- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between the Personality Type, Major Satisfaction, Job Satisfaction and Desired job position of Dental Technology Students
일 대학 치기공과 재학생의 성격유형과 전공 및 직업만족도, 희망직무와의 관계
- Received : 2016.04.27
- Accepted : 2016.06.09
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose: This study aims to offer fundamental data to develop a career program that helps the dental technology students find a proper and desired job position and to be satisfied with their job. To this goal, we analysed the differences found between the personality type, major satisfaction, job satisfaction, and preference in job position among the dental technology students. Method: We conducted a survey using Myers-Briggs Type Indicator among the subjects who are sophomores and juniors of the dental technology department of a university in Gangwon province. Our analysis was grounded on 130 valid questionnaires. Results: The results are summarized as follows: In personality type ESTJ turned out the highest as 20.0%, while ENTP was the lowest as 0.8%. The preference was revealed as Extraversion (66.9%), Sensing (74.6%), Feeling (50.8%), Judging (61.5%) respectively. Of the general characteristics, only the religious or non-religious state was statistically meaningful as (p<. 05) in emotional type (F). No statistical significance was found in the major satisfaction. The job satisfaction was statistically meaningful as p<. 05 in Judgemental type (J). GPA was statistically significant as p<. 05 in the sensory type of the personality type. Desired job position was statistically meaningful as p<. 05 in emotional and cognitive types. Conclusion: We found a meaningful difference in the job satisfaction and the desired job position with respect to the personality type of dental technology students. However clear explanation of the correlations among these factors requires a more comprehensive survey and various approaches from the personality and psychology tests, which is to follow.
Dental Technology;Satisfaction;Personality Type
- Choi MY. Analysis of cosmetology-majored students'personality types and ability to perform studies. Konkuk university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2011.
- Han AK, Kim OS, Won JS. A study on job stress and coping method by the personality types of clinical nurses. J of Korean clinical nursing research, 13(2), 125-136, 2007.
- Han EK, Kim JC. Relationship among the MBTI personality types and academic achievements according to gender of university students. J of educational research, 14(2), 149-172, 2007.
- Hong CS. Research on the level of academic achievement by the MBTI type of personality of the middle and high school student. Kangwon national university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2009.
- Jang HJ, Kim MA. Temperament by MBTI personality types, learning styles and learning strategies in nursing students. The J of the Korea contents association, 14(9), 400-410, 2014.
- Jung MJ, Park SY. The components of love and the types of love according to the MBTI personality types. J of human ecology, 5(1), 35-54, 2003.
- Kang MJ. An study on the relationship among MBTI personality types, job satisfaction, customer orientation and turnover intention. Ulsan university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2014.
- Kim EJ, Lim JY, Lee HI. A study on MBTI personality type and learning organization. The J of Korean nursing administration academic society, 11(3), 265-273, 2005.
- Kim HJ. Relationship of personality type to stress-coping pattern and school adjustment among high school students. Konkuk university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2010.
- Kim HS. The effects of achievement goal orientation and self-efficacy on course interests and academic achievement in medical students. J of Korean academy of psychiatric and mental health nursing. 12(4), 385-393, 2003.
- Kim JK. Organization members' personality pattern and organizational effectiveness. Kwangwoon university, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, 2006.
- Kim MJ, Park KP, Seo DG, Ihm JJ. The relationship between dental graduate students' MBTI types and academic achievement in problem-based learning. Korean J of medical education, 26(4), 291-297, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2014.26.4.291
- Kim RH. The analysis on how MBTI personality type can influence on the job stress and coping method of care helpers. Sahmyook university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2011.
- Kim SY. Relationship between personality type on MBTI and adolescent's school adjustment. Sookmyung women's university, Unpublished master's thesis, 1999.
- Lee KB, Lee TY, Lee HC. The study of emotional experience to MBTI personality type in university students. J of Korean clinical health science, 2(3), 188-194, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2014.2.3.188
- Lee YH, Lee YM, Kim DK. The relationship between personality types and the academic achievement levels of dental Students. The J of the human development, 16(1), 179-196, 2009.
- Lim SH, Kim TH, Park JI. MBTI personality types and MMPI clinical characteristics profiles of clients at college counseling centers. The Korea J of youth counseling, 16(2), 91-104, 2008.
- Oh YK, Jang JY, Park SH, Ryu SY. The characteristics of the Myers-Briggs type indicator in premedical students. The medical J of chosun university, 32(1), 19-27, 2007.
- Park JS. An analysis of the difference of the technical high school students'stress coping behavior in MBTI personality type. Konkuk university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2002.
- Park JY, Park WS. An empirical study on the relationship between personality and academic achievement. J of Korean academy of organization and management, 29(3), 95-124, 2005.
- Park SH. The relevance of MBTI personality types to mathematics preference and academic achievement. Kookmin university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2005.
- Park SJ. Effects of the differentiated method based on the type of MBTI personality on the learning of mathematics. Dongguk university, Unpublished master's thesis, 2014.
- Park JO. An empirical study on the effects of working condition and personality type on organizational effectiveness. Incheon national university, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, 2013.
- Yoon HK. The relations among MBTI preferences, study types and learning strategies. Kookmin university, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, 2012.