milling machine;Precision;Three-dimensional evaluation;5-axis milling
- Al Wazzan, KA, Al-Nazzawi A A. Marginal and internal adaptation of commercially pure titanium and titanium-aluminum-vanadium alloy cast restorations. J Contemp Dent Pract, 8(1), 19-26, 2007.
- Beuer F, Schweiger J, Edelhoff D. Digital dentistry: an overview of recent developments for CAD/CAM generated restorations. British dental journal, 204(9), 505-511, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.2008.350
- Bidra AS, Taylor TD, Agar JR. Computer-aided technology for fabricating complete dentures: systematic review of historical background, current status, and future perspectives. J Prosthet Dent, 109(6), 361-366, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(13)60318-2
- Bosch G, Ender A, Mehl A. A 3-dimensional accuracy analysis of chairside CAD/CAM milling processes. J Prosthet Dent, 112(6), 1425-1431, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2014.05.012
- Fasbinder DJ. Computerized technology for restorative dentistry. Am J Dent, 26(3), 115-120, 2013.
- International Organization for Standardization. ISO-12836:2015: Dentistry -- Digitizing devices for CAD/CAM systems for indirect dental restorations -- Test methods for assessing accuracy. International Organization for Standardization. Geneva: Switzerland; 2012. Available at: http://www.iso.org/iso/store.htm.
- Kim DH, Kim BH, Pyoun YS, Choi BK. Structured modeling of sculptured surface machining process. Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers 3(3), 192-200 (1998).
- Kim KB, Kim JH, Kim WC, Kim HY, Kim JH. Evaluation of the marginal and internal gap of metal-ceramic crown fabricated with a selective laser sintering technology: two-and three-dimensional replica techniques. J Adv Prosthodont, 5(2), 179-186, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4047/jap.2013.5.2.179
- Kim KB, Kim JH, Kim WC, Kim JH. Threedimensional evaluation of gaps associated with fixed dental prostheses fabricated with new technologies. J prosthet Dent, 112(6), 1432-1436, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2014.07.002
- Luthardt RG, Bornemann G, Lemelson S, Walter MH, Huls A. An innovative method for evaluation of the 3-D internal fit of CAD/CAM crowns fabricated after direct opical versus indirect laser scan digitizing. Int J Prosthodont, 17(6), 680-685, 2004.
- Ng J, Ruse D, Wyatt C. A comparison of the marginal fit of crowns fabricated with digital and conventional methods. J prosthet Dent, 112(3), 555-560, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2013.12.002
- Miyazaki T, Hotta Y, Kunii J, Kuriyama S, Tamaki Y. A review of dental CAD/CAM: current status and future perspectives from 20 years of experience. Dent Mater J, 28(1), 44-56, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4012/dmj.28.44
- Moldovan O, Luthardt RG, Corcodel N, Rudolph H. Three-dimensional fit of CAD/CAM-made zirconia copings. Dent Mater, 27(12), 1273-1278, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2011.09.006
- Penate L, Basilio J, Roig M, Mercad? M. Comparative study of interim materials for direct fixed dental prostheses and their fabrication with CAD/CAM technique. J Prosthet Dent, 114(2), 248-253, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2014.12.023
- Persson A, Andersson M, Oden A, Sandborgh-Englund G. A three-dimensional evaluation of a laser scanner and a touch-probe scanner. J Prosthet Dent, 95(3), 194-200, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2006.01.003
- Persson A, Andersson M, Oden A, Sandborgh-Englund G. Computer aided analysis of digitized dental stone replicas by dental CAD/CAM technology. Dent Mater 24(8), 1123-1130, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2008.01.008
- Quaas S, Rudolph H, Luthardt RG. Direct mechanical data acquisition of dental impressions for the manufacturing of CAD/restorations. J Dent 35(12), 903-908, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2007.08.008
- Schaefer O, Watts DC, Sigusch BW, Kuepper H, Guentsch A. Marginal and internal fit of pressed lithium disilicate partial crowns in vitro: a three-dimensional analysis of accuracy and reproducibility. Dent Mater, 28(3), 320-326, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2011.12.008
- Tinschert J, Natt G, Hassenpflug S, Spiekermann H. Status of current CAD/CAM technology in dental medicine. Int J Comput Dent 7(1), 25-45, 2004.
- XB Lei, F Xie, JW Zhao. Design of a 5-Axis CNC Machine Tool Applied to Dental Restoration. Key Engineering Materials, 568, 75-80, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.568.75