- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Calcium Leaching Resistance for Concrete Mixed with Mineral Admixture
광물질 혼화재를 혼합한 콘크리트의 칼슘용출 저항 특성
- Received : 2016.02.26
- Accepted : 2016.04.04
- Published : 2016.07.01
Concrete is a very useful construction material for the sealing disposal of hazardous substances. In general, mass concrete is applied to these structures. And, the mineral admixtures are recommended for the long term performance. Calcium leaching could be happened due to the contact with pure water in underground structures. Thus, it is needed to evaluate the resistance of calcium leaching for concrete mixed with mineral admixtures. From the test results, the mineral admixtures are effective to the improvement of long term compressive strength and chloride diffusion coefficient in concrete members. When calcium leaching is happened, however, the reduction of compressive strength and chloride penetration resistance is severe than OPC case, the micro pore distribution is adversely affected. Consequently, when the mineral admixtures are applied to underground structures which is exposed to calcium leaching environment, it is desirable to reduce water-to-binder ratio, to expose after the sufficient pozolanic reaction, and to use BFS than FA.
Calcium leaching resistance;Mineral admixtures;Compressive strength;Chloride diffusion coefficient;Micro pore structures
- ASTM D 4284 (2007), Standard Test Method for Determining Pore Volume Distribution of Catalysts by Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry, 2007.
- Bae, J. S., and Park, G. J. (2010), The Diffusion Property of Chloride Ion into Concrete by Electrically Accelerated Method, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 14(3), 138-143(in Korean).
- Carde, C., Escadeillas, G., and Francois, R. (1997), Use of Ammonium Nitrate Solution to Simulate and Accelerate the Leaching of Cement Pastes due to Deionized Water, Magazine of Concrete Research, 49(181), 295-301. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.1922.214.171.1245
- Chio, Y. S., Jang, Y. H., Choi, S. Y., Kim, I. S., and Yang, E. I. (2014), Analytical Study on Structural Behavior of Surface Damaged Concrete Member by Calcium Leaching Degradation Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 18(4), 22-32 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2014.18.4.022
- Choi, Y. S., and Yang, E. I. (2013), Effect of Calcium Leaching on the Pore Structure, Strength, and Chloride Penetration Resistance in Concrete Specimens, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 237, 126-136.
- Haga, K., Sutou, S., and Hironaga, M. (2005), Effect of Porosity on Leaching of Ca from Hardened Ordinary Portland Cement Paste, Cement and Concrete Research, 35(9), 1764-1775. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2004.06.034
- Hauyan, M., Hongfa, Y., and Wei, S. (2013), Freezing-thawing Durability and its Improvement of High Strength Shrinkage Compensation Concrete with High Volume Mineral Admixtures, Construction and Building Materials, 39, 124-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.05.025
- Kari, O. P., and Puttonen J. (2014), Simulation of Concrete Deterioration in Finnish Rock Cavern Conditions for Final Disposal of Nuclear Waste, Annals of Nuclear Energy, 72, 20-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anucene.2014.04.035
- Kim, J. Y., Kim, J. Y., Jung, H. R., and Kim, E. H. (2013), Gas Threshold Pressure and Gas Permeability of Silo Concrete Specimens for a low- and Intermediate-Level Waste Disposal Facility in Korea, Annals of Nuclear Energy, 55, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anucene.2012.12.012
- Kim, Y. K., Lee, B. S., and Lee, Y. H. (2005), A Study on the Methodology to Ensure Long-Term Durability of Low and Intermediate Level Radwaste Disposal Concrete Structure, Proceedings of the Korean Radioactive Waste Society Conference The Korean Radioactive Waste Society, 212-220(in Korean).
- Min, J. W. (2011), The Statistical Hypothesis Verification to Influence of Addition of Metakaolin and Silica Fume on Compressive Strength and Chloride Ion Penetration of High Strength Concrete, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 15(1), 215-225(in Korean). https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2011.15.1.215
- Saito, H., and Deguchi, A. (2000), Leaching Tests on Different Mortars Using Accelerated Electrochemical Method, Cement and Concrete Research, 30(11), 1815-1825. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(00)00377-X
- Sheen, J. J. (2002), A Study on the Radiation Shielding Analysis for LILW Vitrification Facility, Department of Nuclear Engineering, 1-3(in Korean).
- Skoczylas, F., Agostini, F., and Lafhaj, Z. (2007), Experimental Study of Accelerated Leaching on Hollw Cylinders of Mortar, Cement and Concrete Research, 37(1), 71-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2006.09.018
- Tang, L., and Nilsson, L. O. (1992), Rapid Determination of the Chloride Diffusivity in Concrete by Applying an Electrical Field, ACI Material Journal, 89(1), 49-53.
- Torrenti, J. M., Nguyen, V. H. and Colina, H. (2007), Chemo-Mechanical Coupling Behaviour of Leached Concrete PartI: Experimental Results, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 237, 2083-2089. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2007.02.013
- Turick, C. E., and Berry, C. J. (2016), Review of Concrete Biodeterioration in Relation to Nuclear Waste, Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 151, 12-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvrad.2015.09.005
- Yang, E. I., Jin, S. H., Kim, M. Y., and Choi, Y. S. (2011), Effect of Initial Flexural Crack on Resistance to Chloride Penetration into Reinforced Concrete Members, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 15(2), 79-87(in Korean).
- Yang, E. I., and Choi, Y. S. (2011), Characteristics of Pore Structures and Compressive Strength in Calcium Leached Concrete Specimens, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 23(5), 647-656(in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.5.647
Supported by : 한국연구재단