- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Awareness and using status on long-term care insurance and insurance benefits
노인 장기요양보험 이용실태 및 서비스내용에 대한 인식
Jung, Jae-Yeon;Kim, Soo-Hwa;Kim, Young-Kyung;Ahn, Se-Youn;Yoo, Eun-Mi;Choi, Boo-Keun;Hwang, Yoon-Sook;Han, Su-Jin
- Received : 2016.04.06
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the awareness toward use and service contents of long term care for the elderly. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 296 adults from August 13 to October 20, 2014. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, awareness toward long term care insurance for the elderly, awareness toward long term oral health care services, use of long term care service and use intention for the long term care insurance. Data were analyzed by SPSS 18.0 program. Results: Those who were aware of the long term care insurance accounted for 55.4 percent. Approximately 50 percent of the respondents recognized long term care service items, home visit care, home visit bathing, and home visit nursing. Most of the respondents had information of long term care services by way of mass media and direct contact. Only 13.4 percent of the respondents were aware of the oral health service in the long term care insurance. The subjects were aware of denture cleaning, oral cleaning and oral health education out of oral health service in order; and oral health services that needed to be offered were denture cleaning, oral health education and professional toothbrushing. They reported that dental hygienists were the most important manpower that offered the efficient oral health care services. They answered that professional manpower and financial support are required for oral health services. The positive thinking to long term care insurance accounted for 89.2 percent and 91.3 percent had use intention for oral health services. Conclusions: Many elderly people have mastication or dysphagic problems due to systemic diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to announce the long term care insurance and long term care services for the elderly people.
aging;dental hygienist;insurance benefit;long-term care insurance;oral health care service
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2015 Health and welfare statistical year book. Vol. 61. Sejong: Ministry of Health and Welfare; 2015: 5, 407.
- National Health Insurance Corporation. 2015 Major statistics of health insurance, Seoul: National Health Insurance Corporation. 2016: 6.
- National Health Insurance Service. 2014 Long term care insurances statistical yearbook, Seoul: National Health Insurance Corporation. 2016: 592-3.
- Ahn JY, Chen CY, Hayes RB. Oral microbiome and oral and gastrointestinal cancer risk. Cancer Causes Control 2012; 23(3): 399-404. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10552-011-9892-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10552-011-9892-7
- Jo JY, Ju SJ, Song HS. Dental disease and infedtive endocarditis. Oral Biology Research 2014; 38(2):51-57. https://doi.org/10.21851/obr.38.2.201410.51
- Kong SH, Kim BJ, Kim YH, Seol ME, Lee SK, Lee EM, et al. Care of cancer patients: Symptom management. Seoul: Hyunmunsa; 2000: 663-72.
- Lockhart PB, Bolger AF, Papapanou, PN, Osinbowale O, Trevisan M, Levison ME, et al. Periodontal disease and atherosclerotic vascular disease: does the evidence support an independent association? Circulation 2012; 125(20): 2520-44. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31825719f3 https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31825719f3
- Teeuw WJ, Slot DE, Susanto H, Gerdes VE, Abbas F, D'Aiuto F, Kastelein JJ, Loos BG. Treatment of periodontitis improves the atherosclerotic profile: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Periodontal 2014: 41(1): 70-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.12171 https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.12171
- Nishiyama Y, Inaba E, Uematsu H, Senpuku H. Effects of mucosal care on oral pathogens in professional oral hygiene to the elderly. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2010; 51(3): e139-43. http://dx.doi:10.1016/j.archger.2010.04.009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2010.04.009
- Bae JD. Study on betterment of long-term care insurance for the aged. Korean Academy of Social Welfare Support 2009; 4(1): 99-122.
- Kim KW. The study on the status and problems for long-term care insurance infrastructure for the aged. Korean Academy of social Welfare Support 2007; 3(2): 93-122.
- So JS. A study on the amendments of long-term care-related legislations for the introduction of part-time facility dentists. J Korean Dent Assoc 2015; 53(10): 696-704.
- Kim KW, Yoon HJ, Kim MR, Lee HK, Lee KS. Effects of oral hygiene improvement of the elderly patients by caregiver's in rural long-term care hospital. J Agric Med Community Health 2010; 35(1); 13-20. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2010.35.1.013
- Lee KH, Kim HD. A study on the problems of and an improvement plan for long-term care insurance for the past six years. Journal of Social Science Research 2013; 22: 282-96.
- Park JR, Kim HJ. The effect of need of oral health management to oral health impact profile among elderly over 65 years. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(6): 961-71.
- Back JU, Roh EM. The effect of oral health of the elderly on their social efficacy and personal relations. Korean Journal Of Clinical Social Work 2010; 7(3): 1-16.
- Kwon SH, Park JR, Lee YK. A study on the elder care facility workers' attitude towards senior citizens and on the perception towards long-term care insurance system for senior citizens. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(5):905-15.
- National Health Insurance. 2014 Long-term care statistical yearbook. Wonju: National Health Insurance Corporation; 2015: 592.
Supported by : 한양여자대학교