- Volume 33 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Kinematic Analysis of a 6-DOF Ultra-Precision Positioning Stage Based on Flexure Hinge
플렉셔 힌지 기반 6-자유도 초정밀 위치 결정 스테이지의 기구학 해석
- Received : 2015.12.26
- Accepted : 2016.04.26
- Published : 2016.07.01
This paper describes kinematic analysis of a 6-degrees-of-freedom (DOF) ultra-precision positioning stage based on a flexure hinge. The stage is designed for processes which require ultra-precision and high load capacities, e.g. wafer-level precision bonding/assembly. During the initial design process, inverse and forward kinematic analyses were performed to actuate the precision positioning stage and to calculate workspace. A two-step procedure was used for inverse kinematic analysis. The first step involved calculating the amount of actuation of the horizontal actuation units. The second step involved calculating the amount of actuation of the vertical actuation unit, given the the results of the first step, by including a lever hinge mechanism adopted for motion amplification. Forward kinematic analysis was performed by defining six distance relationships between hinge positions for in-plane and out-of-plane motion. Finally, the result of a circular path actuation test with respect to the x-y, y-z, and x-z planes is presented.
Flexure hinge;Parallel mechanism;Inverse kinematics;Forward kinematics;Positioning stage
- Yang, R., Jouaneh, M., and Schweizer, R., "Design and Characterization of a Low-Profile Micropositioning Stage," Precision Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 20-29, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-6359(95)00032-1
- Chang, S. H. and Du, B. C., "A Precision Piezodriven Micropositioner Mechanism with Large Travel Range," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 69, No. 4, pp. 1785-1791, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1148842
- Yao, Q., Dong, J., and Ferreira, P. M., "Design, Analysis, Fabrication and Testing of a Parallel- Kinematic Micropositioning XY Stage," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 47, No. 6, pp. 946-961, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2006.07.007
- Chen, M.-Y., Huang, S.-C., Hung, S.-K., and Fu, L.-C., "Design and Implementation of a New Six-DOF Maglev Positioner With a Fluid Bearing," IEEE/ ASME Transactions Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 3 pp. 449-458, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2011.2121917
- Kim, H. S., Cho, Y. M., and Moon, J. H., "Active Vibration Control Using a Novel Three-DOF Precision Micro-Stage," Smart Materials Structures, Vol. 19, No. 5, 2010.
- Shin, H., Lee, S., Jeong, J. I., and Kim, J., "Antagonistic Stiffness Optimization of Redundantly Actuated Parallel Manipulators in a Predefined Workspace," IEEE/ASME Transactions Mechatronics, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 1161-1169, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2012.2198224
- Moon, J.-H., Pahk, H. J., and Lee, B.-G., "Design, Modeling, and Testing of a Novel 6-DOF Micropositioning Stage with Low Profile and Low Parasitic Motion," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 163-176, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-010-3033-4
- Choi, S. B., Han, S. S., and Lee, Y. S., "Fine Motion Control of a Moving Stage Using a Piezoactuator Associated with a Displacement Amplifier," Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 222-230, 2004.
- Moon, J.-H., Park, J.-H., and Pahk, H.-J., "Design and Modeling of a 6-DOF Stage for Ultra-Precision Positioning," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 106-113, 2009.
- Shin, H.-P., "Design of a 6-DOF Stage for Precision Positioning and Large Force Generation," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 105-111, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.1.105
Supported by : 동양미래대학교