- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Relationship between job stress and oral health-related quality of life in the blue collar workers
생산직 근로자의 직무스트레스와 구강건강 관련 삶의 질의 관련성
Kim, Hyeong-Ran;Jo, Ji-Young;Yu, Byeng-Chul
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the relationship between job stress and oral health-related quality of life in the blue collar workers. Methods: This study has been conducted with subjects of blue-collar workers who work in the industrial section located in Gyeongnam area from August 2013 to September 2013. Korean Occupational Stress Scale(KOSS-SF) and oral health impact profile(OHIP-14) were used as research tools. Data were analyzed by descriptive analysis, t-test, ANOVA, and multiple regression analysis. Results: Overall job stress and oral heal-related quality of life level of subjects were
blue collar workers;job stress;quality of life related to oral health
- Kim HJ. Relationship between quality of life and industrial workers' oral health evaluation using OHIP-focusing on some workers in Gumi city[Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Keimyung, 2004.
- Kim AJ. The effect of job stress and degree of dry mouth on OHIP-14 in industrial workers[Master's thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2011.
- Kim ES. Job stress factors: blue-collar workers in the destination[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of KyungHee, 2011.
- Song GH. A study on the evaluation of health and oral health related quality of life in Korean adults[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Hanyang, 2007.
- Seong JH, Park MS. A study on patterns or reality of oral health: government employees and private school employees. J Dent Hyg Sci 2002; 1(2); 39-45.
- Shin BM. Association between stress, oral health behavior and oral health status among 6th grade primary school students in Gangneung city.: J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010; 34(3): 403-10.
- Kim MK. A study on development factors of community health center's oral health promotion program: analysis by analytic hierarchy process[Master's thesis]. Gimhae: Univ. of Inje, 2008.
- Jang SJ, Go SB, Kang DM, Kim SA, Kang MG, Lee CG, et al. Developing an occupational stress scale for Korean employees: Ann Occup Environ Med 2005; 17(4): 297-317.
- Lee JY, Kim GP, Yu BC. Relationship between periodontal diseases and quality of life. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(5): 835-43. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.835. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.835
- Lee TH. Knowledge, attitude and practices for oral health among industrial employees. J Korean Acad Oral Health 1997; 21(2): 279-300.
- Hahn MJ. The dental status of workers on offshore installation in the UK oil and gas industry. Br Dent J 1987; 163(8): 262-4. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4806268
- Feavor GP. Occupational dentistry : A review of 100 years of dental of dental care in the workplace. J Soc Occup Med 1988; 38(1-2): 41-3. https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/38.1-2.41
- Cho HJ, Cho MH, Cho YJ, Jang YE, Jeon EH, Jeong BR, et al. Research articles : The influence of occupational stress in dry mouth and self-diagnosed oral symptoms on workers. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012; 12(6): 634-43.
- Locker D, Slade G. Oral health and the quality of life among older adults: The oral health impact profile. J Can Dent Assoc 1993; 59(10): 830-3, 37-8, 44.
- Hong MH. The effects of occupational stress on oral health impact profile(OHIP) in local government workers. J Dent Hyg Sci 2013; 12(3): 471-83.
- Park HJ, Lee JH. The effect of socioeconomic status, oral health consciousness and behaviors on the periodontal-health disparities among Korean adults. Korean J Health Edu and pro 2010; 27(1): 61-9.