- Volume 4 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
레이져를 이용한 도핑 특성과 선택적 도핑 에미터 실리콘 태양전지의 제작
Park, Sungeun;Park, Hyomin;Nam, Junggyu;Yang, JungYup;Lee, Dongho;Min, Byoung Koun;Kim, Kyung Nam;Park, Se Jin;Lee, Hae-Seok;Kim, Donghwan;Kang, Yoonmook;Kim, Dongseop
- 투고 : 2016.04.28
- 심사 : 2016.05.31
- 발행 : 2016.06.30
Laser-doped selective emitter process requires dopant source deposition, spin-on-glass, and is able to form selective emitter through SiNx layer by laser irradiation on desired locations. However, after laser doping process, the remaining dopant layer needs to be washed out. Laser-induced melting of pre-deposited impurity doping is a precise selective doping method minimizing addition of process steps. In this study, we introduce a novel scheme for fabricating highly efficient selective emitter solar cell by laser doping. During this process, laser induced damage induces front contact destabilization due to the hindrance of silver nucleation even though laser doping has a potential of commercialization with simple process concept. When the laser induced damage is effectively removed using solution etch back process, the disadvantage of laser doping was effectively removed. The devices fabricated using laser doping scheme power conversion efficiency was significantly improved about 1% abs. after removal the laser damages.
Selective emitter;Solar cells;Laser damage removal;Etch back;Ag contact
- Rahman MZ. Status of selective emitters for p-type c-Si solar cells. Optics and Photonics Journal 2012; 2:129-134. https://doi.org/10.4236/opj.2012.22018
- Hilali MM, To B, Rohatgi A. A review and understanding of screen-printed contacts and selective-emitter formation. Proceedings of 14th Workshop on Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells and Modules. Winter Park, Colorado, USA, 2004.
- Roder TC, Eisele SJ, Grabitz P, Wagner C, Kulushich G, Kohler JR, Werner JH. Add-on laser tailored selective emitter solar cells. Progress in Photovoltaics 2010; 18:505-510. https://doi.org/10.1002/pip.1007
- Rohatgi A, Meier DL, McPherson B, Ok YW, Upadhyaya AD, Lai JH, Zimbardi F. High-throughput ion-implantation for low-cost high-efficiency silicon solar cells. Energy Procedia 2012; 15:10-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2012.02.002
- Zhu LQ, Gong J, Huang J, She P, Zeng ML, Li L, Dai MZ, Wan Q. Improving the efficiency of crystalline silicon solar cells by an intersected selective laser doping. Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 2011; 95:3347-3351. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2011.07.028
- L. Debarge, M.Schott, J.C.Muller, R.Monna, Selective emitter formation with a single screen-printed p-doped paste deposition using out-diffusion in an RTP-step, Sol.EnergyMater. Sol.Cells 74(2002) 71. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-0248(02)00050-8
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단