- Volume 28 Issue 3
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify factors influencing a family's quality of life (QoL) when one member has a liver transplantation. Methods: A total of 98 families were asked questions about characteristics, stress, social support and QoL. The instruments used for this study were the Stress Scale for Families of Liver Transplantation Recipients, the Personal Resources Questionnaire, the Korean version of QoL Simple Type Scale. Data were analyzed by t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient and multiple regression. Results: The mean scores of stress was
Liver transplantation;Family;Stress;Social support;Quality of life
- Statistics Korea. Statistical Database [Internet]. Seoul: Statistics Korea; 2014 [cited 2015 September 23]. Available from: http://kosis.kr/statisticsList/statisticsList_01List.jsp?vwcd=MT_ZTITLE&parmTabId=M_01_01
- Lee SK. Current status of liver transplantation in Korea. Korean Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005;46(2):75-83.
- KONOS. Statistics [Internet]. Seoul: KONOS; 2014 [cited 2015 September 26]. Available from: https://www.konos.go.kr/konosis/index.jsp
- Kim EM, Suh MJ. Adjustment experience of liver transplant recipient. Korean Academic Society of Rehabilitation Nursing. 2003;6(1):61-9.
- Lee HJ. A case study on the experiences of liver transplant recipients and their spouses [masters thesis]. Seoul: Yonsei University; 2001.
- Nam DK. Development of need assessment for family of liver transplantation recipients [master's thesis]. Seoul: Hanyang University; 2005.
- Kim MJ. Development of a stress scale for families of liver transplantation recipients [dissertation]. Bucheon: Catholic University;2014. p. 1-154.
- Meltzer LJ, Rodrigue JR. Psychological distress in caregivers of liver and lung transplant candidates. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings. 2001;8(3):173-80. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011317603415
- Manificat S, Dazord A, Cochat P, Morin D, Plainguet F, Debray D. Quality of life of children and adolescents after kidney or liver transplantation: child, parents and caregiver's point of view. Pediatric Transplant. 2003;7(3):228-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.1034/j.1399-3046.2003.00065.x https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1399-3046.2003.00065.x
- Oh KS, Storey MJ, Lee SO, Kim JA, Jeong CJ, Oh KO, et al. Search for the meaning of social support in Korean society. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 1994;24(2):264-77.
- Weng LC, Huang HL, Wang YW, Chang CL, Tsai CH, Lee WC. Primary caregiver stress in caring for a living-related liver transplantation recipient during the postoperative stage. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2011;67(8):1749-57. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05625.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05625.x
- Rodrigue JR, Dimitri N, Reed A, Antonellis T, Hanto DW, Curry M. Quality of life and psychosocial functioning of spouse/partner caregivers before and after liver transplantation. Clinical Transplantation. 2011;25(2):239-47. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0012.2010.01224.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0012.2010.01224.x
- Yoon SK, Tak YR. Burden, social support and quality of life of the family caregiver's of hemodialysis patients. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 2014;20(3):395-405.
- Min YS, Yong JS. Relationships among burden, social support and quality of life for the family caregiver of hemodialysis patients. The Korean Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Academic Society. 2003;12(3):358-66.
- Lee KO, Kim YS. A study on the relationship between social support, burden and quality of life in intensive care unit patient's family. The Medical Journal of Chosun University. 2006;31(2):34-50.
- Cohen M, Katz D, Baruch Y. Stress among the family caregivers of liver transplant recipients. Progress in Transplantation. 2007;17(1):48-53. https://doi.org/10.7182/prtr.17.1.a651683t34177n77
- Brandt PA, Weinert C. The PRQ-a social support measure. Nursing Research. 1981;30(5):277-80. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00006199-198109000-00007 https://doi.org/10.1097/00006199-198109000-00007
- Suh MH, Oh KS. A study of well-being in caregivers caring for chronically ill family members. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 1993;23(3):467-86.
- Min SK, Lee CI, Kim GI, Seo SY, Kim DK. Development of Korean version of WHO quality of life scale abbreviated version (WHOQOL-BREF). Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association. 2000;39(3):571-9.
- Goetzinger AM, Blumenthal JA, O'Hayer C, Babyak MA, Hoffman BM, Ong L, et al. Stress and coping in caregivers of patients awaiting solid organ transplantation. Clinical Transplantation. 2012;26(1):97-104. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0012.2011.01431.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0012.2011.01431.x
- Malik P, Kohl C, Holzner B, Kemmler G, Graziadei I, Vogel W, et al. Distress in primary caregivers and patients listed for liver transplantation. Psychiatry Research. 2014;215(1):159-62. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2013.08.046 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2013.08.046
- Kang HR, Hong YJ, Hwang KA, Park MR, Chun SS, Lim NY. Stress and emotional status of patients undergone hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and their families. Korean Academic Society of Rehabilitation Nursing. 2004;7(2):115-26.
- Miyazaki ET, dos Santos R, Miyazaki MC, Domingos NM, Felicio HC, Rocha MF, et al. Patients on the waiting list for liver transplantation: caregiver burden and stress. Liver Transplantation. 2010;16(10):1164-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/lt.22130 https://doi.org/10.1002/lt.22130
- ASAN Medical Center. Liver transplantation [Internet]. Seoul: ASAN Medical Center; 2014[citeid 2015 September 22]. Available from: http://organ.amc.seoul.kr/asan/depts/organ/K/content.do?menuId=1610
- Ministry of Health ＆ Welfare. 2015 Rare intractable disease medical expenses support business guidance [Internet]. Cheongju: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2015 [citeid 2015 September 30].Available from: http://helpline.nih.go.kr/cdchelp/cyber.gst?method=detailView&ctype=c&cateCode=12&searchKind=&searchWord=&curPage=1&NO_CYBER_IDX=745
- Kim ES, Park YW, Kim KA, Kim JY, Lee ES, Yoon HY, et al. Stress, social supports, and coping among the family members of the patients in ICU. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 2007;13(3):123-34.
- Ka YH. The effects of adults' work-family conflicts on satisfaction in the domains and subjective quality of life. The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology. 2006;11(2):163-86.
- Miller B, Townsend A, Carpenter E, Montgomery RV, Stull D, Young RF. Social support and caregiver distress: a replication analysis. The Journals of Gerontology. Series B, Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences. 2001;56(4):S249-56. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/56.4.S249
- Park JY. Relationship between stress and quality of life of family caregivers of patient with lung cancer. Journal of Korean Oncology Nursing. 2010;10(2):129-36. http://dx.doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2010.10.2.129 https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2010.10.2.129
- Belasco AG, Sesso R. Burden and quality of life of caregivers for hemodialysis patients. American Journal of Kidney Diseases. 2002;39(4):805-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1053/ajkd.2002.32001 https://doi.org/10.1053/ajkd.2002.32001