- Volume 5 Issue 1
Flexural bending analysis of perfect and imperfect functionally graded materials plates under hygro-thermo-mechanical loading are investigated in this present paper. Due to technical problems during FGM fabrication, porosities and micro-voids can be created inside FGM samples which may lead to the reduction in density and strength of materials. In this investigation, the FGM plates are assumed to have even and uneven distributions of porosities over the plate cross-section. The modified rule of mixture is used to approximate material properties of the FGM plates including the porosity volume fraction. In order the elastic coefficients, thermal coefficient and moisture expansion coefficient of the plate are assumed to be graded in the thickness direction. The elastic foundation is modeled as two-parameter Pasternak foundation. The equilibrium equations are given and a number of examples are solved to illustrate bending response of Metal-Ceramic plates subjected to hygro-thermo-mechanical effects and resting on elastic foundations. The influences played by many parameters are investigated.
FGM plate;moisture concentration;thermal field;elastic foundations;higher-order shear deformation theory
- Abdelhak, Z., Hadji, L., Daouadji, T.H. and Bedia, E.A. (2015), "Thermal buckling of functionally graded plates using a n-order four variable refined theory", Adv. Mater. Res., 4(1), 31-44. https://doi.org/10.12989/amr.2015.4.1.31
- Bahrami, A. and Nosier, A. (2007), "Interlaminar hygrothermal stresses in laminated plates", Int. J. Solid. Struct., 44(25), 8119-8142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2007.06.004
- Belabed, Z., Houari, M.S.A., Tounsi, A., Mahmoud, S.R. and Beg, O.A. (2014), "An efficient and simple higher order shear and normal deformation theory for functionally graded material (FGM) plates", Compos. Part B: Eng., 60, 274-283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2013.12.057
- Bellifa, H., Benrahou, K.H., Hadji, L., Houari, M.S.A. and Tounsi, A. (2016), "Bending and free vibration analysis of functionally graded plates using a simple shear deformation theory and the concept the neutral surface position", J. Brazilian Society Mech. Sci. Eng., 38(1), 265-275. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-015-0354-0
- Benachour, A., Tahar, H.D., Atmane, H.A., Tounsi, A. and Ahmed, M.S. (2011), "A four variable refined plate theory for free vibrations of functionally graded plates with arbitrary gradient", Compos. Part B: Eng., 42(6), 1386-1394. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2011.05.032
- Benferhat, R., Daouadji, T.H. and Mansour, M.S. (2015), "A higher order shear deformation model for bending analysis of functionally graded plates", Transact. Indian Inst. Metal., 68(1), 7-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-014-0428-1
- Benkhedda, A. and Tounsi, A. (2008), "Effect of temperature and humidity on transient hygrothermal stresses during moisture desorption in laminated composite plates", Compos. Struct., 82(4), 629-635. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2007.04.013
- Bennoun, M., Houari, M.S.A. and Tounsi, A. (2016), "A novel five-variable refined plate theory for vibration analysis of functionally graded sandwich plates", Mech. Adv. Mater. Struct., 23(4), 423-431. https://doi.org/10.1080/15376494.2014.984088
- Bouderba, B., Houari, M.S.A. and Tounsi, A. (2013), "Thermomechanical bending response of FGM thick plates resting onWinkler-Pasternak elastic foundations", Steel Compos. Struct., 14(1), 85-104. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2013.14.1.085
- Bourada, M., Kaci, A., Houari, M.S.A. and Tounsi, A. (2015), "A new simple shear and normal deformations theory for functionally graded beams", Steel Compos. Struct., 18(2), 409-423. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.18.2.409
- Buczkowski, R. and Torbacki, W. (2001), "Finite element modelling of thick plates on two-parameter elastic foundation", Int. J. Numer. Analy. Method. Geomech., 25(14), 1409-1427. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.187
- Chucheepsakul, S. and Chinnaboon, B. (2003), "Plates on two-parameter elastic foundations with nonlinear boundary conditions by the boundary element method", Comput. Struct., 81(30), 2739-2748. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(03)00340-7
- Daouadji, T.H. and Tounsi, A. (2013), "Analytical solution for bending analysis of functionally graded plates", Sci. Iranica, 20(3), 516-523.
- Daouadji, T.H., Henni, A.H., Tounsi, A. and El Abbes, A.B. (2012), "A new hyperbolic shear deformation theory for bending analysis of functionally graded plates", Model. Simul. Eng., 2012, 29.
