- Volume 18 Issue 3
The purpose of this study is for size suitability and fitness improvement for Korean 20's women. This study has classified hip types of 20's women by the 6th Korean Anthropometric Survey(Size Korean), then compared their lower body-type by hip types each other. The results are as follows. Factor analysis in sorting hip types can be explained 77.72% by nine factors. And cluster analysis can be divided into three types. Type 1 is referred to as a general type which has the largest size in the 'Hip circumference', but the buttocks's horizontal sizes are in the middle size besides the hip line. Type 2 is referred to as a protruding type in upper buttocks which is large in protruding volume of upper buttocks, but the buttock's horizontal sizes are small including 'Hip circumference', and buttock's horizontal section form close to circle. Type 3 is referred to as a type which is contrary to Type 2. Type 3 is small in protruding volume of upper buttocks, but large in lower buttocks, and the protrusions in whole buttocks are small, so the side view of Type 3 made gentle fit shape. By these results, the study could classify lower body of 20's women, and it can be basic data for new sizing systems and pattern development of bottoms.
buttocks shape;body type classification;tight fit;anthropometric;lower body type
- '14/15 Fashion market analysis'. (2015, January 26). Samsungdesign.net. Retrieved October 2, 2015, from http://www.samsungdesing.net/
- Cho, Y. S. (2009). Relationship between hip shape and pattern using 3D body model. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(2), 226-275.
- Hahm, O. S., & Chung, I. H. (1999). A study on th slacks pattern for middle aged women based on their lower body shape analysis. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 7(6), 140-158.
- Kim, E. J. (2003). Actual state of wearing and dress evaluation by jeans types. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2009). Sizing systems for female adult's garments, 2009 (KS K 0051). Seoul: Author.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2010). The 6th Size Korea 3D scan & measurement technology report. Seoul: Goverment Printing Office.
- Lee, Y. J., Park, O. L., & Lee, J. O. (1997). The recognition and the somatotype analysis study of the women in 20's lower part of the body for slacks pattern. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 21(2), 368-382.
- Moon, M. O. (2001). A study on the young aged women's lower body types. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(8), 1420-1431.
- Park, J. H. (2003). Thesis on developing the patterns of blue jean slacks according to the types of lower body. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.
- Park, J. S. (2002). A study of the basic slacks pattern for middle-aged women based on the analysis of their lower-body shape. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Park, J. S., & Hahm, O. S. (2003). A study of the slacks pattern for the higher grades girls in elementary school based on the somatotype analysis of lower body(Part I). Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(1), 143-153.
- Park, J. Y. (2006). A study on the analysis of lower body type and jean pants pattern for early 20's adult women in china : Focused on the residents in beijing and shanghai. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Identification of the Relationship between Surface Variations of Lower Body Parts by Movement Using 3D Scan Data : A Focus on Women Aged 20 to 24 Years vol.67, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2017.67.3.081
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 전남대학교