- Volume 65 Issue 7
As an Increased penetration level of renewable resources has caused concerns about primary frequency response, an increase in BESS(Battery Energy Storage System) capacity has been expected because of its fast response to the disturbances in the power system. This paper proposes the Integrated Control Strategy of multiple BESS for effectively providing the primary frequency control in the bulk power systems by coordinating the response, SOC and its recovery of BESS. The proposed strategy prevents multiple BESS from providing exceeding response and keeps the balance between SOC of multiple BESS. In addition, It would recover the SOC of BESS efficiently. The effectiveness of the proposed strategy is verified through various case studies employing Korean power system.
Battery Energy Storage System(BESS);Integrated control strategy;State of Charge(SOC);Primary frequency control
- "World Energy Outlook 2010," IEA, 2010
- "Trend of policy of overseas countries concerning nuclear plant after Fukushima nuclear accident," Ministry of Education, Jan. 2013
- "The 7th Basic plan of long-term electricity supply and demand," KPX, July, 2015
- "Economy research of solar and wind power generation reflecting on stability of power system," KEEI, 2014
- "Energy Storage for the Electricity Grid: Benefits and Market Potential Assessment Guide," Sandia National Report, 2010
- "K-ESS 2020," Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, May, 2011
- "Synthesis promotion plan of ESS to realize a creative economy," KEPCO, Oct. 2013
- Jun Bum Han, "A Study on the Criteria for Setting the Dynamic Control Mode of Battery Energy Storage System in Power Systems", The Transactions of KIEE, Vol. 62, No. 4, pp. 444-450, Mar. 2013.
- Jun Yeong Yun, "SOC-based Control Strategy of Battery Energy Storage System for Power System Frequency Regulation" The Transactions of KIEE Vol. 63, No. 5, pp. 622-628, May, 2014
- Alexandre Oudalov, Daniel Chartouni, Christian Ohler "Optimizing a Battery Energy Storage System for Primary Frequency Control," IEEE Trans. Power syst., VOL. 22, Aug. 2007
- D. P. Chassin, Z. Huang, M. K. Donnelly, C. Hassler, E. Ramirez, C. Ray, "Estimation of WECC System Inertia Using Observed Frequency Transients," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 20, pp. 1190-1192, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.846155
- Muhammad Khalid , "Model Predictive Control Based Efficient Operation of Battery Energy Storage System for Primary Frequency Control", 2010 11th International Conference, Control Automation Robotics & Vision, 2010.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)