- Hamidi, A., Houari, M.S.A., Mahmoud, S.R. and Tounsi, A. (2015), "A sinusoidal plate theory with 5-unknowns and stretching effect for thermomechanical bending of functionally graded sandwich plates", Steel Compos. Struct., 18(1), 235-253. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.18.1.235
- Liu, F.L. (2000), "Rectangular thick plates on Winkler foundation: differential quadrature element solution", Int. J. Solid. Struct., 37(12), 1743-1763. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(98)00306-0
- Mahi, A. and Tounsi, A. (2015), "A new hyperbolic shear deformation theory for bending and free vibration analysis of isotropic, functionally graded, sandwich and laminated composite plates", Appl. Math. Model., 39(9), 2489-2508. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2014.10.045
- Meziane, M.A.A., Abdelaziz, H.H. and Tounsi, A. (2014), "An efficient and simple refined theory for buckling and free vibration of exponentially graded sandwich plates under various boundary conditions", J. Sandwich Struct. Mater., 16(3), 293-318. https://doi.org/10.1177/1099636214526852
- Neves, A.M.A., Ferreira, A.J.M., Carrera, E., Cinefra, M., Roque, C.M.C., Jorge, R.M.N. and Soares, C.M.M. (2012), "A quasi-3D hyperbolic shear deformation theory for the static and free vibration analysis of functionally graded plates", Compos. Struct., 94(5), 1814-1825. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2011.12.005
- Patel, B.P., Ganapathi, M. and Makhecha, D.P. (2002), "Hygrothermal effects on the structural behaviour of thick composite laminates using higher-order theory", Compos. Struct., 56(1), 25-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-8223(01)00182-9
- Reddy, J.N. (2000), "Analysis of functionally graded plates", Int. J. Numer. Method. Eng., 47(1-3), 663-684. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(20000110/30)47:1/3<663::AID-NME787>3.0.CO;2-8
- Shen, H.S. (1999), "Nonlinear bending of Reissner-Mindlin plates with free edges under transverse and in-plane loads and resting on elastic foundations", Int. J. Mech. Sci., 41(7), 845-864. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(98)00060-5
- Suresh, S. and Mortensen, A. (1998), "Fundamental of functionally graded materials", Maney, London.
- Tanigawa, Y. (1995), "Some basic thermoelastic problems for nonhomogeneous structural materials", Appl. Mech. Rev., 48(6), 287-300. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3005103
- Timoshenko, S.P. and Woinowsky-Krieger, S. (1959), "Theory of plates and shells", McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Tlidji, Y., Daouadji, T.H., Hadji, L., Tounsi, A. and Bedia, E.A.A. (2014), "Elasticity solution for bending response of functionally graded sandwich plates under thermomechanical loading", J. Therm. Stress., 37(7), 852-869. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739.2014.912917
- Tounsi, A., Houari, M.S.A. and Benyoucef, S. (2013), "A refined trigonometric shear deformation theory for thermoelastic bending of functionally graded sandwich plates", Aerospace Sci. Tech., 24(1), 209-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2011.11.009
- Tungikar, V.B. and Rao, K.M. (1994), "Three dimensional exact solution of thermal stresses in rectangular composite laminate", Compos. Struct., 27(4), 419-430. https://doi.org/10.1016/0263-8223(94)90268-2
- Voyiadjis, G.Z. and Kattan, P.I. (1986), "Thick rectangular plates on an elastic foundation", J. Eng. Mech., 112(11), 1218-1240. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1986)112:11(1218)
- Wattanasakulpong, N., Prusty, B.G., Kelly, D.W. and Hoffman, M. (2012), "Free vibration analysis of layered functionally graded beams with experimental validation", Mater. Des., 36, 182-190. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2011.10.049
- Yahia, S.A., Atmane, H.A., Houari, M.S.A. and Tounsi, A. (2015), "Wave propagation in functionally graded plates with porosities using various higher-order shear deformation plate theories", Struct. Eng. Mech., 53(6), 1143-1165. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2015.53.6.1143
- Zenkour, A.M. (2006), "Generalized shear deformation theory for bending analysis of functionally graded plates", Appl. Math. Model., 30(1), 67-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2005.03.009
- Zenkour, A.M. (2009), "The refined sinusoidal theory for FGM plates on elastic foundations", Int. J. Mech. Sci., 51(11), 869-880. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2009.09.026
- Zhu, J., Lai, Z., Yin, Z., Jeon, J. and Lee, S. (2001), "Fabrication of ZrO 2-NiCr functionally graded material by powder metallurgy", Mater. Chem. Phys., 68(1), 130-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0254-0584(00)00355-2
- Zidi, M., Tounsi, A., Houari, M.S.A. and Beg, O.A. (2014), "Bending analysis of FGM plates under hygro-thermo-mechanical loading using a four variable refined plate theory", Aerospace Sci. Tech., 34, 24-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2014.02.001
- Thermal buckling behaviour of shear deformable functionally graded single/doubly curved shell panel with TD and TID properties vol.5, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/amr.2016.5.4.205
- Elastic-plastic fracture of functionally graded circular shafts in torsion vol.5, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/amr.2016.5.4.299