- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Segmentation of Chinese Fashion Product Consumers according to Internet Shopping Values and Their Online Word-of-Mouth and Purchase Behavior
인터넷 쇼핑가치에 따른 중국 패션제품 소비자 세분집단의 온라인 구전 및 구매행동
Yin, Mei;Yu, Haekyung;Hwang, Seona
- Received : 2016.03.02
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
The main purposes of this study were to segment Chinese consumers who purchase fashion products through internet commerce according to internet shopping values, to compare their online word-of-mouth acceptance and dissemination behavior, and to examine the demographic characteristics and purchase behavior of the segments. 715 questionnaires were collected through internet survey from January
internet shopping value;online word-of-mouth acceptance;online word-of-mouth dissemination;Chinese consumers;clothing selection criteria
- Babin, B. J., Darden, W. R., & Griffin, M. (1994). Work and/or fun: Measuring hedonic and utilitarian shopping value. Journal of Consumer Research, 20(4), 644-656. doi:10.1086/209376 https://doi.org/10.1086/209376
- Baik, S. L. (2005). An exploratory study of motives toward word of mouth activities on the internet. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, 7(1), 108-144.
- Chae, H. J., Park, S. Y., & Ko, E. J. (2016). A study on fashion brand online impression formation and its WOM effect according to online review types of supporters. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 18(1), 15-26. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.1.15 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.1.15
- Choi, M. Y. (2015). The characteristics of fashion consumption behaviors based on Chinese female consumers' clothing shopping orientation. Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, 15(2), 109-127.
- Choi, Y. E., & Lee, E. H. (2007). Pursuit of shopping value and risk perception in consumers participating in internet auction. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 45(5), 95-119.
- Hong, H. S. (2004). Attitude toward the website for apparel shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(11), 1482-1494.
- Jang, Y. S. (2009). A comparative study on the clothing and store attributes according to college students' shopping value between Korea and China. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Jo, H. J. (2009). The effects of shopping value on relationship quality and behavioral intention: Focusing on internet shopping. Journal of Marketing Management Research, 14(4), 1-8.
- Kim, E. Y. (2010). The effect of ambivalent shopping value on online word-of-mouth and purchase behavior of fashion products. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. M., & Kim, D. H. (2001). A study on the effects of the characteristics of internet shopping mall on shopping values and customer retention. Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 8(1), 61-87. doi:10.1080/12297119.2001.9707517 https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.2001.9707517
- Kim, J. Y., & Park, J. O. (2002). A study on the post-purchase satisfaction of clothing related to shopping value. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 26(3/4), 548-558.
- Lee, H. S., Kim, Y., & Jung, J. H. (1999). A study of practical/hedonic shopping value and shopping satisfaction. Korean Management Review, 28(2), 505-538.
- Lee, K. D. (2009). The empirical study of word of mouth effects on online communications. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Jeonju University, Jeonju.
- Lee, O. H. (2006). A study relationships between lifestyle and clothing and shopping orientation of Chinese female college students. Korean Association of Human Ecology, 9(2), 33-42.
- Park, H. H. (2011). The effect of Internet shopping orientations on clothing involvement and on line word-of-mouth in Chinese consumers. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Seo, C. (2013). Effect of risk perception on acceptance and transmission of word-of-mouth and satisfaction in Chinese internet shopping. Unpublished master's thesis, Baejae University, Daejeon.
- Seo, C., & Park, H. S. (2015). A study on e-WOM and satisfaction of Chinese online fashion product shoppers in their 20s. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 39(5), 765-777. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.5.765 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.5.765
- Shin, H. S. (2005). A study on the methods in terms of design aspect for revitalization of ecological riverfront space. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- '第34次中國互聯网絡發展狀况統就計報告' [The 34th Statistics Report of China's Development Status in Internet Business]. (2014, July). Retrieved October 1, 2014, from http://www.cnnic.cn/hlwfzyj/hlwxzbg/hlwtjbg/201407/P020140721507223212132.pdf
- '調査顯示68.5%大學生會网購 每月平均网購1.7次' [Investigation Result, Rising Online Shopping of Most University Students]. (2013, December 28). Retrieved October 1, 2014, from http://news.china.com.cn/txt/2013-12/28/content_31029050.htm
- '2013年中國网絡購物市場研究報告' [Research Report of China's Online Market in 2013]. (2012, December). Retrieved from July 20, 2014, from http://www.cnnic.cn/hlwfzyj/hlwxzbg/201409/P020140901332431510284.pdf
- Yang, Y., & Jo, M. J. (2000). Effect of word-of-mouth communication on consumer's attitude change. Korean Journal of Advertising, 11(3), 7-34.