- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influencing factors on satisfaction of clinical practice field in dental hygiene students
치위생 전공 학생들의 현장실습기관 만족에 영향을 미치는 요인
Seong, Mi-Gyung;Hwang, Se-Hyun;Kang, Hyun-Kyung;Jang, Kyeung-Ae
- Received : 2016.02.03
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the influencing factors on satisfaction of clinical practice field in dental hygiene students. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 273 dental hygiene students in Gyeongnam from September 7 to 25, 2015 after receiving informed consent. Except incomplete answers, 269 data were analyzed. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, awareness of clinical practice field satisfaction, awareness of clinical practice contents, clinical practice training, awareness of clinical practice field, future plan and behavioral change. The questionnaire was measured by Likert 5 point scale. Results: In clinical practice training, the satisfied group showed a significantly higher score than the unsatisfied group(p<0.001). In future plan and behavior change, the satisfied group showed a significantly higher score than the unsatisfied group(p<0.001). The influencing factors on clinical practice field included awareness of clinical practice field(p<0.001), awareness of clinical practice contents(p<0.001), clinical practice training(p<0.001), and future plan and behavior changes(p<0.01). Conclusions: The influencing factors on satisfaction of clinical practice field included awareness of clinical practice contents and clinical practice training, and future plan and behavioral change. It is important to develop the program for the effective clinical practice to enhance future pland behavioral change for the dental hygiene students.
dental hygiene;clinical practice;satisfaction
- Oh HS. Study on the teaching efficiency and satisfaction levels of clinical practice instructors during clinical practice training for some dental hygienists and students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13: 777-86. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.777
- Park JR. Characteristics of junior college students majoring in dental hygiene and their attitude on clinical training [Master's thesis]. Daegu: Univ. of Kyungpook, 1991.
- Lee SE. A study on satisfaction and experience of clinical practice & direction for clinical education: focused on maternity nursing practice. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ 2001; 7: 333-48.
- Lee SH, Kim SY, Kim JA. Nursing students' image of nurse and satisfaction with clinical practice. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm 2004; 10: 219-31.
- Hong SU, Han JH, Kim HK, Ahn YS. A study on the stress of clinical practice, stress coping and somatization for dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009; 9: 219-24.
- Chun JY, Lee HO, Kim J. The effect of self-expression on stress with clinical dental practice among students in the department of dental hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci 2007; 7: 89-96.
- Kim SK, Jung YS. Dental hygiene students' stress during clinical practices and stress coping styles. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10: 887-95.
- Butters JM, Vaught RL. The effect of an extramural education program on the perceived clinical competence of dental hygiene students. J Dent Educ 1999; 63: 415-20.
- Lee BR, Kim HG, Yoon MK, Lee GJ, Cha SY, Lim CH. A Study on the perception of students in the radiation study on the clinical practices. J Radiological Sci and Tech 2014; 37: 211-21.
- Kim YS, Kim YS. A study about the satisfaction of dental hygiene students with clinical training places. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010; 34: 543-52.
- Jeon MY, Song HD. Development of an instruction design model for the practice based subjects for utilizing NCS learning modules in colleges. J Interdisciplinary Adult Continuing Educ 2015; 18: 123-49.
- Youn HJ, Jung JO, Lee KH. Dental hygienist image among dental hygiene students according to clinical practice experience. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12: 781-92. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.4.781
- Heo HY, Hong SH. A study on dental hygiene students with clinical practice. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2011; 13: 243-53.
- Sim HS. The status of clinical practice by dental hygiene students at Kwangju.Chonnam area colleges[Master' sthesis]. Kwangju: Univ. of Chosun, 2000.
- An SH. Development of a standardized clinical practice manual for practitioners in dental hospitals[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Kyung Hee, 2014.
- Cho MS, Kim CS. The relationship between the satisfaction levels of education and clinical practice in the dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14: 649-57. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.649
- Park MY. A study on the satisfaction and stress factor of clinical practice for students in the department of dental hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci 2006; 6: 243-9.
- Choi OS, Ahn GS, Kim HJ. Relationship between degree of clinical satisfaction and experience on performance for dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015; 15: 182-9. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.182
- Lee JH, Jeon ES. A study on causes of stress experienced by part students of dental hygiene department during clinical training. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009; 9: 137-43.
- Park SM, Choi ES. Influencing factors on the satisfaction of the paramedic students in clinical training. J Korean Soc of Emerg Med Tech 2012; 16: 91-101.
- Lee SH, Kim SY, Kim JA. Nursing student's image of nurse and satisfaction with clinical practice. J Koreaa Acad Nurs Adm 2004; 10: 219-31.
- Han YK, Kim HH. The effects of clinical practice satisfaction on image of dental hygienists in dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015; 15: 457-64. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.457
- Na HS, Kang GY. The status of field practice education by students and field teachers in the Dept. of dermatology and beauty art. J Article Manage Syst 2009; 7: 59-69.
- Lee HK, Cho WH. The research on the effect that the welfare field training reaches to the course selection around the statistical analysis technique. J Korea Soc Comput Inf 2005; 18: 217-23.
- Shin SY, Lee SY. Evaluation of pharmacy students' attiyudes toward pharmaceutical care and career choices following interdisciplinary inpatient clerkships. J Korea Clin Pharmacy 2014; 24: 88-9.
- Lee HJ, Choi MY, Hwang JH. Impact of perceived risk on emotional response, satisfaction level and intention of recommendation in students with clinical practice experience. J Korean Data Analysis Soc 2015; 17: 2179-93.
- Do HS, Cho IJ. A Study on the improvement of competence for social work professional practice among social work interns. J Sch Soc Work 2014; 29: 561-83.
- Lee HS, Noh JS, Cha JJ, Kim SR, Kim SK, Park SG, et al. The Change of Awareness of Decision on Employment Through the Fieldwork for Occupational Therapy Students. J Korean Soc Occup Therapy 2010; 18: 107-21.