- Volume 33 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of Flexible Thin Multilayered Planar Coil for Micro Electromagnetic Induction Energy Harvester
초소형 전자기 유도방식 에너지 하베스터용 연성 박막 다적층 평판 코일 설계 및 제작
- Received : 2015.11.20
- Accepted : 2016.04.29
- Published : 2016.07.01
In this paper, an energy harvester is developed that has advantages regarding piezoelectric noise minimization, mass production, and an easily available environmental energy source, electromagnetic induction, as well as low-frequency bandwidth and high amplitude. A process for fabricating a three-dimensional multilayered planar coil using micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) on a flexible printed circuit board FPCB is introduced. Optimal shape and size were calculated via internal resistance and inductance, and a prototype was fabricated through the MEMS procedure while considering the possibility of mass production. Although the internal resistance matched the designed value, the electromotive force generated did not reach the intended amount. The main reason for the decrease in efficiency was the low area of coil outskirt exposed to the magnetic field while there was relative motion between the magnet and the coil.
Energy harvester;Flexible printed circuit board;Planar coil;Polyimid;Inductance
- Shin, Y.-H. and Lee, Y.-P., "Measurement on Vibration Mode of Tire Wheel as an Energy Source of Micro Power," Transactions of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 64-72, 2009.
- Park, H. and Kim, J., "Electromagnetic Induction Energy Harvester for High-Speed Railroad Applications," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf.-Green Tech., Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 41-48, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40684-016-0006-6
- Mohan, S. S., del Mar Hershenson, M., Boyd, S. P., and Lee, T. H., "Simple Accurate Expressions for Planar Spiral Inductances," IEEE Journal of Solid- State Circuits, Vol. 34, No. 10, pp. 1419-1424, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/4.792620
- Zhao, J., "A New Calculation for Designing Multilayer Planar Spiral Inductors," Electrical Design News, Vol. 55, No. 14, pp. 37-40, 2010.
- Williams, C. B. and Yates, R. B., "Analysis of a Micro-Electric Generator for Microsystems," Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 8-11, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-4247(96)80118-X
- Park, H., Moon, Y., and Kwon, S., "Development of Rotational Type of Wheel-Based Electromagnetic Induction Energy Harvester by Using Orthogonal Array," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 125-130, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.2.125
Supported by : STX엔진주식회사