- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Late 19th century Children's Costumes and Games of Genre Paintings by Jungeun Kim
19세기말 풍속화가 기산 김준근이 그린 삽화 속 어린이 놀이문화와 복식에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.04.08
- Accepted : 2016.05.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study surveys children's costumes and games from the 11 Genre paintings by Junkeun Kim in the book "Korean Games(Stewart Culin 1858-1929)". The character of the general dress-costumes, games and the culture of life from the late
genre painting;children's costumes;Korean games for children
- Bak, E. Y. (2015, February 10). Who is the 'Korean Picaso' Kisan Kim Jungeun in the late Chosun. News-Chunji. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://www.newscj.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=276642
- Choi, E. J. (2012). A study on the late 19th century basic costumes and games based on genre paintings by Kisan Jungeun Kim -Referred from the book Korean Games-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 14(5), 766-777. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.5.766 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.5.766
- Choi, C. H. (1998). Traditional leisure life through Korean folk-play. Korean Journal of Leisure, Recreation & Park, 15, 219-228.
- Chong, P. M. (1992). (A) study on the genre painting in the second half of the Choson dynasty. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Dongguk University, Seoul.
- Chung, H. J., & Choi, S. J. (2004). A study of the costume colors in the late Chosun Dynasty: Seen through genre paintings by Kim Junkeun. Journal of Korean Traditional Costume, 7(2), 55-62.
- Doosan encyclopedia. (2013). Doopedia. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1159139&cid=40942&categoryId=33050
- Encyclopedia of Korean Culture. (2015). the Academy of Korean Studies. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=580776&cid=46615&categoryId=46615)
- Ha, S. H. (2000). The study of Korean traditional children's dress and its ornaments. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Hong, M. H. (2005). A study of children's Durumagi(Korean Traditional coat). Journal of JangAn, 25, 553-562.
- Hong, N. Y. (2008). The periodization of men's coat(Peonbokpo) of the Joseon dynasty based on excavated costumes. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 58(5), 118-133.
- Johan, Huizinga. (1998). Homo Ludens : A study of the play-element in culture (Y. S. Kim, Trans.). Seoul: Kachi Gulbang. (Original work published 1938)
- Kim, G. M. (2001). Folk Games. Seoul: Dewonsa.
- Kang, S. C., & Kim, E. J. (2008). A study of the types of winter caps found in the literature of the Joseon dynasty. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 58(7), 133-150.
- Kim, E. J., & Lee, S. E. (2010). A study of children's costumes in the late Joseon dynasty period. Proceedings of the Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, Fall Conference, Korea, pp. 78-83.
- Kim, J. A. (2011). A study on children's clothing in Korean after the open-door period. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. I. (1988). Relighting of games in the traditional culture. Christian Thought, 8, 24-35.
- 'Kisan Kim Jungeun, painting, artist, illustrator'. (2016, January 14). The turn of the screw blog. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://theturnofthescrew.khan.kr/168
- National Institute of Korean Language. (1999). Standard Korean Dictionary. Seoul: DooSan Dong-A.
- Lee, J. M. (2000). A study of children's education of traditional society-about genre painting on the Joseon-. Journal of Daegu Future College, 18(1), 279-294.
- Lee, T. H. (2015, December 10). Kisan Kim Jungeun(2), Lee Taehoal's Korean painting blog. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://blog.daum.net/lthwal/14033655
- Moon, K. H., Moon, M. O., & Ham, Y. J. (2009). Children’s wear designs applying fork game characters. Journal of Korean Traditional Costume, 12(1), 5-14.
- 'Professional of Chosun dynasty-artist Kim Jungeun'. (2010, August 4). EBS. Retrieved March 20, 2016, from http://www.ebs.co.kr/tv/show?prodId=348&lectId=3054217
- Stewart, C. (2003). Korean Games-with notes on the corresponding games of China and Japan (K. B. Yun, Trans.). Seoul: Youlhwadang. (Original work published 1985)
- Sung, G. M. (2009). Leisure space and play culture in the genre paints if late Chosun period artists. Journal of Tourism Science, 33(7), 57-73.
- The National Folk Museum of Korea. (2015). Folk culture of Gyeonggi. Seoul: Design Intro.
Supported by : 영산대학교