- Volume 29 Issue 3
Ancient books from East Asia, especially, Korea, China and Japan, are all written in Chinese. Ancient mathematical books like 九章算術(Gujang Sansul in Korean sound, Jiuzhang Suanshu in Chinese) is not exceptional and also was written in Chinese. The book 九章算術音義(Gujang Sansul Eumeui in Korean, Jiuzhang Suanshu Yinyi in Chinese), a dictionary-like book on 九章算術was published by official 李籍(Lǐ Jí) of 唐(Tang) dynasty (AD 618-907). We discuss how to pronounce Chinese characters based on 九章算術音義. To do so, we compare the pronunciation of the characters used in the words which are explained in 九章算術音義, to those of the current Korean and Chinese. Surprisingly, the pronunciations of the Chinese characters are almost all accordant with those of both Korean and Chinese.
- KIM Jin Myung, The War of Characters, 2015. 김진명, 글자전쟁, 2015.
- REE Sangwook, KOH Youngmee, On the publication of Hong JeongHa's GuIlJib, Journal for History of Mathematics 28(5) (2015), 233-248. 이상욱, 고영미, 홍정하의 구일집의 저술에 관하여, Journal for History of Mathematics 28(5) (2015), 233-248. https://doi.org/10.14477/jhm.2015.28.5.233
- SHIN Chae Ho, PARK Ki Bong (tr.), The Ancient History of Joseon, BiBong Publisher, 2013. 단재 신채호 원저, 박기봉 옮김, 조선상고사, 비봉출판사, 2013.
- ZHANG Ji Cheng(張其成), Huangdi NeiJing(黃帝內經), Reading Human Bodies, Translated by OH SuHyeon, Panmidong, 2015. 장치청, 오수현 옮김, 황제내경, 인간의 몸을 읽다, 판미동, 2015.
- Daum Chinese Dictionary, 다음 중국어사전. http://dic.daum.net/index.do?dic=ch&t__nil_site=chdic (2016.4.18.)
- Encyclopedia of Korean Culture, 한국민족문화대백과사전. http://encykorea.aks.ac.kr (2016.4.18.)
- Naver Chinese Dictionary, 네이버 중국어사전. http://www.naver.com (2016.4.18.)
- Wikipedia Korea, 위키페디아. https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/