- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Anti-Corrosion Performance of FRP Hybrid Bar with Notch in GGBFS Concrete
GGBFS 콘크리트에 매립된 Notch를 가진 FRP Hybrid Bar의 부식저항성 평가
- Received : 2016.02.25
- Accepted : 2016.03.09
- Published : 2016.07.01
Concrete structure is a construction material with durability and cost-benefit, however the corrosion in embedded steel causes a critical problem in structural safety. This paper presents an evaluation of chloride resistance and pull-off performance with various corrosion level. For the work, OPC(Ordinary Portland Cement) concrete and GGBFS(Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag) concrete are prepared with normal steel. Artificially notch induced FRP Hybrid Bar is also prepared and embedded in OPC concrete and accelerated corrosion test is performed. Through the test, FRP Hybrid Bar with notch is evaluated to have insignificant effect on pull-off capacity when corroded steel shows only 21% level of pull-off capacity. Furthermore GGBFS concrete with normal steel shows over 70% level of pull-off capacity due to reduced corrosion currency.
Durability;Corrosion;Pull-off test;GGBFS;FRP hybrid bar
- ACI Committee 440 (2006), Guide for the Design and Construction of concrete reinforce with FRP bars.
- Ahmed, E. R., Farid, A., and Abdullah, A. R. (2015), Structural performance and Serviceability of Concrete Beams Reinforced with Hybrid (GFRP and Steel) Bars, Construction and Building Materials, 96, 519-529.
- Almusallam, T. H. (2006), Load-deflection Behavior RC Beams Strengthened with GFRP Sheets Subjected to Different Environmental Conditions, Cement and Concrete Composites, 28, 879-889. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2006.07.017
- Arribas, I., Vegas, I., San-Jose, J. T., and Manso, J. (2014), Durability Studies on steelmaking slag concretes, Materials and Design, 63, 168-176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2014.06.002
- ASTM C234-91a (1991), Standard Test Method for Comparing Concretes on the Basis of the Bond Developed with Reinforcing Steel, American Society for Testing and Materials annual book of standards.
- Bellezze, T., Malavolta, M., Quaranta, A., and Roventi, G. (2006), Corrosion Behaviour in Concrete of Three Differently Galvanized Steel Bar, Cement and Concrete Composites, 28, 246-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2006.01.011
- Broomfiled, J. P. (1997), Corrosion of Steel in Concrete: Understanding, Investigation and Repair, E&FN, 1-15.
- Choi, I. C., and Jung, D. J. (2013), Shear Behavior of Concrete Beams Reinforced With FRP Bar, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment and Safety, 19(4), 403-409. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.4.403
- Choi, O. C., Kim, C. H., Shin, Y. S., and Hong, G. S. (1994), Performance Tests of Epoxy-Coated Reinforcing Bars: Mecharical Properties, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 6(3), 173-179.
- Choi, S. J., Mun, J. M., Park, K. T., Park, C. W., and Kwon, S.-J. (2015), Characteristics of Flexural Capacity and Ultrasonic in RC member with Corroded Steel and FRP Hybrid Bar, The Korea Contents Society, 15(8), 397-407.
- Chung, L., Jay kim, J. H., and Yi, S. T. (2008), Bond Strength Prediction for Reinforced Concrete Members with Highly Corroded Reinforcing Bars, Cement and Cocncrete Composites, 30(7), 603-611. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2008.03.006
- Correia, J. R., Branco, F. A., and Ferreira, J. G. (2007), Flexural Behaviour of GFRP-Concrete Hybrid Beams with Interconnection Slip, Composite Structures, 77, 66-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2005.06.003
- Hakan, Y., Ozgur, E., and Serhan, S. (2012), An Experimental Study on the Bond Strength between Reinforcement Bars and Concrete as a Function of Concrete Cover, Strength and Corrosion Level, Cement and Concrete Research, 42(5), 643-655. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2012.01.003
- KCI (2008), Design and Construction Guide of Concrete Structures with Reinforcement of FRP, Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute, Korea Concrete Institute, 20(1), 67.
- KICT (2013), Development of Enhancing Life Span Technology for Waterfront Structures using FRP Hybrid Bar, Korea Institute of Engineering and Building Technology.
- Kim, E. K., Kim, J. K., Lee, D. H., Kim, Y. U., and Kim, Y. C. (2004), A Study on Corrosion Resistance of the Reinforcement in Concrete Using Blast-Furnace Slag Powder, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 16(1), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2004.16.1.001
- Lee, S. H., and Kwon, S. J. (2012), Experimental Study on the Relationship between Time-Dependent Chloride Diffusion Coefficient and Compressive Strengt, Jounal of Korea Concrete Institute, 24(6), 715-726. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.6.715
- Lee, S. S., and Song, H, Y. (2007), An Experimental Study on the Durability and Mechanical Properties of High Performance Concrete using Blast-Furnace Slag Powder, Journal of The Archtectural Institute of Korea Structure and Construction, 23(11), 119-126.
- Mohammed, M., Hussein, A. T., Abul, K. A., and Shamsad, A. (2014), A Comparative Study of Corrosion Resistance of Different Coatings for Mortar-Embedded Steel Plates, Construction and Building Materials, 56, 74-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.01.059
- Oh, B. H., Um, J. Y., and Kwon, J. H. (1992), An Experimental Study on Corrosion Resistance of Epoxy Coated Reinforcements, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 4(4), 161-170.
- Sadegh, P. A., Chan, D., and Ali, K. (2015), Corrosion Protection of the Reinforceing Steels in Chloride-Laden Concrete Environment Through Expoy/polyniline-camphorsulfonate, Corrosion Science, 90, 239-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corsci.2014.10.015
- Sen, T., and Jagannatha Reddy, H. N. (2013), Strengthening of RC Beams in Flexure using Natural Jute Fibre Textile Reinforced Composite System and its Comparative Study with CFRP and GFRP Strengthening Systems, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, 2(1), 41-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsbe.2013.11.001
- Seo, D. W., Park, K. T., You, Y. J., and Kim, H. Y. (2013), Enhancement in Elastic Modulus of GFRP Bars by Material Hybridization, Enginerring, 5, 685-869.
- Song, H. W., Kwon, S. J., Lee, S. W., Byun, K. J. (2003), A Study on Resistance of Chloride Ion Penetration in Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace Slag Concrete, Jounal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 15(3), 400-408. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2003.15.3.400
- Song, H. W., Pack, S. W., Lee, S. H., and Kwon, S.-J. (2006), Service Life Prediction of Concrete Structures under Marine Environmnet Considering Coupled Deterioration, Journal of Restoration of Building and Monument, 12(1), 265-284.
- Tondolo, F. (2015), Bond Behaviour with reinforcement corrosion, Construction and Building Materials, 93, 929-932.
- Zhang, H., He, L., and Li, G. (2015), Bond Failure Performances between Near-Surface Mounted FRP Bars and Concrete for Flexural Strengthening Concrete Structures, Engineering Failure Analysis, 56, 39-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2015.04.018
Grant : FRP Hybrid Bar를 활용한 해양항만구조물 수명향상기술 개발
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원