- Volume 33 Issue 7
An orbital grinding system uses a special motion to machine crankshafts in ships. When a crankshaft is operated, eccentric pins rotate and a grinding wheel moves in order to grind the pins. Thermal error caused by heat generated in the grinding process decreases the quality of the final product. In this study, the thermal error of an orbital grinding system caused by heat generation was investigated in order to predict the extent of thermal error that can occur during the grinding process. Since the machine position changes during orbital grinding, the pin part is divided into 30 degree intervals and heat is generated. Total thermal error was measured by summing the thermal errors associated with the pin and the grinding wheel. Total thermal error was found to reach a maximum at 60 degrees and a minimum at 210 degrees because of the shape of the crankshaft.
오비탈 연삭가공;열변위 오차;크랭크샤프트
- Mao, C., Zhou, Z., Ren, Y., and Zhang, B., "Analysis and Fem Simulation of Temperature Field in Wet Surface Grinding," Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 399-406, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/10426910903124811
- Littmann, W. E., "The Influence of the Grinding Process on the Structure of Hardened Steels," Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Metallurgy, Vita. Bibliography, pp. 70-72, 1954.
- Ueda, T., Hosokawa, A., and Yamamoto, A., "Studies on Temperature of Abrasive Grains in Grinding- Application of Infrared Radiation Pyrometer," Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol. 107, No. 2, pp. 127-133, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3185975
- Biermann, D. and Schneider, M., "Modeling and Simulation of Workpiece Temperature in Grinding by Finite Element Analysis," Machining Science and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 173-183, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/10940349708945645
- Guo, C. and Malkin, S., "Analysis of Transient Temperature in Grinding," ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol. 117, No. 4, pp. 571-577, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2803535
- Malkin, S., Guo, C., and Malkin, S., "Thermal Analysis of Grinding," CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 760-782, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2007.10.005
연구 과제 주관 기관 : (주)세스코, NRF