- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Hydraulic Experiment for Pollutant Discharge Characteristics in a Wolseong Nuclear Power Plant Port
월성원자력발전소의 항내 오염물 유출 특성에 관한 수리실험
Yang, Byung-Mo;Min, Byung-Il;Park, Kihyun;Kim, Sora;Lee, Jung Lyul;Suh, Kyung-Suk
- Received : 2015.10.26
- Accepted : 2015.12.28
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this study, the dispersion process of pollutant substances in a port under wave and current environments was evaluated by a hydraulic experiment. Once the contaminants washed ashore into the port of Wolseong nuclear power plant, transport processes of pollutants were investigated by tracking the tracer according to the variations of experimental condition through a hydraulic experiment. Several hydraulic experiments were performed to analyze the pollutant discharge rate of the surface coming from the different coastal environments. From the hydraulic experiment results, the tracer concentration decreased exponentially. These results suggested that, after the tracer was transported to the open sea, a different gradient was shown under different conditions. For the case of a diluted condition, the half-life of flow rate was 2.70, 10.40, and 26.39 days for 30, 20 and 10 rpm in the left-side, respectively. The decrease of the tracer concentration under conditions of 30 rpm was much faster than that under conditions of 10 rpm. For the wave condition, the half-life of flow rate was 4.59 and 15.35 days for the right and left side of the port in a hydraulic scale prototype, respectively.
Wolseong nuclear power plant;Pollutants discharge;Hydraulic experiment;Discharge characteristics
- H. B. Fischer, E. J. List, R. C. Y. Koh, J. Imberger, and N. H. Brooks, Mixing in Inland and Coastal Water, 30-102, Academic Press, New York (1979).
- I.W. Seo, H.S. Kim, and D.G. Kim, "Experimental In-vestigation of Mixing of Heated Water Discharged by Submerged Multiport Diffuser", J. of the Korean Soc. Civil Eng., 17( -4), 335-346 (1997).
- H.S. Kim, Feb. 1997. "Mixing Characteristics of Heated Water Discharged by Submerged Multiport Diffuser." Seoul National University Library. Accessed Dec. 15 2015. Available from: http://dcollection.snu.ac.kr:80/jsp/common/DcLoOrgPer.jsp?sItemId=000000078866.
- M.W. Kim, G.W. Jo, J.H. Maeng, T.S. Kang, and J.K. Kim, "Improvement Plan of Ocean Physics Assessment Technique for Power Plant Thermal Effluent", Korean Soc. Ocean Eng., 28(3), 245-253 (2014).
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport (MOLIT). Dec. 17 2010. "A Study on Reasonable Adjustment Plan on Ship Navigation Areas." Accessed Jan. 5 2011. Available from: http://www.prism.go.kr/homepage/researchCommon/retrieveResearchDetailPopup.do;jsessionid=1E16878F791C190EA227B8D0AA5FBBB4.node02?research_id=1611000-201100065.
- Y.H. Kang, H.B. Seuk, J.H. Bang, and Y.K. Kim, "Seasonal Characteristics of Sea Surface Winds and Significant Wave Heights Observed Marine Meteorological Buoys and Lighthouse AWSs near the Korean Peninsula", J. of the Env. Sci. Inter., 24(3), 291-302 (2015). https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.3.291
- H.J. Seok, Aug. 30 2007. "A Study on the Erosion and Deposition in Eupcheon Beach." Pukyong National University Library. Accessed Dec. 15 2015. Available from: http://pknu.dcollection.net/jsp/common/DcLoOrgPer.jsp?sItemId=000001953834.
- S. Baranya and J. Jozsa, "Numerical and Laboratory Investigation of the Hydrodynamic Complexity of a River Confluence", Civil Eng., 51(1), 3-8 (2007).
- I.Y. Cheon, K.C. Kim, J.L. Lee, and K.S. Suh, "Design and Construction of the Hydraulic Scale Model for Field Experiments", Korean Soc. Rad. Ind., 2(3), 97-103 (2008).
Supported by : 한국연구재단