- Volume 29 Issue 3
Luca Pacioli was a Franciscan friar, a prolific writer, a devoted teacher, a mathematician and a close friend of Leonardo da Vinci. He is also known to be the"father of accounting". He is best remembered for his two books on mathematics: "Summa de Arithmetica Geometria Proportioni et Proportionalita" and "De divina proportione". These two books, which were printed in the field of mathematics for the first time by using Gutenberg's printing technology, contributed to the development of mathematics in Europe. In this paper, we investigate various aspects of his life and mathematical contribution of Pacioli based on these two books.
- Fabio Maia Bertato, Fra Luca Pacioli and his "Divine proportion", Proc. HPM2004 & ESU4(Uppsala)(2006), 31-35.
- Fabio Maia Bertato & Itala Maria Loffredo D'Ottaviano, Luca Pacioli and the Controversy of the Perspective, Revista Brasileira de Historia da Matematica Especial no 1 , dezembro(2007).
- F. CAMEROTA, Teaching Euclid in a Practical Context: Linear Perspective and Practical Geometry, Science & Education,15(2-4) March(2006), 323-334. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11191-004-3054-1
- CHOI Dal-su, Luca Pacioli's Life and Formation of Double Entry of Book Keeping, Journal of social science research, 3(2) (1997), 259-291. 최달수, 파치올리의 생애와 복식부기의 성립, 사회과학연구, 3(2) (1997), 259-291.
- F. R. GLUSHKOVA, S. S. GLUSHKOV, The geometrical part of Pacioli's 'Summa' (Russian), in History and methodology of the natural sciences XXIX (Moscow, 1982), 57-63.
- S. A. JAYAWARDENE, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990)
- Katz, Victor J., A history of mathematics, HarperCollins College Publishers, 1993.
- Akira NAKANISHI, On The Life of Luca Pacioli, The Accounting Historians Journal 6(2) Fall(1979).
- Luca PACIOLI, Summa de arithmatica, geometrica, proportional et proportionalita, Paganini, 1523.
- Rabinowitz, M. ALLAN, Who Was Luca Pacioli?, CPA Journal 79(2) (Feb. 2009), 12-14.
- Javier Docampo Rey, Reading Luca Pacioli's Summa in Catalonia: An early 16th-century Catalan manuscript on algebra and arithmetic, Historia Mathematica 33(1) (February 2006), 43-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hm.2005.03.004
- Alan Sangster and Giovanna Scataglinibelghtar, Luca Pacioli: The Father of Accounting Education, Accounting Education: an international journal 19(4) (August 2010), 423-438. https://doi.org/10.1080/09639284.2010.501955
- Sangster, Alan; Stoner, Gregory N; McCarthy, Patricia, "THE MARKET FOR LUCA PACIOLI'S SUMMA ARITHMETICA" (PDF). Accounting Historians Journal 35(1) (2008): 111-134. (Retrieved 29 January 2015) https://doi.org/10.2308/0148-4220.127.116.11
- Gabriel Smedresman, Geofroy Tory and the Renaissance Reconstruction of the Roman Capital Alphabet.
- RUTH TATLOW, The Use and Abuse of Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Section in Musicology Today, Understanding Bach 1, 69-85
- Taylor, R. Emmett, Pacioli, Accounting Review 10(2), 168.
- Taylor, R. Emmett, Journal of Accountancy 172(5) (Nov, 1991), 95-102.